Support Role and "my" Thoughts.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deirin

03-18-2013

support are there because there is only enought cs in bot lane for 1 carry...

that being said, 2 bruiser that get 10 kill bot lane>cs

of course, it doesnt work so well on pro player...

Amedaius

03-18-2013

I got leona early yesterday and have played pretty much solid support since then, with only one or two adc picks if another person on my team REALLY wants to support. It's like a whole new game. I have yet to lose a single game where I support as leona, even when my laning partner is new or bad. My carries generally start getting triples and quadras mid game (one I just finished he got a penta at 12), you gotta realize as a support that part of those kills is all you. That being said, this is a game. If support isn't fun, then don't play it.

A good support can turn a game around. Its giving a single person a whole lanes worth of kills and cs and only taking a little exp as payment.

Foolamancer

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirin View Post
that being said, 2 bruiser that get 10 kill bot lane>cs

of course, it doesnt work so well on pro player...
Or any player who isn't brain-dead, really.

ArcDriveFinish

03-18-2013

That's because you aren't playing support correctly. Supports aren't bushwards, nor are they healbots.

bestwizudinURUPS

03-19-2013

Support is boring to me. That's all

Elsabet

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeshake View Post
Sitting in bushes and zoning for half the match will never be fun, as useful as it may be. I'm not saying supports arent useful, what I'm saying is that the role lacks interactive gameplay.
Spoken like a non-support player.

Elsabet

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwizudinURUPS View Post
Support is boring to me. That's all
Know what's arguably much more boring than support? Watching minion health bars get slowly chunked down by your minions, waiting for your opportunity to... auto-attack!

Which is more exciting: babysitting or being babysat?

Nakawaka

03-19-2013

When some guy from mid or jungle trolls over to bot you have a real party, being normally the only duo lane in the game. Part of being support is that every ADC partner you get brings surprises.

HalcyonicHS

03-19-2013

Oh hell no, support is too much fun.

Foolamancer posted most of the rebuttals, so I'll just take one champion as an example - Soraka.

Soraka is probably one of the most interesting experiences you'll have with support, because a Soraka bot play depends greatly on the adc's skill level. Yes, many people complain Soraka turns things into a farm lane, but it does not have to be that way.

I had a game where my partner twitch simply raped the lane spamming his skills nonstop while I just sat there in the middle of the lane, with the free infinite sustain that Soraka is famous for, of course. I was laughing so hard, and it was quite the entertaining experience.

Of course, we also cannot forget that when we have Soraka, we have baiting. Take Heal instead of Exhaust, and watch as you bait them over and over again, with three heals in hand. Four, if you take Mikael's Crucible. This way, you can win the lane just by aa'ing and walking around all over the place. Utilize the bushes for maximum effect and start rolling.

There are plenty of things supports can do, and have fun with it. You just have to try new things, honestly.

PikaRioCed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Yes, a good Soraka is aggressive indeed.

I am very satisfied with the support role, especially in S3, with the new items and higher gold gain. The sightstone & changed locket are wonderful as well.

<- mainly supports