Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


would account muting be a better punishment than permaban ?

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkstar1g

Senior Member

03-18-2013

lets say riot takes out bans and instead puts account muting wich scale by months with each offence 1-2-3-4 months long mutes up to 1 year but no more wouldnt this be better knowing that many people have put alot of money and time into there accounts ? because lets face it most of the bans are for things that happened in chat and not in-game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sona Swagbot

Senior Member

03-18-2013

take your enter key off your keyboard = instant mute

no need for Riot to intervene

Edit: OP, since you obviously downvoted me, please explain to me how my solution wouldn't work?
Clearly you're on a time out or a Junior Member wouldnt be on these forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keonyn

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Because if someone is angry and wants to troll and they can't voice their behavior then they will simply find another outlet which would, in all likelihood, be far more harmful than their angry chat spam would be. It's not just an issue of vocalization, but player behavior as a whole.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkstar1g

Senior Member

03-18-2013

most people get angry because of trolling in chat if you take that away he will simply put all is concentration into playing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Butterfly44

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Keonyn:
Because if someone is angry and wants to troll and they can't voice their behavior then they will simply find another outlet which would, in all likelihood, be far more harmful than their angry chat spam would be. It's not just an issue of vocalization, but player behavior as a whole.


I actually agree with this, i never thought of it this way. Granted the restricted chat option is still good, but now that i've read this i'm scared what kinda stuff is going to happen now so that players that have a trolling fetish can continue...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

Recruiter

03-18-2013

Quote:
Butterfly44:
I actually agree with this, i never thought of it this way. Granted the restricted chat option is still good, but now that i've read this i'm scared what kinda stuff is going to happen now so that players that have a trolling fetish can continue...


how is chat removal a good option?

Example:

Hey XXXX where you going to play?

XXXX No response

dude come on where are you going to play?

XXXX Still no response.

Damn it I was going to go there cus you said nothing.

In game:

Hey whats going on? Can you say something? Want blue? Can you guard dragon?

Now that person cant be helpful in his communication. Cant tell people when he needs to have his lane covered or ask for a gank.

Now the person can only do is spam pings. Good job. Now you got some angry child who cant voice his frustration just constantly dropping down pings or doing stupid stuff cus he is now angry he didnt get his way and cant voice it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Butterfly44

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Lord Ferret:
how is chat removal a good option?

Example:

Hey XXXX where you going to play?

XXXX No response

dude come on where are you going to play?

XXXX Still no response.

Damn it I was going to go there cus you said nothing.

In game:

Hey whats going on? Can you say something? Want blue? Can you guard dragon?

Now that person cant be helpful in his communication. Cant tell people when he needs to have his lane covered or ask for a gank.

Now the person can only do is spam pings. Good job. Now you got some angry child who cant voice his frustration just constantly dropping down pings or doing stupid stuff cus he is now angry he didnt get his way and cant voice it.


Sorry, I should have clarified my post better. I meant in theory it is a good idea, remove the verbal abuse aspect of things. But with the point brought up by Keonyn I'm not so sure on the chat removal thing anymore. Like he said, people who generally troll in chat will find new avenues to express their trolling. The people that generally work as a team and are relatively pleasant, which makes up for the majority of this community but i can see how it could turn into a major problem


1