Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New AFK Behavior In Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GBFerguson

03-19-2013

Quote:
boourns:
I just want to give rjcombo a great big hug right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F5sAGYox6Y

SpadeCA

03-19-2013

Quote:
Renellius:
You need to make it so that it also happens if you don't select a champion to ban.
Up vote so someone important can see?

No. Some people actually dont use their 3rd ban to bait the team into a pick a champ that they can counter. It supplements mind games.

Komeiji Koishi

03-19-2013

Quote:
SpadeCA:
No. Some people actually dont use their 3rd ban to bait the team into a pick a champ that they can counter. It supplements mind games.

If only people would learn to do this more instead of mindlessly banning Shen/Blitz/whathaveyou. I do this (or even ban unpopular champs like Heimer) most times when enemy team jumps the gun and picks Malphite so I can counter him.

Numot

03-19-2013

Quote:
thepantsparty:
Can you please explain why randoming when playing ranked is an acceptable thing? The mantra of "don't be a jerk" seems to be in stark contrast with randomly selecting a champion that 1) you might not be any good at or 2) doesn't fit with the rest of the team's comp at all.

It is a effective and non toxic counter to someone being a jerk in champ select. It your "that sh it don't fly here" button. Just because you get a random champ and play chicken with a toxic player does not mean you do not be a postive player on your team and play to win. After all you should random every once in a well, you might just find yourself a new main that you would have never played overwise. Like my Lulu. Randomed to deal with a toxic player in lobby, he called my bluff and played chicken, but I was not bluffing. Oddly enough my Lulu, which I had never used before, is what won us the game.

TheBadness

03-20-2013

good.

except now you'll get a bunch of whiny kids complaining about how they lagged during champ select and dc'd resulting in losing lp.

Vinh C H E

03-20-2013

Quote:
TheBadness:
good.

except now you'll get a bunch of whiny kids complaining about how they lagged during champ select and dc'd resulting in losing lp.

If they can't even choose the champion they want to play, how can they perform good in the match.

Baneson

03-20-2013

I'm a little confused. Riot removed the random select at timeout and installed a Random button. Wondering why? I thought the point of this was to not allow random selecting of champions during match made games. Maybe I'm just missing something here or not understanding the intent.

Also, does hitting the Random button lock in your randomized pick? Or can you spam it?

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

03-22-2013

This truly is a good feature
Thank you guys for the hard work...

Delvan Krall

03-22-2013

I have a serious concern, one that came up thanks to my roommate, who also plays. This new feature could be abused by people who want to mess up people's games. Though the built-in five to fifteen minute delay may help deter some trolls, some may still do it anyway. Will this feature be tracked by Leaver Buster? If not, can it*?

I believe it already is, based on this description (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Leaver_Buster), but can you confirm this for us?

* - To a lesser degree than leaving an active game, of course.

Kelberry

03-23-2013

Why'd this feature take so long to get implemented? Seems so obvious that it should have been implemented in the first place.