Taric nerfs necessary?

Of course! He's too OP! 43 46.74%
Idk man/dk much about him 4 4.35%
No! Nerfs totally not needed! 45 48.91%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Taric nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

03-19-2013

He is far from OP and they just nerfed his shatter.

What you are seeing is the lack of viability in the Support class. Akali, Vi, Nid, and even Yi are all replacing the healer/cc passive support role.

Taric and Leona are the most viable Support classes. It's not that Taric is OP, it's that the rest of supports are UP. They are so passive they are almost useless.

Dark Nephthys

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macintosh3D View Post
And HOW is his late game potential good? Sona and Zyra just ults and 5 enemies are disable for a few second. Janna just ults and an unprepared team is saved from 5 incoming enemies. Lulu just ults the tank after a cc initiation and 4 enemies are knocked into the air. 5 teamates are low health after a team fight and when akali comes to clean up soraka just ults and akali ends up being "cleaned up". And tell me, can taric do ANYTHING even close to the above in his late/mid game? He has potential, its just bad compared to other supports.
We all know how good Taric's Early game is, so I won't bother going over that...Let's see how Taric is Mid/Late Game...

Has a Heal
Is very Tanky
Gives a Aura for Defenses
Shatters an enemie's Defense
Has a Stun
Gives team mates Aura AD/AP (Ult which actually is kind of low cooldown already)

Ok then let's say you compare it to I don't know..Zyra's Late Game...

Passive allows 1 attack after Death
Seeds is like a small 30 Second Ward
Has a Root
Built in Cooldown
Powerful Ult (That at times can be easy to get out if used at wrong Times.)

So using a champion that your saying is amazing late game (Zyra, Although she is) but when you compare what she has to what Taric has (and can have) then I don't see why your saying he has a bad late game. Zyra is soley relying on landing her Root and Ult, if you miss those, then your just some squishy champion with no actual damage. (Of course talking about Support Zyra. AP Zyra is a whole different story.)

And by the way, all those champions that you also said were only said for their ults, which is true...Sure they have good ults but really...outside their ults they don't offer much in team fights...Lulu is all about her Ult and Whismy, Support Janna honestly can only really save people. While Taric offers nice skills/Aura stats that will stay with them until he dies, and hey what do you know...He's a tank so that's not really easy to do. Taric might not have an amazing Mid/Late game...However, his Early game shuts down the enemy Adc super hard and then Taric can still be a nice reliable support into Mid/Late game. He's strong enough as he is, and that is also why he is played almost every game.

Barcster

03-19-2013

The nerfs to his Dazzle are ridiculous.1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6 means that its just a nerf till he ranks his stun 4 times. Yes those fractions of a sec might not seem like alot but that's 20% and requires level ups not to be terrible. Not having those fractions of a sec has gotten me killed, has kept me from getting kills and just lets people do whatever they want now there's nothing to fear from a stun. Even when you max it the fear is gone because now you can't do anything but stun and its not even a good stun when you max it. At least if it had a duration increase later it would be a thing to choose to get. As it is right now even maxing it makes it worse than stuns quite a few other champs start with. That's not a choice its just a nerfbat on an already average stun.

I have a few suggestions

1.2/1.35/1.5/1.65/1.8 sec on the stun then it would be and actual choice. Early game its weak and maxing it would make it pay off a bit. Making it an actual choice. As it is right now the earliest it can be back to normal is level 7.

If that's too much then go with perhaps 1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7 reducing the nerf early game a bit and giving a reason to rank it.

Even if you don't go with these I think that the duration needs to be 1.5 by rank 3. Otherwise its not a choice you can't really choose it if maxing it won't make it the same till after your ult.

Macintosh3D

03-20-2013

Yes the nerfs to his dazzle are hard. And his lv 1 w's after nerfed base damage is even lower than his lv 1 basic attack... At least give taric some late game strength Riot.

deirin

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcster View Post
The nerfs to his Dazzle are ridiculous.1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6 means that its just a nerf till he ranks his stun 4 times. Yes those fractions of a sec might not seem like alot but that's 20% and requires level ups not to be terrible. Not having those fractions of a sec has gotten me killed, has kept me from getting kills and just lets people do whatever they want now there's nothing to fear from a stun. Even when you max it the fear is gone because now you can't do anything but stun and its not even a good stun when you max it. At least if it had a duration increase later it would be a thing to choose to get. As it is right now even maxing it makes it worse than stuns quite a few other champs start with. That's not a choice its just a nerfbat on an already average stun.

I have a few suggestions

1.2/1.35/1.5/1.65/1.8 sec on the stun then it would be and actual choice. Early game its weak and maxing it would make it pay off a bit. Making it an actual choice. As it is right now the earliest it can be back to normal is level 7.

If that's too much then go with perhaps 1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7 reducing the nerf early game a bit and giving a reason to rank it.

Even if you don't go with these I think that the duration needs to be 1.5 by rank 3. Otherwise its not a choice you can't really choose it if maxing it won't make it the same till after your ult.
dude its a HUGE NERF... 1.2 sec instead of 2 he had...
it means that untill ... lvl lets see...10? he'll have 1.2 sec stun instead of 2 sec he had...
which is completelly ridiculous...since it kill his early game
in some case he wont even have the time to run to his stunned target...

i think imma learn armor sona and tresh...gg taric...

agbudar

03-20-2013

there is a reason he was number 1 and still is guys cmon...

not just because of an easy kit garen's kit is easier.

deirin

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbudar View Post
there is a reason he was number 1 and still is guys cmon...

not just because of an easy kit garen's kit is easier.
ok dude...feed a mid zyra...what will happen... ITS GG
feed a bot zyra.... SAME
feed a bot taric all u want 20/0/0 GUESS WHAT...ITS NOT GG...

+ its not like taric has 75% win rate he always had 50%...

u guys should learn what SUPPORT MEANS... SUPPPORRRRTTTT(STRONGER IN LANEEEEEEE)
weeeeeee

Macintosh3D

03-20-2013

His early game is now about equal with other supports after nerf and his late game is worse than other supports. I've never seen another Taric after his two nerfs that destroyed him.

deirin

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macintosh3D View Post
His early game is now about equal with other supports after nerf and his late game is worse than other supports. I've never seen another Taric after his two nerfs that destroyed him.
actually weakening support role actually put more mid pick bot lane...
making game snowball more...

sooo...idk why u guys are even complaining about taric being op, but w/e...ridiculous...

Macintosh3D

03-20-2013

I mean come on guys lets see it this way. He got 2 buffs to allies? Lulu got 3. He got a stun? Leona has 3. He has 1 heal? Soraka has 2 heals and can give mana. Can use Stun to protect adc from ganks? Ali got 2. Can deal damage with w? Sona can deal almost twice as much damage with a longer range. Used ult in team fight? Zyra ults teamfight gg. Can tank towers? Ali more defense and got ult can tank for longer.