Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kennylaggins

03-19-2013

well i paid money for that skin the way it was. I think i should be refunded my rp and given the option to repurchase it. Using your own analogy, if it was my car and toyota decided to recall it and change the way it looked(i.e. fender flairs, spoiler and chrome bs) I would be upset.

PoisonedTea

03-19-2013

Just do something about it please.

It looks really bad.

HgHgraV

03-19-2013

I think it's pretty much a given that Riot will offer a free refund for this skin. They're usually good sports and I wouldn't expect them to change that now.

Definitely not worth any money.

Amelie

03-19-2013

I really think they can just edit this skin a bit to make it look better. I can live with her not having her full-length kimono.

But the PANTS. They seriously need to either change, or be removed. It just looks silly and makes her look chunky... in a bad way. I'm not sure why this skin got such awkward baggy pants when her other skins are so much more sleek.

Raptamei

03-19-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Gotta make this a quick reply, but I'll see if I can get an animator in here eventually.

Basically comes down to rigging issues. We initially had the "traditional" skin as semi-full wraparound but again, because of rigging animation issues, we had to go with the cape/tabbard alternative. Full dresses are difficult, taxing, and tricky to animate when we do them, We needed some consistency in the rig across all skins, this was a result of that.

Personally, I still think it looks pretty nice

Tip: current Karma has a dress. Why not make Sakura Karma the same as the current one? We can deal with the lack of a recall animation. I mean Frost Queen Janna doesn't have new particles either.

Schoild

Recruiter

03-19-2013

guys.. what you see in the picture is not really how she looks in game.. consider that, i've seen videos of sakura karma and she doesnt look like sakura-SUMO-karma like on this picture...

in this picture she looks FAT because of the angle it was taken i think.

take a look at how she looks in game.. she could look better but she doesnt look THAT bad

EDIT: i also think that the pants she's using right now are huge and makes her look fat.

here is the video:

http://youtu.be/qZ_luD0oPXo?t=2m9s

Teemo Support GG

03-19-2013

This was one of the first skins i bought in the game.....

I hated the gothish karma default skin and wanted something happy...

This..is not happay!

YGY818

03-19-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
We do indeed animate differently. There's no cloth simulation, no real-time physics engine, it's all hand-crafted. This makes fabrics in general very taxing on the animators, and when things go astray, where there's clipping, or a particular animation might cause the polys to deform badly, we have to edit. It's not about "are we up to the challenge", there are physical limitations we do have to deal with, and we do have to make cost/benefit analysis at times. It can be an issue of practicality, feasibility and payoff.

Ohmikegoodness is an absolute authority on this. He can tell you personally how difficult Queen Ashe and Divine Soraka were.

More reason for girl champions to dress very light lol.

Axium

03-19-2013

While I understand the difficulties behind making something like that work, it isn't really Sakura Karma without a kimono. I'd have to suggest redesigning the skin as a whole, and just giving it a different name. It just simply doesn't fit the theme without it being a kimono.

Exarch

03-19-2013

Quote:
Bma:
Can I get a free refund on this skin?

Frankly it looks terrible now.

This, Sakura Karma was my favourite skin for her, now it looks like ****.