@Lyte

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loup Noir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

I have read on many occasion that if you report a lot of individuals your reports are not taken seriously. I feel like I have to report people a lot though :/ I wouldn't say every game or even every other game, some days it just seems like the ragers are out in scores. But there are A LOT of bad tempered people in this community. Unfortunately more so at my elo level. I have even raged myself once or twice when I just couldn't take the **** talking, or the teammate bashing any longer. So what I'd like to know is, are my reports going unheard simply because of how often they might happen???

Also it is important to note that I have (at this point) completely lost my patience with any kind of in-game ill will after putting up with it for so long so I know just report anyone and everyone who deserves it. I never intentionally rage. Never. I have never been banned (so far ) And i am probably rarely reported. But I mean come on, there is just so much **** talking going around. Have you guys considered limiting chat to just designated friends in-game?

Trashcanx

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loup Noir View Post
I have read on many occasion that if you report a lot of individuals your reports are not taken seriously. I feel like I have to report people a lot though :/ I wouldn't say every game or even every other game, some days it just seems like the ragers are out in scores. But there are A LOT of bad tempered people in this community. Unfortunately more so at my elo level. I have even raged myself once or twice when I just couldn't take the **** talking, or the teammate bashing any longer. So what I'd like to know is, are my reports going unheard simply because of how often they might happen???

Also it is important to note that I have (at this point) completely lost my patience with any kind of in-game ill will after putting up with it for so long so I know just report anyone and everyone who deserves it. I never intentionally rage. Never. I have never been banned (so far ) And i am probably rarely reported. But I mean come on, there is just so much **** talking going around. Have you guys considered limiting chat to just designated friends in-game?
I have read that too, and i am wondering the same thing. Basically if the tribunal is working as intended, even if there are troll reporters out there who just report everyone on the team for no reason, they probably wont even end up in the tribunal, and if they do they might get pardoned. If they put a decay on your right to report, they are only telling us that the tribunal isnt working as intended.

Limiting chat in game would cause problems, its a team game that requires communication. I agree with you though, there are some completely bad mannered idiots out there who dont even care about the game, they just log on to rage and troll people because it makes them happy. Do you think it would be a good idea if riot increased the punishment based on the crime? AKA someone calls someone else bad, they get a 1 day ban, on the other hand, someone constantly harasses with real life threats, racial slurs, etc... They should recieve a no-warning perma ban.

powerbats

03-18-2013

Reporting a lot isn't the issue, it's spam reporting falsely that makes your reports worthless as well as flags you as someone who reports as a weapon.

If you report a lot but your reporting toxic players who then get punished then your fine and your reporting credibility stays high.

The trolls that spam report falsely in hopes of getting others into trouble get the reports pardoned either by Tribunal or by Riot and their reporting weight goes to zero eventually and they also end up getting warnings/bans as well.

If your doing it right you'll be fine.