Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric nerfs necessary?

Of course! He's too OP! 43 46.74%
Idk man/dk much about him 4 4.35%
No! Nerfs totally not needed! 45 48.91%
Voters 92 .

Taric nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macintosh3D

03-18-2013

Hi guys plz take a few seconds to be part of the poll.

Macintosh3D

03-18-2013

As u guys are voting I want to give my side of the story. Sure taric is very strong in lane but that's it. In mid and late game teamfights he offers way less than other supports. He doesn't have strong disengage like Janna. He doesn't have strong initiate or follow-up initiation like alistar, sona and Zyra. With only 1 stun and a heal both with long cool down he can't protect carries as well as alistar and Leona. He doesn't give have as much sustain as Soraka in mid and late game. Pretty much the only thing that Taric offers that others supports doesn't in mid and late game is an armor buff, which already been nerfed in the recent 2 patches. So therefore he's rewarded with a strong laning phase! Kind of like Leblanc who dominates lane but falls when teamfights come around. Plz guys show Taric some love!

Violle

03-18-2013

I play hybrid support/bruiser Taric. With his kit, it would be really limiting his potential to just say he's a support and not adventure into other roles Taric can play. If you know what you're doing with him, he can make a good jungler or top lane pick. If you're just going to play him as support, then yeah, he's going to fall short compared to Soraka's global heals or Janna's knockups. But there are always those people who can play him and leave the game getting kills that rival the ADC without KSing. So it really depends on how you play him.

Dark Nephthys

03-18-2013

It's funny, Your defending Taric from Nerfs and comparing his late game to Soraka...I'd much rather have the Stun, Heal + Aura Armor over Soraka's late game 2 heals (Although 1 being global but still) and a Silence. Not to mention Taric's Shatter and him being a tank as it is. I'm all for a Taric nerf honestly, he has a lot to offer as it is and there's not to many supports that can do well in Early, Mid and Late game. Sure theirs better supports for late game but with how easily he can shut down the enemy Early game, and then have a pretty decent Mid/Late game potential is insane.

Compare her to some one like Janna, which she's not all that good in Early game, but really shines late game in team fights...Or Soraka where her Early game Sustain is great but her late game is heal 2 times and silence/Q spam for minor damage...Besides, Taric is still nearly played every match because he still dominates bottom lane, I want him nerfed so I wouldn't have to see him bot lane like almost every game.

Macintosh3D

03-18-2013

Quote:
S4G Yubel:
It's funny, Your defending Taric from Nerfs and comparing his late game to Soraka...I'd much rather have the Stun, Heal + Aura Armor over Soraka's late game 2 heals (Although 1 being global but still) and a Silence. Not to mention Taric's Shatter and him being a tank as it is. I'm all for a Taric nerf honestly, he has a lot to offer as it is and there's not to many supports that can do well in Early, Mid and Late game. Sure theirs better supports for late game but with how easily he can shut down the enemy Early game, and then have a pretty decent Mid/Late game potential is insane.

Compare her to some one like Janna, which she's not all that good in Early game, but really shines late game in team fights...Or Soraka where her Early game Sustain is great but her late game is heal 2 times and silence/Q spam for minor damage...Besides, Taric is still nearly played every match because he still dominates bottom lane, I want him nerfed so I wouldn't have to see him bot lane like almost every game.

And HOW is his late game potential good? Sona and Zyra just ults and 5 enemies are disable for a few second. Janna just ults and an unprepared team is saved from 5 incoming enemies. Lulu just ults the tank after a cc initiation and 4 enemies are knocked into the air. 5 teamates are low health after a team fight and when akali comes to clean up soraka just ults and akali ends up being "cleaned up". And tell me, can taric do ANYTHING even close to the above in his late/mid game? He has potential, its just bad compared to other supports.

Violle

03-19-2013

I think if you see Taric labeled as support and only ever try to play him as a support, you really don't appreciate his kit as much as you could. Like I said, bruiser Taric, top lane Taric, even jungler Taric are all surprisingly valid roles he can play. If you compare him to other supports, you're going to notice he's 'different', because he is. He's a support that can actually hold his own in a 1v1 with his stuns and burst damage, whereas Soraka and Sona can't do nearly enough damage on their own to take on anybody other than another support.

And here's the thing; not every Champion has an astounding ult. Diana's ult is a single-target gap closer that she might be able to land twice if you can do a good combo with her, and it costs the least mana out of all her abilities. However, Taric's ult can do good burst damage, and if you happen to be playing support Taric, it's also an aura that boosts his, and surrounding allies AD and AP, which means harder hits from everybody on your team. It doesn't heal anybody, but that doesn't mean he isn't still supporting.

Either way, you don't seem to see the full potential Taric has. He's a unique support, and a lot of Taric players realize this. I suppose he does fall off a little late-game as a support, but he sure as hell can come back as a bruiser if you see past the 'support' label that Riot has pasted on his page.

Solihm

03-19-2013

Quote:
Macintosh3D:
5 teamates are low health after a team fight and when akali comes to clean up soraka just ults and akali ends up being "cleaned up".

taric stuns said akali. Akali ends up being "cleaned up." I do feel that taric has been hit a little hard but i also agree im sick of seeing him every game. I attribute that to the fact that the other supports have been hit just as hard which made him a more viable pick. For awhile all you saw was sona/ezreal lane combo until they both got the nerf hammer.

Macintosh3D

03-19-2013

Diana is an assassin, her job is to kill carries. Taric is a support, his job is to protect carries. Two totally different things.

Meritone

03-19-2013

He offers a ****load mid and late game, are you kidding me?!

A targeted stun is a targeted stun. It will save your adc all game long. His armor aura and AD and AP auras get BETTER as the game goes on.

Macintosh3D

03-19-2013

His armor buff is nerfed 2 times, Sion also has a targeted stun that's almost identical to Taric's