Should 6 and 7 month old games be used in the tribunal?

Yes 22 34.38%
No 24 37.50%
Your attitude in game deserves the punishment, but it seems possible your attitude is now different 15 23.44%
No chance that your attitude has improved, toxic players will always be toxic. 3 4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Warned via Tribunal, 7/6/4 month old games used, support doesn't even read tickets.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinKillBear

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT aTOMic Bomb View Post
Well I simply know that most of this isn't true.

I strictly play soloQ normal draft games for the last few months. And I encounter the same toxic players over and over again, reporting them after each match they are toxic in.

The best example is when I got matched with a premade 4 that attempted to force me into whichever role they didn't want, then lie and say I am flaming them, then when we start to lose they sell all their items and start making nazi symbols with wards. I screencaptured every chat message, and pictures of the symbols, uploaded it to imgur.com and attached it to the my report. I also sent a ticket to support with all the same screenshots.

All 4 of these players have played games in the last 2 days when I search their profiles in the client. Yet their actions are almost certainly something anybody would press punish on, and any Rioter viewing their cases for time bans would instantly upgrade to be considered for a permaban.

It isn't like these players do this stuff in 1 game. They do it all the time, but they still go around ruining games months later.

I guess I just find cases just like this very disheartening. I received a punishment of some form, they don't. (They haven't had honor reset etc etc)
Getting to the tribunal is automatic thing based on reports and games played.If they havent shown up here its because people are not reporting them.

JawniHawni

03-18-2013

I looked at your Tribunal case and I would have also punished you. It doesn't matter if you think you had done good. You could act as a total ****** as long as no one reports you. It's how you play and convey yourself to everyone else. If your game is going horrible; you're playing against a team that is much more experienced than yours, you could easily go troll around for the rest of the game as long as your team and the other one sees that the outcome is inevitable. Everyone would have a little bit of fun before the game ends and maybe the losing team wouldn't feel as bad for the loss.

But in your case, sure it wasn't just you who was being more than exemplary. You were provoked as well, but you ended up responding to them badly and got yourself reported and now punished. When you play a normal game you have to think about how the game is for at least 4 other people. You can play poorly as long as you wont end up being a ****** and blame other people or find some other fault. There's a fairly low margin for anyone getting warned for having bad games and everyone reporting you as long as you wont lash out on everyone.

Xeones

03-18-2013

That case deserved punishment, so I understand why your punishment was given based on that case. But I agree 7 months is too long. I don't think Tribunal should go back more than two months. What matters is what you're doing now. Not what you were doing half a year ago. Pretty sure I've seen a riot quote along those lines as well.

DAT aTOMic Bomb

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
Getting to the tribunal is automatic thing based on reports and games played.If they havent shown up here its because people are not reporting them.
Hmm, so if I search solo normal drafts I am more likely to reach the tribunal with that logic.
If they are searching with 3 others that won't report them it will take them 3 times as many games/reports to reach the tribunal. And that is assuming they behave the same way in all of the games that aren't with their friends.

You are right, I think I am just disappointed that the 15 mins I spent taking screenshots to include in the report and sending a ticket to support are wasted because they don't act this way in their other games. Only when they know their buddys won't report them for it.

You win some, you lose some. Seems like I lost this one. And will do for as long as I search soloQ normal draft games. Any time I get matched with toxic players it would be better to just stay quiet and say nothing, than get 4 reports every time and get a small time ban if I reach tribunal again.

At least I can say I have learned something from this warning.
(Trying to see something positive in all the negativity.)

SheLøøkedLevel18

03-18-2013

I can say that I would have hit punish with the given information, but 7 months is far too long of a span. I know that you have to have significantly more reports to reach the tribunal and it selects a small number for each case, but you should only be judged for behavior within the last 2 months.

PenguinKillBear

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT aTOMic Bomb View Post
Hmm, so if I search solo normal drafts I am more likely to reach the tribunal with that logic.
If they are searching with 3 others that won't report them it will take them 3 times as many games/reports to reach the tribunal. And that is assuming they behave the same way in all of the games that aren't with their friends.

You are right, I think I am just disappointed that the 15 mins I spent taking screenshots to include in the report and sending a ticket to support are wasted because they don't act this way in their other games. Only when they know their buddys won't report them for it.

You win some, you lose some. Seems like I lost this one. And will do for as long as I search soloQ normal draft games. Any time I get matched with toxic players it would be better to just stay quiet and say nothing, than get 4 reports every time and get a small time ban if I reach tribunal again.

At least I can say I have learned something from this warning.
(Trying to see something positive in all the negativity.)
To an extent you are correct. Queue with friends and you have a less chance of getting reported. However, it is important to note that in the tribunal 1 report in 1 game equals the same as 4 reports in 1 game. The extra reports carry no extra weight. So if they are queuing with only 4 friends then unless their friends report them or they piss of the other team they should be fine. However, you reporting them in game is worth as much as all of them reporting you. Follow?

The tribunal isnt here to figure out people who are jerks in small percentages of their games. Right now it is here to decide who is frequently ruining games.

DAT aTOMic Bomb

03-18-2013

Had some good contributions so far, just wondered if anyone else had some thoughts about my warning and age of the games involved in this tribunal case.

Dark Trigger

03-18-2013

Easy punish. Hope you end up with a perma.

DAT aTOMic Bomb

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Trigger View Post
Easy punish. Hope you end up with a perma.
If you aren't even going to add to the discussion I really can't see why you would browse and post on these forums.

What makes this an easy punish in your opinion?

If I received enough reports to reach the tribunal why use games this old? They in no way display current in-game behavior, the entire point of the tribunal is to stop toxic players from ruining more games. How many people do you know that obtained similar honor and two ribbons without receiving honor from friends that are toxic players?

I can see why some of these games are insta punish, as they clearly display toxic behavior. If I had been taken to the tribunal within a smaller timeframe it would make sense. These games do not represent my current in game behavior at all imo, and clearly fellow players agreed. If not, I wouldn't have received much honor at all.

AeroWaffle

03-18-2013

Unfortunately, any opinion by any person who is not on the euw server/tribunal is kinda worthless in determining why they voted punish on your case, since that is where they judged your tribunal record.