Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jarvan Nerf D;

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ladd 06

03-18-2013

I think this didn't hurt jarvin the reason hes "crazy" is his good damage and Apen while still being tanky and taking away some armor wont hurt you just build some yourself kind of like nidalee (tho i do think the nid nerf was too harsh)

ROKAF JE

03-18-2013

Quote:
GeneralDirection:
A sad day for Demacia indeed... but the prince won't go down without a fight! The loss of the extra armor component doesn't affect damage output and therefore won't hurt his jungle clear times, but he'll have to be a little more conscious of his HP if he wants to gank right after fighting a creep camp. In lane, the improvements to Aegis make the ability slightly more attractive, and in a pinch, the extra shielding could mean the difference between life and death.

This is pretty much bang on, I think his HP will be affected, potentially dangerously, throughout his early jungle clears. That remains to be seen, though. I haven't been on PBE.

I love J4 and always have, and I feel it hurts his top lane a bit, but not nearly enough to drop him out of the roster.
I do like the Aegis minor buff though. The base shield is decent, and the added bonus is nice.
The mana cost buff is the most attractive part about it. It's just a stupid mana sink in lane currently, and will rarely (never) get you anywhere over the extra burst from maxing R/Q/E/W in lane.

Sephrinx

03-18-2013

Nope, he is far too strong, and needs to be taken down a peg. Not that I don't enjoy J4, because he is cheap as fk and troll as hell to play, but damn. The armor just gives too much utility and I can see why they would remove it. Just as Lee's W got its armor taken away.

mk DILLY

03-20-2013

Quote:
Sephrinx:
Nope, he is far too strong, and needs to be taken down a peg. Not that I don't enjoy J4, because he is cheap as fk and troll as hell to play, but damn. The armor just gives too much utility and I can see why they would remove it. Just as Lee's W got its armor taken away.

First of all, I disagree. Jarvan was strong but not OP by any means. But regardless, the problem is out of everything they could have chosen to nerf Jarvan, taking away his armor buff was probably the worst. Why? Because it eliminates his viability in almost every role. All of a sudden he doesn't have enough sustain to jungle. You'll never see that rare Jarvan support anymore. He can still top lane, but the nerf made him so he can't stand up to a lot of the top lane bruisers. I just disagree with nerfs when they take away roles from a champion. I tried him today in the jungle and I had used almost all my pots in about half the time. I also had a hard time tanking any damage until I got some real defensive items. He just isn't a good choice for jungle anymore and that is a sad thing. They literally ruined him imo.

Lightschampion

04-29-2013

I too am of the opinion that he is overpowered. He has for too many buffs and passive damage that makes me rip my hair out whenever I see j4 jungle. Mobility boots and some cost efficient items like aegis, philo and locket and just camp the **** out of any lanes you see fit.

IamCaptainGinyu

04-29-2013

J4 needed a nerf, and the armor reduction was the best way to do that (nerfing his attack speed buff would have KILLED his jungling ability). Making him gank early now risks the other team getting a doublekill. You don't see J4 in every game anymore, which I think was the intent.

Drogmyre

04-29-2013

Honestly, J4 did need a nerf.

But i think Xin and Vi still need tweaking more. When Sej gets reworked she's going to be terrifying, i almost guarantee she's gonna get nerfed.

I think Riot needs to buff other junglers, particularly carry/farm junglers. Right now, i have no incentive to play warwick/nunu/nocturne over some dumb random **** like darius jungle, because tank jungle is so good right now.