The Tribunal is full of punish Spammers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WithMalice

03-18-2013

Am I the only one actually reading cases with a realistic feel for how the community at large acts? There is flaming and bashing and frivolous reports in the majority of games played at lower elos or in normal blind picks. It seems every time someone loses a game they seek to blame somebody and stick them with a report. Not only that, but in many cases the truly toxic player is the one DOING the reporting, eliciting an often toxic response back. Yes I agree, that sinking to that level is deplorable, BUT should we be banning players who are only toxic in response to a toxic player who is threatening a frivolous report?

In my justice review sheet not a single pardon was the majority opinion. (I pardon most and only punish those who are exceptional and deserving punishment). Yet not one of my pardon votes was EVER the majority opinion and every single punishment was the majority opinion... What gives Riot? Now, generally I pardon most cases that draw less than an average of 2 reports per game played, and scrutinize heavily those who average 2 or more. Am I too forgiving? Should I be considering the average LoL experience, or should I be using an objective standard of a reasonably polite stranger you might meet in passing? (The reasonable man legal test who, the court's have said; is quite boring). Am I too realistic or am I not being enough of an idealist?

Calys Teneb

03-18-2013

If Riot wanted only cases that had two or more reports to be considered valid punishments, don't you think they'd just simplify things and make sure that only cases with two or more reports went to the Tribunal anyways?

The number of reports per game doesn't matter. The player has been reported in a high percentage of their games to go to Tribunal. One report has the same weight as five reports as far as Riot is concerned.

Sword of Eris

03-18-2013

"Am I too realistic or am I not being enough of an idealist?"

When you start off with a thinly veiled insult, you show that you're not really too open to those whose opinion on this matter differs from yours. Don't ask a question unless you're prepared to NOT insinuate that those who disagree with you are already being insulted before they even have the chance to explain.

WithMalice

03-18-2013

So what you're saying is there is a presumption of guilt when a player gets to tribunal and therefore I should simply click punish because they have been reported a number of times? Also the incentive structure Riot has in place furthers that presumption of guilt because I want to "get it right" and reap higher rewards so I should just click punish and move on since that is what, clearly, everyone else is doing.

Dr Gankenstein

03-18-2013

Consider yourself lucky. I got qued with a 4 man, and since I didn't gank enough, they all copy-pasted that I said racist/homophobic remarks.

Funny, because when you look at the chat log I didn't say any of those things.

The lesson to learn here is that if you outnumber the people who you report (ie play in a group, random mass report), you win (and get rewarded for making up charges).

WithMalice

03-18-2013

I'm sorry, but playing a competitive game on the internet where you expect to not see a single curse word in the chat box is idealism.

Sword of Eris

03-18-2013

Read the Summoner's Code. This is what you, those in the reports, and all the rest of us agree to.

If the Summoner's Code is an unacceptable standard by which to play and judge, you should bring it up to Riot perhaps, so that they know the huge mistake they have made. Perhaps you seek to... enlighten Lyte?

Also, you should probably go into your account settings right about now and uncheck the box that signifies that you agree with the summoner's code.

Xeones

03-18-2013

The last few weeks I've seen cases that are clear cut punishes be pardons, and punishes that should be borderline be strong majority pardons.

Your argument holds no sway, pardon spammers are the ones active in NA.

magooomba

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithMalice View Post
So what you're saying is there is a presumption of guilt when a player gets to tribunal and therefore I should simply click punish because they have been reported a number of times? Also the incentive structure Riot has in place furthers that presumption of guilt because I want to "get it right" and reap higher rewards so I should just click punish and move on since that is what, clearly, everyone else is doing.
The Tribunal acts as a verification system to ensure that the thresholds required to reach it are actively filtering false reports and only passing through a certain percentage of "pardonable" cases. Riot could easily adjust those thresholds to create around a 50% punish rate, but doing so would affect system-wide accuracy. This doesn't mean presumptively all people are guilty as doing so completely disregards roughly 15% of cases, a sizable sample in any system.

Also, what "higher rewards" are voters supposedly "reaping" in your view? The only thing you get out of voting is a number correlated to community agreement with a particular case.

Wark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Would you mind posting a few cases that you pardoned so we have a better idea of what you see as acceptable?