Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric nerfs necessary?

Of course! He's too OP! 43 46.74%
Idk man/dk much about him 4 4.35%
No! Nerfs totally not needed! 45 48.91%
Voters 92 .

Taric nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barcster

03-21-2013

Quote:
deirin:
dude its a HUGE NERF... 1.2 sec instead of 2 he had...
it means that untill ... lvl lets see...10? he'll have 1.2 sec stun instead of 2 sec he had...
which is completelly ridiculous...since it kill his early game
in some case he wont even have the time to run to his stunned target...

i think imma learn armor sona and tresh...gg taric...

I agree its a nerf. Also I believe it was 1.5 sec wasn't it? Anyways my point was if riot just had to have the nerfs early on at least make the late game use of that skill more worth it. And I agree his stun has severely crippled they said it was to make it a choice but just nerfing the heck out of it doesn't make it a choice its a worse skill that just got less likely to be picked.

But yeah they should repeal the most recent nerf to shatter/Dazzle.

deirin

03-21-2013

Quote:
Barcster:
I agree its a nerf. Also I believe it was 1.5 sec wasn't it? Anyways my point was if riot just had to have the nerfs early on at least make the late game use of that skill more worth it. And I agree his stun has severely crippled they said it was to make it a choice but just nerfing the heck out of it doesn't make it a choice its a worse skill that just got less likely to be picked.

But yeah they should repeal the most recent nerf to shatter/Dazzle.

pretty sure it was 1 sec close- 2 sec far way to 1.5 sec to 1.2 sec

Barcster

03-22-2013

Quote:
deirin:
pretty sure it was 1 sec close- 2 sec far way to 1.5 sec to 1.2 sec

Taric is not worth playing anymore they need to revert the most recent nerfs to the W and E. I'm guessing this wasn't playtested because now he's a support who can't do anything anymore. He's not even viable as anything anymore not even as support because his E got nerfed its now nerfed for his ally as well. Trying to go Manamune and attack speed was useless because the early game pressure is gone and now enemies just curbstomp taric late game since they got farmed from all the early game taric sucked at.

InstaLife

03-22-2013

Not needed.

Oh, and I thought, Riot already nerfed him?

Macintosh3D

03-22-2013

Yeah Taric sucks now and a big problem is that he's mana hungry. Even blue buff cannot sustain your mana if you spam your q and w on jungle creeps. As a support he doesn't provide as much late game and early game he is similar in strength now to other supports. Taric top is hard because he has mana problems and has no escape and is well outdamaged by other top laners.

Peligrad

03-22-2013

Taric might be ok as a top or jungler, but he's a horrid support now. Not sure if Riot intended to change his role...

It's a bit frustrating, I think, I'm not going to say that Taric was OP, but he had a phase of the game where he was too strong (and then fell off). I don't see why that was a problem... there are lots of champions with strong phases of their game. It just happened that Taric was strongest in the point of the game where you could potentially really feed your ADC, which was a pretty strong advantage. It would of been easy to shift that power to a different point in the game with little change to his over all play. Not sure why they didn't just do that. I would of made his aura scale with level and rank to provide say 40 armor to his team at level 18 but only 20 at level 9 with rank 5. That would of taken care of his power spike at 9 but made him scale better late game...apparently I'm just a lot more clever than Riot... or efficient...not sure which...

Now Taric support is useless all game long.

His jungle was pretty OP last patch and his top was niche, but situationally strong. After this patch I think his jungle will be "ok" still and his top will be fairly weak. But his support is going to be bad from here on out.

Barcster

03-22-2013

Quote:
Peligrad:
Taric might be ok as a top or jungler, but he's a horrid support now. Not sure if Riot intended to change his role...

It's a bit frustrating, I think, I'm not going to say that Taric was OP, but he had a phase of the game where he was too strong (and then fell off). I don't see why that was a problem... there are lots of champions with strong phases of their game. It just happened that Taric was strongest in the point of the game where you could potentially really feed your ADC, which was a pretty strong advantage. It would of been easy to shift that power to a different point in the game with little change to his over all play. Not sure why they didn't just do that. I would of made his aura scale with level and rank to provide say 40 armor to his team at level 18 but only 20 at level 9 with rank 5. That would of taken care of his power spike at 9 but made him scale better late game...apparently I'm just a lot more clever than Riot... or efficient...not sure which...

Now Taric support is useless all game long.

His jungle was pretty OP last patch and his top was niche, but situationally strong. After this patch I think his jungle will be "ok" still and his top will be fairly weak. But his support is going to be bad from here on out.

He wasn't OP. Yeah he had a bit of laning strength but really he's completely bad in the end game. Its even worse if you take their suggestion of putting more points into dazzle because at that point all you can do is stun and its worse than before till it doesn't matter anymore that you got .1 sec. Jungle he will not really be okay either because he's so slow people will just run since dazzle got nerfed you can't catch up anymore. If you put your points into stun your enemies just gained that much more safety since you can't heal your ally or damage the opponent. Basically tarics opponents can kill him and his laning partner that much easier while not being worried about any sort of counter attack.

Galgus

03-22-2013

Quote:
Macintosh3D:
As u guys are voting I want to give my side of the story. Sure taric is very strong in lane but that's it. In mid and late game teamfights he offers way less than other supports. He doesn't have strong disengage like Janna. He doesn't have strong initiate or follow-up initiation like alistar, sona and Zyra. With only 1 stun and a heal both with long cool down he can't protect carries as well as alistar and Leona. He doesn't give have as much sustain as Soraka in mid and late game. Pretty much the only thing that Taric offers that others supports doesn't in mid and late game is an armor buff, which already been nerfed in the recent 2 patches. So therefore he's rewarded with a strong laning phase! Kind of like Leblanc who dominates lane but falls when teamfights come around. Plz guys show Taric some love!

I'd say the armor buff is a design flaw.

I'd much rather be shut down by an active skill cast that I can avoid by going in when its down then getting countered with no counterplay.

He's pretty decent as a Bruiser, but how strong are you wanting passive auras to be in team-fights?

Barcster

03-22-2013

Quote:
Galgus:

I'd much rather be shut down by an active skill cast that I can avoid by going in when its down then getting countered with no counterplay.

He's pretty decent as a Bruiser, but how strong are you wanting passive auras to be in team-fights?

Its not just the aura's maybe you were thinking the patch before this newest one. It's the fact that now he has gimped aura, gimped damage, gimped stun and is still bad on mana unless you go a max mana build. If anything it just made taric's counterplay options trash. Taric gets wrecked now and there's nothing he can do about it. People do not fear Taric in lane anymore and since they don't they can snowball like crazy on him. I know people are saying oh that the dazzle duration doesn't matter but its like giving the enemy more than half a merc treads till late game and it has cost me deaths and kills. On top of any tenacity they have even if all you did was max dazzle it still takes till after your ult to get back to its original duration and that skill was so bad people never took it past level 1 to begin with. That's not a choice that's a hey we made this skill a forced one and its so bad you'll just die more. Either way they need to rebalance more because Taric is now UP to the point its not even worth playing him anymore and he's my favorite champ.

Macintosh3D

03-22-2013

Quote:
Galgus:

Passive auras in teamfights are needed but Taric's armor aura has been nerfed. It is now 12% of his armor I think. If you play support Taric assuming you have no runes, masteries and build no extra armor. At lv 18 he will have 104 armor, meaning his allies get about 12.6 armor as an aura. Even Soraka's passive can provide 16 magic resist and is avalible at lv 1. Even sona can provide more armor than that with the persistent aura of Aria of perseverance. He's tanky right? But alistar is even more tankier and has 2 ccs. He's good as a brusier but he's very mana hungry early and outdamaged by many other popular brusiers at top lane. In jungle he is one of the most blue dependent champions, has an average jungle clear time and has average level ganks. Now they made Taric outclassed my many supports but yet weaker than many brusiers and junglers as well.