Truth, Lies and Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camsaiga

03-18-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post35739272

link to GD thread...

Riot,

It saddens me to even have to post this thread and yet seeing the mass necros in the Dominions sub forum gave me no choice but to call you guys out and demand straight answers.

I know that as an avid fan and player of Dominion it makes me a minority the same as those who mainly play Twisted Treeline.

I know I will get down votes and people who troll this thread, people who for some reason feel threatened by the idea of ranked Dominion and people who simply are ignorant of Dominion.

However to those of you who are mature people that enjoy this game and that it offers and would like to see all players equally supported in their map preferences, I ask you to please support this thread in hopes of forcing Riot to be open, honest and real with all of us for once with regard to Dominion and their plans for this map.

Below I will paste a plethora of Riot posts on the subject of Dominion. You will quickly see that none of these hopes, claims, ideas and so on have come to fruition now nearly two years later. This to me is a slap in the proverbial face of those who support this game and also enjoy Dominion.

"Depends on your guys, really. We want to turn it on when you guys feel that things are ready for ranked play, both in terms of the map balance and general awareness of how to play the map." - Brakhar 2011 in regards to ranked Dominion.

"It sounds like you're presuming this new game mode is some little small side thing that won't be supported or that deep. That's not the case at all." - Brakhar 2011

"That said, we fully expect that once the players get Dominion, we'll see all kinds of crazy team builds, and we'll be watching closely to ensure we keep the game mode as balanced as possble." - Deathstryker78 2011

"We are doing Dominion Ranked after the Wild West phase has settled. There's no reason to assume it won't have a competitive nature." - Morello 2011

"Ranked will not be enabled at launch as we want people to feel out the game and get familiar with the meta. The implementation is complete though, so the intention is to turn it on after the rapid learning cycle is over." - Brakhar 2011

I think this enough quoted Riot posts to give everyone a very clear picture of how Dominion and it's players have been duped for two years now waiting for ranked.

I could not find the quote but in regards to ranked there was a more recent post about how maps separate the player base and yet we are now seeing an ARAM map being put into matchmaking. This alone was seen as an insult to all of those who have been waiting, trusting in Riot, to deliver ranked and balance fixes for years now.

This post is not about how Riot did a poor job hyping Dominion, the lack of a tutorial given the high barrier of entry to map at a competitive level or that the Dominion community has grown to be fairly small (though tight knit as those who are a part of Dominate Dominion can attest to).

This post is to raise awareness for all players that Dominion has been waiting for two years now to get ranked, that shortly after the launch Dominion quickly fell into a state of neglect and broken promises.

I don't care if you play or even like Dominion and ask for everyone to look at the bigger picture and support their fellow fans of League of Legends. Please bump this thread and show support in hopes of getting Riot responses to this issue and some sort of concrete answer as to what the plan for Dominion is. Like it or not we all love this game and we all deserve to enjoy our preferred mode to the fullest.

Thank you for your time fellow summoners and to Riot (when and if you all reply to this).

See you on the Fields of Justice be it Summoners Rift, Twisted Treeline or the Crystal Scar!

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Post on GD dawg.

Camsaiga

03-18-2013

I did, I put link at top as well ^^

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsaiga View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post35739272

link to GD thread...

Riot,

It saddens me to even have to post this thread and yet seeing the mass necros in the Dominions sub forum gave me no choice but to call you guys out and demand straight answers.

I know that as an avid fan and player of Dominion it makes me a minority the same as those who mainly play Twisted Treeline.

I know I will get down votes and people who troll this thread, people who for some reason feel threatened by the idea of ranked Dominion and people who simply are ignorant of Dominion.

However to those of you who are mature people that enjoy this game and that it offers and would like to see all players equally supported in their map preferences, I ask you to please support this thread in hopes of forcing Riot to be open, honest and real with all of us for once with regard to Dominion and their plans for this map.

Below I will paste a plethora of Riot posts on the subject of Dominion. You will quickly see that none of these hopes, claims, ideas and so on have come to fruition now nearly two years later. This to me is a slap in the proverbial face of those who support this game and also enjoy Dominion.

"Depends on your guys, really. We want to turn it on when you guys feel that things are ready for ranked play, both in terms of the map balance and general awareness of how to play the map." - Brakhar 2011 in regards to ranked Dominion.

"It sounds like you're presuming this new game mode is some little small side thing that won't be supported or that deep. That's not the case at all." - Brakhar 2011

"That said, we fully expect that once the players get Dominion, we'll see all kinds of crazy team builds, and we'll be watching closely to ensure we keep the game mode as balanced as possble." - Deathstryker78 2011

"We are doing Dominion Ranked after the Wild West phase has settled. There's no reason to assume it won't have a competitive nature." - Morello 2011

"Ranked will not be enabled at launch as we want people to feel out the game and get familiar with the meta. The implementation is complete though, so the intention is to turn it on after the rapid learning cycle is over." - Brakhar 2011

I think this enough quoted Riot posts to give everyone a very clear picture of how Dominion and it's players have been duped for two years now waiting for ranked.

I could not find the quote but in regards to ranked there was a more recent post about how maps separate the player base and yet we are now seeing an ARAM map being put into matchmaking. This alone was seen as an insult to all of those who have been waiting, trusting in Riot, to deliver ranked and balance fixes for years now.

This post is not about how Riot did a poor job hyping Dominion, the lack of a tutorial given the high barrier of entry to map at a competitive level or that the Dominion community has grown to be fairly small (though tight knit as those who are a part of Dominate Dominion can attest to).

This post is to raise awareness for all players that Dominion has been waiting for two years now to get ranked, that shortly after the launch Dominion quickly fell into a state of neglect and broken promises.

I don't care if you play or even like Dominion and ask for everyone to look at the bigger picture and support their fellow fans of League of Legends. Please bump this thread and show support in hopes of getting Riot responses to this issue and some sort of concrete answer as to what the plan for Dominion is. Like it or not we all love this game and we all deserve to enjoy our preferred mode to the fullest.

Thank you for your time fellow summoners and to Riot (when and if you all reply to this).

See you on the Fields of Justice be it Summoners Rift, Twisted Treeline or the Crystal Scar!
I want ranked just as bad as any other Dominion player but i think im more realistic in i dont think there ready to turn it on key word is turn it on, it already has a tab for ranked, in Profile page and i really dont think it is the case of it being hard to implement, it might already be in the game, the problem is the way people play Dominion now is not how it would be if it were ranked, there not gonna be 3 adc and 2 apc your gonna see the same lineup of picks and i think Riot wants to make sure the mode is more balanced, there just some champions u dont use in Dominion and i think thats the biggest problem.

Camsaiga

03-18-2013

The same could be said of SR though to be fair, watch the LCS and MLG, most of the same bans and picks throughout.

The inverse applies to TT which has the worst balance and most limited team comps of all the maps.

Also it has been two years, we have gone through various Metas and we have the same broken champs (kassadin) with no real balancing done to Dominion outside the more recent pre season changes before Nome left us.

Ranked could fail same as Draft mode is dead or it could flourish or even be the same as things are now, I am ok with all of them because we were at least given the chance of ranked, the equality of ranked and player rewards.

Balance on a true level will never happen, this is why we have constant balance patches, at some point you just need to flip the switch and let things begin to work themselves out.

Warmeat

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsaiga View Post
The same could be said of SR though to be fair, watch the LCS and MLG, most of the same bans and picks throughout.

The inverse applies to TT which has the worst balance and most limited team comps of all the maps.

Also it has been two years, we have gone through various Metas and we have the same broken champs (kassadin) with no real balancing done to Dominion outside the more recent pre season changes before Nome left us.

Ranked could fail same as Draft mode is dead or it could flourish or even be the same as things are now, I am ok with all of them because we were at least given the chance of ranked, the equality of ranked and player rewards.

Balance on a true level will never happen, this is why we have constant balance patches, at some point you just need to flip the switch and let things begin to work themselves out.
Im just not worrying about it anymore, waste of time and breath i think it will happen, maybe there using it as a last resort when 5v5 sr starts becoming old and bland to alot of players ranked will come out for Dominion. Stir the interest!

I do think it will happen and like i said they could be saving it for DOTA2 release or blizzard DOTA(allstars) release. right when some players might leave there find a way to bring us back, making money 101

David12596

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmeat View Post
I want ranked just as bad as any other Dominion player but i think im more realistic in i dont think there ready to turn it on key word is turn it on, it already has a tab for ranked, in Profile page and i really dont think it is the case of it being hard to implement, it might already be in the game, the problem is the way people play Dominion now is not how it would be if it were ranked, there not gonna be 3 adc and 2 apc your gonna see the same lineup of picks and i think Riot wants to make sure the mode is more balanced, there just some champions u dont use in Dominion and i think thats the biggest problem.
In my opinion, Dom offers a hell of a lot more combination of roles in a comp then in SR. There really is no set and stone omg if we don't have X tanks, assasins, ADs, APs, etc i am going to rage mentality.

Foxley

03-18-2013

The main thing I'm wondering is how big of a draw non-standard game modes will be if Valve implements them permanently (they did temporary Halloween and Christmas game modes) into Dota 2, and if it'll put a rocket under Riot's butt to get something done about Dominion, or possibly develop more game modes.

trustmeimdoctor

03-19-2013

bump

Waterd

03-21-2013

I refuse this thread to be second page