Kayle:Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DPS Konnex

03-18-2013

Okay, I use Kayle alot, almost in every match. I have a build I go by:
Boots of Speed (Final: Boots of Lucidity)
Malady
Nashers Tooth
Zephyr
Guardian Angel
RabonsDeathCap/Wits End ( If the game goes this long)

My Level up goes like this:
E,Q,E,Q,W,R,E,Q,E,Q,E,R,Q,W,W,R,W,W

Anyways, I normally go mid or top and I really do enjoy this champ but I've got lane "poke" problems. Certain champs like Rumble, Teemo, and other's close to that type push me off my farm. I try to poke back but its not strong enouph.
Any tips regaurding Kayle would be great, Maybe some tweaks to the build or lane tips?

M3GaL0d0n

03-18-2013

Rageblade is still powerful on Kayle, I don't know why people don't use it as often. That is my only build tip for you, work in a Rageblade at some point and you'll see some general improvements.

As for "Poking," the word I think you really want is "Trading." Rumble and Teemo are bullies, they're designed to out damage enemies in lane by dealing stupid amounts of damage up front and then leaving their enemies disabled before they can retaliate. Kayle herself also deals very high damage, along with her heal she can trade very effectively with most enemies. Simply hit an enemy with Reckoning and a few auto attacks while they're slowed and then heal off the damage you sustained with potions. You opponent will do the same, the goal here is to deal more damage to them then they deal to you. This is hard with Teemo since his blind makes it difficult to damage him with auto attacks, but just be aware of the cooldown. Kite with your slow when he is attacking, and counter-attack when he is vulnerable. Same with any other champion in the game. You will get better at laning with practice as you learn to understand how much damage you deal, as well as how much various enemies will deal.

Lord Puppy Fury

03-18-2013

Nashor's Tooth is the only staple item on Kayle. Other than that, build whatever you want/need for the game at hand. Literally. There are no truly bad items for Kayle. Versus AP? Get a Hexdrinker -> Maw. Yes, you can do this even on an "AP" mid Kayle. Need health? Get a Rylai's. Need more health than a Rylai's but still need a slow? Get a Frozen Mallet. Need early health and mana to spam your heal? Get a Catalyst -> RoA. Get a Liandry's. Liandry's is awesome, period. Enemy team has duo AP? Get an Abyssal.

I'm fond of Flask starts so, depending on the lane I'm in, in some games I've delayed putting a point in my W until level 13. Usually I don't level it until level 7 unless I need it early. I'll generally stick a second point in E somewhere early just to help with last hitting but otherwise you want to max Q first.

Don't build boots of Lucidity. Kayle uses either Zerkers for more of an AS fighter Kayle or Sorcs for more of a nuker Kayle.

Kayle CSes well under tower so as long as you can do that you're fine against heavy pushers. As for lane bullies, punish someone with a Q every time they harass you. Yes, you have to have decent reflexes to catch Teemo's yordle butt, but you can do it. In fact, almost every time Q is off cool down you should harass your lane opponent with in anyways provided they're melee or short ranged and easily harass-able. With a flask, E and one Q per "E cycle" won't deplete your mana bar. Finally, Kayle purees minions so quickly that you can always push your lane and then just go take wraiths or wolves. She's also an excellent roamer and tower-diver post-6 so feel free to shove the lane and go make plays elsewhere.

DPS Konnex

03-21-2013

I tryed building some of the items above, I have a problem with tanks in top lane alot, any tips for that? (Tanks such as Voli, Shen, and Vi)
Also about level 1-7 my Q does almost no damage :/

toasteros

03-21-2013

Q scales off of AD really well. I usually build Nashors then Rageblade and Gunblade. The spell and lifesteal really help your sustain.

I normally Q then E and slap them a few times. Against voli, try to get his passive to proc early, then you have 2 minutes to try and kill him.

DPS Konnex

03-22-2013

Okay, what about Shen and Vi?