Should 6 and 7 month old games be used in the tribunal?

Yes 22 34.38%
No 24 37.50%
Your attitude in game deserves the punishment, but it seems possible your attitude is now different 15 23.44%
No chance that your attitude has improved, toxic players will always be toxic. 3 4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Warned via Tribunal, 7/6/4 month old games used, support doesn't even read tickets.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DAT aTOMic Bomb

03-18-2013

Before I include the link to my tribunal case I would like to include some details about these games, and why I feel disappointed in the Tribunal/Riot/Lyte and the team that designed the tribunal.

As a starting point, this is my first warning ever, and as a result of having a tribunal decided against my actions my honor has been reset to 0. I had almost 300 honor, and had the 'Great Teammate' and 'Honourable Opponent' ribbons unlocked.

Of course nobody is perfect in every game, but for the most part I manage to stop myself from raging or having a negative attitude in a game that isn't going well for myself or teammates. I always wish others GL HF and GGWP every game regardless of the outcome of the game. If I feel the absolute need to offer advice I will do so in the post game lobby, and offer it in a very nice way. I always report offensive language and/or toxic behavior, even sending a support ticket with screenshots/proof in extreme cases.

SKIP ABOVE TEXT FOR INSTANT TRIBUNAL GOODNESS

Tribunal Case - http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribu...e/719806/#nogo

Game 1 = 4 months old
Game 2 = 7 & 1/2 months old
Game 3 = 6 months old
Game 4 = Recent (League of BoTRK patch) - Very minor offence)
Game 5 = 1 month old - I responded badly to teammates actions/attitude. Still quite minor and would not bring me to the tribunal alone.

Album showing the games in LOLReplay
This is how I found the age of the games in the first place. How many players aren't able to see they got banned/warned for games that took place forever ago?

Much more in-depth explanations available below!

I am very aware that some of the behaviour in these games is unacceptable. I would punish some of these games in tribunal myself. However one piece of vital information is missed out in the tribunal. Some of the games used as examples in the tribunal are 6 months old.

The oldest game in my tribunal case is 7 months and 2 weeks old as of today. I cannot understand the logic behind games this old being used in the tribunal. Games used in tribunal should be a showcase of current in-game behavior.

Why are games that took place before honor was introduced by Riot playing such a massive part in its removal?

According to the fan-made site Kassa.din my account is 10 months old. (I am unsure if this is correct, but I recall the Hecarim log in screen when I started playing, so it is roughly correct. [April 18th Hecarim patch released - may have been end of patch cycle].)
As a player and person 10 months is quite a long time, I feel my attitude in game and out of the game has changed greatly during this time. If/When I am reported in recent times I simply had a bad game, or have a slightly negative attitude when the game seems extremely one-sided (5-35 kind of one sided, not 10-15 or 6-13 etc). And my honor showed this. I honestly feel I am a good teammate, and in no way a toxic player anymore. I have removed myself from parties I used to play with (Game 2 I was partied with friends who also share a not so great attitude in other games. They are still this way and because of this I rarely play with them.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main point of this post is essentially that to be taken to the tribunal I must have received quite a few reports, so why on earth are such old games used? You may be thinking, if the tribunal doesn't tell you how old the games are how the hell can you be so sure? Well I have had LOLReplay installed since about day 2 of playing. I have many GBs of replays on my harddrive, and used the LOLReplay search function to find the games used in tribunal.

Game 1 is just over 4 months old, and was my 3rd game with Elise during release week. Xin ganked mid early and the enemy anivia got first blood (possibly a double kill). The rest of the game went badly, and you can see this as I am 0/10 at 22 minutes. Please note Xin's deaths as well, and correspond with the chat that he repeatedly failed more ganks on Anivia.

I don't believe I reported anyone, but if I did report the Xin it would have been for unskilled (something that isn't punishable and doesn't reach tribunal, it is only used to tweak matchmaking). I was actually a 'premade' with lee sin, and was quite shocked that he reported me as well. But this kind of stuff happens, and I rarely play with this person anymore so I don't really care for it. Sadly tribunal doesn't show what you were actually reported for any more, but I can assure you I did not feed intentionally, or assist the enemy team in chat or by suiciding in game. I have the replay but cannot watch it as I have the most update LOLReplay, this causes a bugsplat when trying to load the replay. However with the correct version of LOLReplay this should be viewable.

As you can see from the 1st screenshot in this album, the date of the game, and that the enemy Vladimir ended the game 13/4 at 22 minutes.
http://imgur.com/a/sUnID

I have censored all names for the sake of my own privacy and the other players involved.

Game 2 is 7 and 1/2 months old at the time of this game I had been playing for only 2-3 months. I was in a party of 3 with Vladimir and Janna. My behaviour in this game is unacceptable, and anyone can see that. This game alone deserves a punish alone, and if I was "toxic" enough to reach tribunal at the time with similar behaviour in other games I would have nothing to complain about.

My score and Vladimir's are the same, and obviously I was trying my hardest to help a friend that was even newer to the game than me, and had played less than 5 games mid. This does not make my behaviour acceptable, but is still worth mentioning. (Again, was I reported for intentional feeding? Verbal Abuse? Who knows, for some strange reason a good feature was removed from the tribunal.

http://imgur.com/a/sUnID - Second picture

Game 3 is just over 6 months old and is simply a game that didn't go in my favor. I was in a party with graves, and to put it simply they got ganks and got ahead. We didn't and got further and further behind. I would guess these reports are for intentional feeding, but this was not the case. Who in their right mind would intentionally feed when laning or playing with a friend? I also have the replay file for this but am unable to get it to load with the latest version of LOLReplay.
This game is picture 3 in the album - http://imgur.com/a/sUnID

Game 4 is recent (as you can see, the BoTRK on Jax. LOLReplay was bugged as a patch broke it for a short time so I do not have the replay. I do not believe a bannable offense was commited in this game, and I hope that the small amount of frustration that I show is understandable when the Jax on my team has 53 farm at 45 minutes.

Game 5 I did not respond to my teammates actions in the best way, but it is still very minor and would not take me to the tribunal in my opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribu...e/719806/#nogo

Another link to my Tribunal Case. I leveled an account to 5 on NA to post here, as Reds rarely post on EUW and I doubted very much that I would receive help or some kind of explanation as to why such old games are still used in the Tribunal.

I contacted several Riot Employes via their @RiotGames email addresses. Including: Lyte, Phreak, Ymir, mspudding, Psyche, Montag and Romulus. (I found these via googling.)
I received a reply from MsPudding and she simply told me she didn't think she would be able to help me and to contact support via the ticket system.

I sent these emails on the 12th, it has been almost a week and I am not hopeful I will receive a reply from anybody else.

-----------------------------------

I sent a ticket to support on the 12th as well, however the support staff did not even take the time to read a sentence of what I had written. They simply read the subject of the ticket and copy and pasted a generic reply, saying decisions cannot be overturned and the action against my account is only temporary and to improve my behaviour in the future to avoid any more negative action being taken against my account.

The first paragraph of my ticket I asked to be escalated as I have waited days for back and forth replies previously with level 1 support staff. I sent 2 replies to copy and paste messages before I was escalated, and when I was escalated I was told that the decision cannot be reversed and the matter is considered closed. At no point in my ticket did I ask for the decision to be reversed. Just the reasoning for why such old games are being used in my tribunal case.

Last night I contacted 6 Riot employees via my twitter account and will update this post if I receive any replies. However I doubt that I will.

------------------------------------------

Please post any comments or thoughts on my case, and feel free to point out any grammar/formatting errors as I typed this all up quite fast.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and please consider upvoting this post if you would like to know why 7 month old games are still being used in the tribunal, imagine if you received a ban for something you did 7 months ago or a game that occurred 1/4 into your LoL lifetime.

Redeemed Rivên

03-18-2013

Inb4 Lyte Proves Op is a ******.

EzSkillshot

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Rivn View Post
Inb4 Lyte Proves Op is a ******.
Assuming a bit too much, I'm not taking a side but from looking at QP's case it seems most people are assuming a lot of things.

terrible doctor

03-18-2013

1. you're feeding
2. you're a dick

HuskarDc

03-18-2013

You threaten to report too much. 9/10 would punish. \

Now about the question of games being 7 months old getting into the tribunal. Yeah my wife doesn't have a memory that long. It's scary to think the League Tribunal holds longer grudges than a woman!

Get Bladed

03-18-2013

Jesus Christ tl;dr. Downvoted because you could have simply said "I didn't deserve this, please review this for me".

Torcida1911

03-18-2013

I would permaban you just based on your attitude and scores in the first 3 games. The best one is the leona 0/12/1 ... rofl really. 1 assist and died 11 times for free?

You're the worst player to get quueed up with, toxic and ****

DAT aTOMic Bomb

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible doctor View Post
1. you're feeding
2. you're a dick
I am totally open to these kind of comments.

1. Please remember however that 'feeding' is not supposed to be punished in the tribunal, as it is not considered a bannable offence unless it is done intentionally. I.E. running into towers on purpose, repeatedly running into 4v1 fights etc.

2. I guess this is a matter of opinion. However I can also see why someone could view these games that way. As I said myself I would punish games 1-3 for sure if I encountered them in the tribunal. I am not disputing that I acted like a "dick" in these games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskarDc View Post
You threaten to report too much. 9/10 would punish. \

Now about the question of games being 7 months old getting into the tribunal. Yeah my wife doesn't have a memory that long. It's scary to think the League Tribunal holds longer grudges than a woman!
That is understandable. If I feel other players are "toxic" should I just report them myself and not ask others to report?

Could you go through 1 or 2 of the games and consider if you would ask the other team to report the same players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Bladed View Post
Jesus Christ tl;dr. Downvoted because you could have simply said "I didn't deserve this, please review this for me".
I attempted to include a TLR with the first part of the wall of text and the bolding, but I guess I could have done a better job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcida1911 View Post
I would permaban you just based on your attitude and scores in the first 3 games. The best one is the leona 0/12/1 ... rofl really. 1 assist and died 11 times for free?

You're the worst player to get quueed up with, toxic and ****
This kind of confuses me tbh. Have you honestly never basically ruined a game when learning a new champion? That is basically what happened in the Elise game. Me and the jungler messed up an early gank and it just snowballed massively. My inexperience with the champ just made this snowball even worse than it could have been if I was playing a more experienced champion.

The leona game I was in a party with the ADC, do you really think I just died for fun? First few deaths are from ganks, then ezreal starts to get stronger and stronger and their support can buy pinks to deny us more vision and allow them to take dragons etc for a bigger advantage. Each death beyone 3 or 4 I got caught warding, or 4 man dived etc.

Everybody gets caught sometimes, this game I just played particularly bad.
REMEMBER, being bad is not bannable, neither is having a bad game!
All of these games are Normal matches. I DO NOT PLAY RANKED!

Torcida1911

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT aTOMic Bomb View Post

1. Please remember however that 'feeding' is not supposed to be punished in the tribunal, as it is not considered a bannable offence unless it is done intentionally. I.E. running into towers on purpose, repeatedly running into 4v1 fights etc.

2. I guess this is a matter of opinion. However I can also see why someone could view these games that way. As I said myself I would punish games 1-3 for sure if I encountered them in the tribunal. I am not disputing that I acted like a "dick" in these games.
1. 0/12/1 on leona, explain how that isn't intentionally feeding. lets assume you and your adc died 4 times each so now the other ad carry is like 8-0. If you engage to fight that fight another 8 times, that's intentional feeding for sure.

2. Your scores in these games were the worst on the teams but youre blaming people and calling them retarded.

What you need to do when you get a bunch of morons on your team is just win your own lane, get decent farm. and forfiet at 20, then report all of them. It's the best way to deal with morons, support vladimirs, jungle lulus and the like.

PenguinKillBear

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT aTOMic Bomb View Post

As you already agreed in cases 1-3 being punishable i only read cases 4 and 5.

I found both of these cases to be punishable. You argued with your teammate the entire time in game 4. You were negative and defeating. In game five you railed on Jax most of the game. Were insulting and tried to garner reports against him. You also need to stop playing the blame game.

Now to your originial question. Should "older" reports be uses. I think yes. If they are used to build a tribunal case than of course they should be used. It is also apparent to me that your behavior must not have improved that much to your recent games as I find both games 4 and 5 to be easily punishable.