@ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmikegoodness View Post
Yes thanks Iron for tanking most of this for the animation team, I should check the forums more!

To reiterate, yes, cloth is very difficult. But let it be known that we hear you! And it's being worked on...

Soon™ = Better then No so I'm happy for now ^__^

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Yes thanks Iron for tanking most of this for the animation team, I should check the forums more!

To reiterate, yes, cloth is very difficult. But let it be known that we hear you! And it's being worked on...

Well, I've known for some time that dresses and draping material such as realistic hair are challenging to turn into pixels. Portraying accurately is one thing--making it usable for the users with low-end computers is nigh impossible.

But you, Ohmikegoodness did such an awesome job on Queen Ashe on Divine 'Raka. So if anyone can make it work with Karma's wide legged power stance, it's you.

Uzimic

03-19-2013

I honestly love the Sun Goddess skin, so glad its the one I have!

Severian NA

03-19-2013

Quote:

This makes me so happy! To see you giving it another shot because it means so much to us, and because the dress might be saved! Thank you!

KHDragonn

03-19-2013

Quote:

This pleases me...

Micalas

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Gotta make this a quick reply, but I'll see if I can get an animator in here eventually.

Basically comes down to rigging issues. We initially had the "traditional" skin as semi-full wraparound but again, because of rigging animation issues, we had to go with the cape/tabbard alternative. Full dresses are difficult, taxing, and tricky to animate when we do them, We needed some consistency in the rig across all skins, this was a result of that.

Personally, I still think it looks pretty nice ;)
I had no idea IronStylus was capable of being downvoted :o

PokaPokaPoka

03-19-2013

@Riot
I personally thank you for taking the extra time to bend around the needs of the people. I'm a longtime Karma fan and I have the Sun Goddess skin and I actually like how it is not a dress now, it fits better. However, I agree that this one needed to stay a dress to stay in the theme that the skin actually is which is traditional Japanese. Thanks for the awesome work and I saw that there was a skin name leak called 'Jade Empress Karma' and I'm ecstatic!

Lebrante

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

and give us karma old dance back (at alst on traditional, sakura and sungodess skin)

Zaphy

03-19-2013

IronStylus! Hero of the animators!

tailsmph

03-19-2013

Quote:

I'm not following how the animators at the biggest online game in the world currently have trouble animating a dress while animators at other developers (Lab Zero Games, for example, they make Skullgirls) are making far more detailed and quality models with less than 10% of Riot's budget.