Is there a 'League of Nice People Helping Others Play'?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeternum Avari

03-18-2013

Because if not, why not? Recently I went back to lower level League play to teach my friend 'how do thiiiingssss' and found out why LoL gets such a bad name player base-wise. Every game had a 'level 30' and by their attitudes I felt like this new account of theirs was a way against a negative attitude ban.

Anyway, my point is that league is a game of teamwork and it really doesn't feel like it at some points. I feel like we're missing something. I mean don't get me wrong I get that Riot has more important things to do than make 'Happy Good Feels Time!' but maybe we could still give some sort of 'learning corner' some thought? Honestly I'd be more than happy to help others; I have fun when others are having fun as well. I'm also a level 30 and I have no idea how to play mid or jungle, so I really wish I could just get someone to teach me rather than trial and error, bot games, and watching pros play (sure you can learn from pros, but a lot of the stuff they pull is probably not anywhere near my humble skill level)

Thoughts?

TL Deathwish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

There will always be that one person that is out there that will try to help you out. If you need help jungling add me in game and I will teach you. I'm not about that mid life doe. I know how to but someone else is probably a better fit

Aeternum Avari

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL Deathwish View Post
There will always be that one person that is out there that will try to help you out. If you need help jungling add me in game and I will teach you. I'm not about that mid life doe. I know how to but someone else is probably a better fit
Yeah! But it's a pity they're scattered all over League. There should be an in-game teacher/student search feature or something.
And thanks! I might take you up on that offer. I've tried ranked but I'm in Bronze 4 right now; i.e. I don't know enough champs and positions yet to actually pull myself out.

SpykeYin

03-18-2013

Totally agree here! When u make mistake, u will called NOOB. When u get a kill, that is KS. When ur opponent get fed, they will laugh at u. You want to play LOL? You need get use to this ASAP! My friend got invited by me and he's lvl 10. He think this game full of harassment!

TL Deathwish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

I just hit Bronze 1. You have to learn in order to get better, I've learned how to play every role by myself but its not that easy for everyone. I've pulled myself out of the so called "elo hell". I can help pull you out too if you want it. Just message me in game

Johnnoo

03-18-2013

You just have to take into account that not everyone is going to be nice and helpful in league games, as much as you would want them all to be; it's just not going to happen.
So don't take it too personally.

If you want though, I'd be happy to teach you mid tactics so you could add me if you want.

Zaphery

03-18-2013

I like the idea of a teacher/student search system. Maybe riot can implement a mentor kinda of system where others can help other people improve or get used to the game if they are new?

ArcDriveFinish

03-18-2013

IMO it's because of the mentality where everyone tries to carry and thinks they are the only person capable of carrying.

Zeff520

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcDriveFinish View Post
IMO it's because of the mentality where everyone tries to carry and thinks they are the only person capable of carrying.
SO TRUE. That's one of the reasons I like jungling, it teaches you to play for the team. Giving up buffs and kills when you gank teaches you a lot about playing as a team.

Axiom Prime

03-18-2013

There's a thread in New Player Forums called LoL University, I recommend you all check it out.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=123803

Good stuff in there and plenty of people to help.