Petition for one more chance for all!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dead Mans Chest

03-18-2013

With this new chat system and the punishments released in this patch.. i think that us perma banned players should be given another chance. I say specifically because i submitted a ticket to riot after i was banned for the 2nd time (7 days) asking them to disable my chat in game because i was always being baited into raging etc. Was i in the right, most likely... should i have been raging no...

but i think i should get another chance with my account being perm muted or something... i mean i have over 3k games played and over $500 in skins alone(not including pax twisted fate). If they had this mute punishment before i would never have been banned...

RayneAU

03-18-2013

no just no
you had your chance

SweatyWolverine

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Mans Chest View Post
With this new chat system and the punishments released in this patch.. i think that us perma banned players should be given another chance. I say specifically because i submitted a ticket to riot after i was banned for the 2nd time (7 days) asking them to disable my chat in game because i was always being baited into raging etc. Was i in the right, most likely... should i have been raging no...

but i think i should get another chance with my account being perm muted or something... i mean i have over 3k games played and over $500 in skins alone(not including pax twisted fate). If they had this mute punishment before i would never have been banned...
It would make sense for Riot to do this. They are already past the denial phase and acknowledging that the tribunal was a terrible flawed system. Wouldn't hurt to unban accounts banned by the tribunal and test out their new system.

PrivateBaldric

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyWolverine View Post
It would make sense for Riot to do this. They are already past the denial phase and acknowledging that the tribunal was a terrible flawed system. Wouldn't hurt to unban accounts banned by the tribunal and test out their new system.
They acknowledged it needed an adjustment. I do not recall them ever using the words terrible and flawed. Don't project. They also said they had no intention of reversing any current bans with the introduction of this system.

Can't hurt to ask though. I would advise going in with low expectations.

Calys Teneb

03-18-2013

Quote:
Wrong. They have never stated that the Tribunal is a flawed system. They have always believed that permabans were not the way to discourage people from continuing to play the game after the permaban is issued.

Lyte has already stated two things in the thread discussing the new chat system.
1) No permabans will be revoked.
2) The system is experimental and may not be a permanent solution, simply one they want to explore.

YueienGato

03-18-2013

Quote:
Lyte on the question of reversals: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...22670#34922670

Quote:
No. We are not making any exceptions on this. Any accounts that were banned in the current system will remain banned.

This is not 'deciding that the old system is ineffective,' we are just iterating and constantly working to improve how we address player behavior in League of Legends--this doesn't remove any of the negative experiences you have created for other players in the past.
/counterargument

Calys Teneb

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
Lyte on the question of reversals: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...22670#34922670

/counterargument
Also this, from the same thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
No. We will not be offering permabanned players a chance to come back because of this feature.

Elanorien

03-18-2013

What gets me is that the Permabanned people who want another chance are forgetting the fact they were given at least 4 chances before being Perma'd (except for those really special cases). Those Warnings and Time Bans WERE your chances. I think Team PBJ is making the right call in not revoking current Permas.

And thanks for the link, YueienGato, I haven't read that thread yet. I love how Lyte and his team constantly work to reinvent the approach to online gaming behavior, I hope other companies start to follow their lead.

YueienGato

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
What gets me is that the Permabanned people who want another chance are forgetting the fact they were given at least 4 chances before being Perma'd (except for those really special cases). Those Warnings and Time Bans WERE your chances. I think Team PBJ is making the right call in not revoking current Permas.

And thanks for the link, YueienGato, I haven't read that thread yet. I love how Lyte and his team constantly work to reinvent the approach to online gaming behavior, I hope other companies start to follow their lead.
NP, I've been keeping an eye on this for a colleague of mine who does not play LoL. He is researching different methods for controlling online gaming-related behaviour for gambling addiction. While this is not necessarily a direct correlation, it does potentially offer minute methods of controlling access or reshaping how stimuli is received by the person. Looking forewords to seeing how this works.

Sword of Eris

03-18-2013

This will indeed be interesting to see.