The new chat restriction @riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trashcanx

03-18-2013

So i read about it on the patch notes today, and it sounds like a fantastic idea. I do, however have a question.

Will this be replacing the tribunal permanently? Or just be an alternative form of punishment?

Example: PlayerMan curses his entire team out, racial slurs, harassment, death threats, etc. Will this player simply get the chat restriction, or a suspension.

PlayerWoman occasionally calls her teamates bad, nothing vulgar, just "you suck." Will this player be sent to the tribunal for suspension or chat restriction.

Thankyou for your response.

YueienGato

03-18-2013

Answers have already been given on the PBE forums.

It will only be used, as they suggested, with chat related violations. Non-chat violations and prolong staysin chat restriction may warrant perma bamps still.

Trashcanx

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
Answers have already been given on the PBE forums.

It will only be used, as they suggested, with chat related violations. Non-chat violations and prolong staysin chat restriction may warrant perma bamps still.
Thanks, i usually dont go on the PBE or its forums =/. I think that they are taking the tribunal to a great place with this change, i am very happy to see this happen.

YueienGato

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboslayer View Post
Thanks, i usually dont go on the PBE or its forums =/. I think that they are taking the tribunal to a great place with this change, i am very happy to see this happen.
I have a post that has collected relevant aspects of this here. Check it out: from conception to push with some other info on the philosophical shift with Lyte focusing more on reform than purely on punish.

Trashcanx

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
I have a post that has collected relevant aspects of this here. Check it out: from conception to push with some other info on the philosophical shift with Lyte focusing more on reform than purely on punish.
i glanced through your post a little bit, but as ive been pushing with my aggressive forum posts lately, i am very excited to see that what is happening is something similar to what i asked for. 100% sure they didnt do it because of me though, but ive been pushing for lower punishments for the minor cases. I also want higher punishments for major cases, but they may get there in the future.