Vlad builds ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anruiel

03-18-2013

I am starting a ranked team with my friends and I have been chosen to be mid lane and I like vlad but I need a good build

Thanks for your help

ROKAF JE

03-18-2013

As with any champion, builds are always situational, but here are my limited notes:

15-40% CDR Vlad is best Vlad

With a Void Staff for late game damage, Rabadons for late game scaling, Rylais for Utility/Passive, and WOTA for Utility/Survivability.

I would call Zhonya's situational, sometimes you just don't need it, but it's never a "bad" purchase.
Guardian Angel, Liandry's Torment/Haunting Guise, Abyssal Scepter and Spirit Visage are also good purchases as well.
Never underestimate the staying power of a Visage/WOTA/Lucidity (If not buying blue pot/getting blue buff/using 9/0/21) Vladimir, though... It's ridiculous.
I prefer to avoid Liandry's and Visage alot of the time, opting for CDR boots and other damage items (CDR boots make Voidstaff 100% mandatory, though)

I prefer to play him 9/21/0 against most matchups, I don't like 9/0/21 on him, and 21/9/0 is my secondary choice.

Sorry for the lack of direction and clarity, but Vlad is all over the place in terms of builds/runes/masteries.
You'd probably need 5 runepages and 3 or more mastery pages just to get the most out of him in every situation.

Zeff520

03-18-2013

Oh man, you can go lots of ways with Vlad. Things that are good on Vlad: Health, AP, Vamp, Pen, CDR.

Buying AP does better with his passive than buying health does math wise. Vamp is great but one WotA, and if you want, some quints are just dandy on him, you don't need to do anything more than that. CDR is my personal favorite, and pen I take care of with a mixed item and runes.

My normal game consists of:

Runes: pen marks, AP seals and glyphs (pen boots & cdr runes vs cdr boots & pen marks: the cdr boots and pen marks are more efficient), and vamp quints

Masteries I take: 9-0-21.

Items I mainly take: WotA first item, lucidity boots, liandry's for health/AP/pen, rylais health/AP, deathfire AP/CDR, rabs AP. I also sometimes take Zhonya's because of a nice trick, but thats only if you have lots of CDR and get targeted. If I do that I do it instead of rylais. Abyssal scepter is also a good replacement to liandry's, and if they have >80 mag res on 3+ people I take void staff instead of liandry's. I like liandry's because the burn is nice as well as the triple stats instead of just the two.

Anruiel

03-18-2013

Thanks for the help

McFace

03-18-2013

I go 9-21-0 on the masteries. Not into utility at all because you don't need the mana regen.

Something to consider as your first defensive item: Warmogs.

He uses it better then any other AP caster because of his passive. I've used it to great success. But you can go rylais for the health as well. I go warmogs generally because you get the slow when you pool into a team fight (part of your ult --> pool combo into a group of enemies).

Zeff520

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFace View Post
I go 9-21-0 on the masteries. Not into utility at all because you don't need the mana regen.

Something to consider as your first defensive item: Warmogs.

He uses it better then any other AP caster because of his passive. I've used it to great success. But you can go rylais for the health as well. I go warmogs generally because you get the slow when you pool into a team fight (part of your ult --> pool combo into a group of enemies).
Well, I don't grab anything mana related in utility. I grab the gold, the spellvamp, the CDR, and the MS. Tank Vlad is all right but you're really missing out on a lot of damage potential that way. AP gives more bonus health by a lot than health to bonus AP, so you will have 700+ health from your passive late game. If you buy rylais you also get the slow, and considering his only other slow is his escape that is super helpful. I used to do what you do but I have found that AP/CDR is much better. You do some insane damage, with 700AP and full stacks of tides of blood you walk into a fight, ult, EQ for 800 damage to all and 600 to one, W, EQ again and its crazy. Much more efficient than tanking, and the damage from the EQ is way more than your W.

The Hunter 6425

04-04-2013

I play vladimir ANOTHER way. I play vlad mid, as he's tankier than basically every mage with a practical build. I go 21/9/0, core of the build I use is : Lucidity boots, revolver, and zhonya's. Here's the link to the build I use:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ir-build-guide

The heal is weird, but I've found it works well. This is a very well-written guide imo. Have fun with Vlad.