Is there a 'League of Nice People Helping Others Play'?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cauliflower

03-18-2013

we could make the bots rage at each other in all chat. that'd prepare the newcomers for competitive play

ArcDriveFinish

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauliflower View Post
we could make the bots rage at each other in all chat. that'd prepare the newcomers for competitive play
That would be false though since intermediate bots are better than 80% of the players.

Gandr Adderbane

03-18-2013

Lower levels could really use more helpful players. I had no idea what I was doing when I started the game, and was rushing Catalyst on Ashe...I thought since the damage bar on the character description was high, I would have damage naturally.

GoddessShallah

03-18-2013

All the banned players make new ones and take out their anger on truly new players, which is sad, because new players are still learning. I don't know that there is much Riot can do about this, Toxic people want everyone else to be miserable too. I am glad I was a newb like many years ago :P

StompingOrphans

03-18-2013

Lowelo.com

StarSkull

03-19-2013

I'm pretty new but learning the ropes fast. Still lower level and playing bots, but I seem to be at the top of the stats each time, should I try intermediate?

I was bashed many times for not playing a lane a person wanted me to play or because I didn't jungle. Now I just ignore the chat half the time and don't even feed them more to bash me with. I've been playing Master Yi and doing very well. Found a good build and can fend off 2 bots alone in a lane. Considering it seems like every round 1-2 people quit and leave so it kinda makes the sides lopsided. Which is another reason why I want to move to intermediate, maybe they are more serious about play, wont leave, and know a build for the champ they are using.

Anywho. I know it will be even worse when I go ranked (when I do).

ImNotKarl

Recruiter

03-19-2013

My husband and I are constantly picking up players that need help or are at least trying. We get a few of our friends to make a full team around the newer player so we don't have to deal with toxic randoms in our team and we work on stuff. What's the point in winning if no one has fun? Anyone that isn't an ******* can add us and as long as they have a good attitude, we'll play with them, regardless of skill level.

bestwizudinURUPS

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSkull View Post
I'm pretty new but learning the ropes fast. Still lower level and playing bots, but I seem to be at the top of the stats each time, should I try intermediate?

I was bashed many times for not playing a lane a person wanted me to play or because I didn't jungle. Now I just ignore the chat half the time and don't even feed them more to bash me with. I've been playing Master Yi and doing very well. Found a good build and can fend off 2 bots alone in a lane. Considering it seems like every round 1-2 people quit and leave so it kinda makes the sides lopsided. Which is another reason why I want to move to intermediate, maybe they are more serious about play, wont leave, and know a build for the champ they are using.

Anywho. I know it will be even worse when I go ranked (when I do).
People in bot games are the nicest ones in the whole community. But, playing beginner bot games won't get you any better at the game, mostly because your opponents run away whenever you hit a couple abilities on them. That's not how it goes. I'd suggest finding a group of 2 or 3 other people to play with, and start playing PvP. If you just play bot games you'll have decent mechanics but no game knowledge.

7ithium

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcDriveFinish View Post
IMO it's because of the mentality where everyone tries to carry and thinks they are the only person capable of carrying.
yep

summoner's code

or as Jesus put it, love your neighbor as yourself

RAWRitsJ3zza

03-19-2013

Whilst i agree that others should help eachother out i struggle to see riot making a feature to do so. That's why it's up to us to do it ourselves, I personally am always happy to lend my knowledge if anyone needs it. I mainly play Mid or Support but am quite skilled at all roles and at least know the theories behind them. If anyone wants to add me feel free and i generally play after 4:00 pm in Australia (about 10-12pm for americans) so if you need any help give me a shout, i also have skype if you want to actually talk instead of just typing.
Hope i can help