Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zac: Problems and solutions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcide

03-18-2013

My thoughts on zac's problems and needed changes.

1) His e is awful. It's way to slow and takes way to long to charge. Typically someone can run away faster than you can use e to catch them once they have boots. It also cost tons of health. I was getting hit for like 400 at full build.

[Currently being tested on PTR]Suggestion: increase the range you can jump by 10% at each rank.

2) Late game the reward for picking up blobs is too small. Especially in team fights where it's rather challenging to do.

[Currently being tested on PTR]Suggestion: They should get stronger as the game goes on. Something like 3/3.5/4/4.5/5/5.5/6% would greatly increase the incentive of trying to get them in a team fight. It also might be nice if they slowly moved towards you, like your passive on death blobs.

3) Late game in a tank build his abilities all just hit himself way way too hard, it's crazy to pay 200-300+ health for an ability.

[Currently being tested on PTR]Suggestion: His abilities need to do magic or physical damage to himself, not true. This way as the game went on you could build resistance to help offset the growth in your health.

4) It's almost impossible to stick (lol, stick) to anyone.

Suggestion: His CC probably needs to last a bit longer. 1.5s total of CC is pretty low on a tank that's supposed to be up and in there, in your face fighting. His entire kit basically just has tarics dazel.

5) His Q feels underwhelming. I pretty much always use it for the slow only, it's damage is so low. I often find myself thinking which is better 6% of my hp or a mediocre slow?

Suggestion: Change the purpose of this ability while still keeping the slow. For example if it cost 1% health instead of 6%, gave it 5/10/15/20/25% vamp, and let it pick up blobs it would solve Zac's healing problems. Or if you had it deal bonus damage based on Zac's current health and how much health the enemy is missing it could operate as a really interesting execute type ability. But as it stands right now, it's pretty negligible.

WreckingCrew

03-18-2013

I haven't put a lot of time into Zac, but I really do like most of these suggestions. They seem grounded and not too over the top. It'll be interesting to see what iterations Zac goes through on his way to live.

nice post.

Crowcide

03-18-2013

Quote:
WreckingCrew:
I haven't put a lot of time into Zac, but I really do like most of these suggestions. They seem grounded and not too over the top. It'll be interesting to see what iterations Zac goes through on his way to live.

nice post.

Thanks dude

Ir0nbeard

03-18-2013

I think having the health blobs from using abilities should slowly move toward you, but I am sure programming this might prove to be more difficult if you are constantly moving... Not sure though

Crowcide

03-18-2013

Quote:
Ir0nbeard:
I think having the health blobs from using abilities should slowly move toward you, but I am sure programming this might prove to be more difficult if you are constantly moving... Not sure though

No harder than his passive

Coup de Jarnac

03-18-2013

I actually really like the idea for his passive. The mvmt towards you is a good idea, and Im not too fond of the percentage healed being a flat rate throughout the game.

ZaMu aH

03-18-2013

I think his passive needs to be reworked entirely to be honest. The blobs are just too much of a hassle especially in team fights when they put you out of position. The part where he revives is SO annoying, I think a passive GA is stupid on it's face but one where you have to destroy 4 different targets? Really? That's just absurd. However I do agree that as it stands his "E" is pretty silly I like it's range but the cast time needs to be faster and you nned to be able to change the direction of it I think. I think a better passive would be straight up life steal, maybe like every third spell or something and he gains health based on how many enemies he hits with said spell. Say he absorbs some of his targets DNA or something just to fit with the whole blob thing. I really like his ultimate though, I think it's an amazing initiation move.

Crowcide

03-20-2013

ttt

Crowcide

03-21-2013

Yay, some suggestions heard: On PBE e distance will increase with level and they are considering adding more cc.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03/wip-0320-pbe-update.html#more

RichardMcNixon

03-21-2013

1. Implemented

2. Working on it. Patch incoming

a. Don't build health so much - prioritize health regen
b. % costs have changed, so fixed.

4. Agreed.

5. the slow is a valid point. Refer to 4.

I'd suggest updating this to cross off 1-3 so we don't cause more unnecessary confusion about this champion. He's still getting polished so expect more things to be fixed.