How the hell did I get another ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gosuterran

03-18-2013

you know whats funny you all praise the tribunal system like its your lord and savior, but its severely ****ed up. no replays, but lets ban him for crying about ks it probably was justified? if you never tell someone theyre doing **** wrong theyll never learn.. starcraft 2 has successful team matchmaking with no tribunal and rarely ever instigating trolls that i had to deal with in these matches... lets review why: if league had no tribunal or atleast a server with no tribunal, there would be less trolling. why? most trolling begins with an instigator and then someone who returns feedback to the instigator, also called the 'player under review for ban.' on a game with no tribunal but still a mute option, people dont instigate cause others all call them out on it instantly and troll the living **** out of said instigator.. with no repercussions, deterring ppl from instigating bull**** in the first place... basically the community cuts out the trolling at its source because they have the ability to troll the living **** out of said person without any harm to their own account... in league, many times its the instigator who has been banned before and simply wants to get others banned so they say something they know will piss them off, they do get pissed off, and reported, banned by tribunal members who 'punish after reading 1/4 of the first game out of 5' sad, but true... i miss the days when ppl weren't just punishing or pardoning based off what the 'idiotic majority' will pick...

tldr; i come from the side of the internet where people have enough intelligence to not be babysat socially by their game provider, in turn, in any other game than league there is a tiny fraction of the amount of children/trolls partly due to the level of knowledge you would need to play a more hardcore game, and also the setup of no tribunal and a well made community that trolls the trollers

Sword of Eris

03-18-2013

Please review Summoner's Code. If you do not think it is reasonable, please visit your account settings and change where it says you do agree to it.

You have agreed to adhere to it with every patch you've downloaded.

You can see that your current behavior will result in escalating bans. If you wish to keep this account, please comply with the Summoner's Code as soon as you start your very next game.

Xeones

03-18-2013

I wasn't aware the "intelligent" side was the one that lets their opinions hold complete control of their actions and fall into an unbelievable rage at little to no provocation.

EvilToothpick

03-18-2013

at OP

SoccerMom20x6

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGiC Eris View Post
If games 1,2,3,4 OR 5 merit a punish vote, then you are indeed guilty. :/

A criminal isn't let off his charges b/c of there being a day when he broke no law.

Right because most people have never raged even once, right? You are all so perfect up there on your high horses, with wonderful lives and no reason to rage about stuff, huh? No compassion either I see.

Slapurfamily

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMom20x6 View Post
Right because most people have never raged even once, right? You are all so perfect up there on your high horses, with wonderful lives and no reason to rage about stuff, huh? No compassion either I see.
That's right. The overwhelming majority of us do not rage at our teammates, because it is absolutely useless, immature behavior, and we all agreed to act like adults before playing this game. Adults do not flame somebody for playing a computer game badly, but children often do. I don't care what "reasons" you think make it okay to break the Summoner's Code, but having a bad day at school, or getting dumped by your girlfriend, or even retaliating against a troll, are NOT valid reasons to fill team chat with profanity, insults and negativity.

And compassion? How about compassion for players who are less skilled than you? How about not accusing them of intentionally feeding after they lose their lane? Even if you're dealing with a troll, how about compassion for the other players on your team, who not only have to deal with a troll, but also have to listen to your ****? You don't want compassion, you want special treatment, to be handled with kid gloves while you abuse other people.

SoccerMom, you have another thread going where you complain about being banned in Tribunal, and accuse Riot of doing so to make you buy more RP, but here you are trying to justify this guy raging at his teammates with the old "Everyone else does it!" argument. Why do I think that you were banned for being toxic and obnoxious, and the fact that you bought RP that day was completely irrelevant? Heck, I bet you have a reform card, you just don't want people to see it.

King Igos du Ika

03-18-2013

For the op, I'm just beating a dead horse here, but this is how I judge the tribunal.

1) Look at how many cases there are. (your case, 5)
2) Read each case as an individual, stand alone report.
3) Go back and try to find which report went where in the game (Usually by chat or score)
4) Mark each case with either a punish or pardon.
5) Total the overall punish/pardons. (In your case, 5 punish - 0 pardon.)
6) Decide which has option has the majority (punish in your case)\
7) Click, rinse, repeat.

[removed because of my ignorance, got my poster mixed up]

SoccerMom20x6

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapurfamily View Post
That's right. The overwhelming majority of us do not rage at our teammates, because it is absolutely useless, immature behavior, and we all agreed to act like adults before playing this game. Adults do not flame somebody for playing a computer game badly, but children often do. I don't care what "reasons" you think make it okay to break the Summoner's Code, but having a bad day at school, or getting dumped by your girlfriend, or even retaliating against a troll, are NOT valid reasons to fill team chat with profanity, insults and negativity.

And compassion? How about compassion for players who are less skilled than you? How about not accusing them of intentionally feeding after they lose their lane? Even if you're dealing with a troll, how about compassion for the other players on your team, who not only have to deal with a troll, but also have to listen to your ****? You don't want compassion, you want special treatment, to be handled with kid gloves while you abuse other people.

SoccerMom, you have another thread going where you complain about being banned in Tribunal, and accuse Riot of doing so to make you buy more RP, but here you are trying to justify this guy raging at his teammates with the old "Everyone else does it!" argument. Why do I think that you were banned for being toxic and obnoxious, and the fact that you bought RP that day was completely irrelevant? Heck, I bet you have a reform card, you just don't want people to see it.
Okay, jackass...Have you ever considered that we adults might have real life ****ing problems? Like my mother committing suicide? Or how about my grandmother I had to put in a home less than a month ago (she raised me after my mother died). Many people rage for a reason, and you people here show no empathy towards them. And excuse me if I'm pretty pissed when I get home from a 11 hour day and want to enjoy a game of league, but I'm banned. I must be so childish and not an adult at all, since only children get upset about anything ever. Also, I've NEVER raged at a teammate unless they were talking **** to me and it got too much. I've only ever raged at the enemy team. Considering this is a competitive game, offensive **** talking shouldnt be a big deal. Isn't that what the mute button is for? Trolls/Feeders and the like, sure, I can see banning them. But banning people for a potty mouth? Come the **** on.

lmidorifeed

03-18-2013

Quote:
all u guys do is talk **** and correct sppunct that no sne cares about
Quote:
sppunct
You poor word.... mutilated so badly we cant even recognize you.

Xianio

03-18-2013

Quote:
Okay, jackass...Have you ever considered that we adults might have real life ****ing problems?....
As much as that sucks, ultimately just because you're in a ****ty situation doesn't mean that you get to bring your frustrations to the game and take them out on others. You might "only fight" with people who insult you first but you also force at least three others to watch their game fall apart because two people can't handle a bruised ego.

The only thing everyone in the game knows is that you're more interested in winning an argument than the match you and four others agreed to play. Because of that, you've been banned.

Take away? If you're the type of person that cannot separate real life from the internet, you shouldn't participate online while real life is kicking your ass.