@ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeachezofPeachez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
First off, I want to preface this with the fact that I LOVE Karma's new look. I'm not complaining about her huge change overall, be it her kit or aesthetics--I love all of it. However, I spotted the skins today, and I have to say... I'm not loving the new look for Sakura Karma.

When you first announced the remake and showed off her Traditional Skin, I was a bit torn. I missed her robe, but it captured the original feel well enough not to complain, plus it's free! Very cool. Sakura, though... I can't get behind it.

I really feel like Sakura Karma needs to retain the kimono look. I know Ionia isn't necessarily 100% equivalent to real world cultures, but the kimono was such an elegant style it suited her perfectly--and still would, I think. The pants also look very awkward with the kimono-style top still left in place. They seem quite mismatched and don't flow together very well, all for the sake of a style of garment very similar to Traditional Karma.

I know changing the model certainly can be done--Ahri's Dynasty skin is quite different, and so are a number of others like Jayce's release skin. I strongly urge you to reconsider her model and return Sakura Karma at the very least to the look of a standard kimono. It would certainly suit a calmer side of the country's leader, while retaining the elegance we all love about her.
Is this really what Sakura Karma is going to look like? *barfs* God I have this skin, and I would very sad to see this skin turned into that picture you have shown. That picture looks like she's a crossdressing man. Please for the love of God, change that.

Space Wizzard

03-19-2013

It just plain doesn't look right. but whatevs.

Healurownbum

03-19-2013

Wouldnt a good in between be a dress with a split to the side still giving her all the room but it still covering up most of her legs?

JevelFaithful

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachezofPeachez View Post
Is this really what Sakura Karma is going to look like? *barfs* God I have this skin, and I would very sad to see this skin turned into that picture you have shown. That picture looks like she's a crossdressing man. Please for the love of God, change that.
Trust me in game it doesn't look that way. It just loks normal. Karma is just getitng chun- lee style legs, I don,t mind that personally. Just go check it for real.

Illyriomysterio

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrian View Post
I think the sheer volume of people asking about it on the reddit ama and the forums has made them at least partially reconsider.

Which is kind of awesome.
It never broke 150, don't oversell yourself. This was, plain and simple, giving in to the vocal minority.

Folly Inc

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I concepted "traditional" and the new Sakura. Both had full dresses. The issues is not with my desires or designs. This is technical, on the side of animation. So, I suppose until I can get an animator to answer your questions on a technical level, feel free to downvote me for something I have no direct control of.
So you're the parrot I have to be mad at for NOT MAKING HER SIGIL/EMBLEM A PINK BLOSSOM. Why gold dragons? why? that would've been WAY more appropriate for her Sun Goddess skin.

Bad parrot. Bad.

StationaryObject

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post
So you're the parrot I have to be mad at for NOT MAKING HER SIGIL/EMBLEM A PINK BLOSSOM. Why gold dragons? why? that would've been WAY more appropriate for her Sun Goddess skin.

Bad parrot. Bad.
How would have gold dragons been better for an Aztec/Mesoamerica themed skin?

Mj

03-19-2013

So far I have been amazed with the recent skins/VU from Riot, but the new karma's sakura skin is very disapointing.

thenewzero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmikegoodness View Post
Yes thanks Iron for tanking most of this for the animation team, I should check the forums more!

To reiterate, yes, cloth is very difficult. But let it be known that we hear you! And it's being worked on...

Good to hear. =) I bought this skin when it was on sale because I was hoping the rework would look really good. But as of now, I wish I had bought Sun Goddess instead. You guys did a fantastic job on that one. It went from being a pretty ugly skin to being a really cool one.

I feel like the 'pants' make her legs look misshapen, like they are twice as thick as they should be.

The mantle on the other hand looks really good.

Ms Arduenna

03-19-2013

+1 for the kimono.