Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss... The New Ionia vs Nox?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Newrikey

Recruiter

03-18-2013

There is quite a bit of speculation going on. People believe the next champ to come out after Zac is going to be Lissandra. What helps support this? The Quinn thread in GD where she is investigating Freljord. It is located here...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3227575#35631164

It only shows an investigation of Ashe and her citizens, but it says that Quinn is going to investigate Sejuani next. What else helps support an upcoming battle? The new map... Howling Abyss.

What is the story behind howling Abyss? We don't know the full details. All we know was that it was the location to settle a huge dispute in Freljord in the past. No one remembers the details of why the fight happened or the results. All they remember is that it did.

What if the release of Lissandra means something big is going to happen. Lissandra was always spoken of since the beginning of Ashe's career. She swore loyalty to Ashe and works underneath. And yet when tensions are high, Lissandra is close to being released. Quinn is investigating Freljord and a new map located in Freljord with the basic description of "A huge battle occurred here once" has appeared.

My theory? There will be a new Ionia vs Nox. But it won't be Ionia vs Nox... It will be Sejuani vs Ashe. Who will be the true ruler of Freljord. I feel all this will happen after the release of Lissandra, the map, the finishing of Quinn's investigation as well as Sejuani's slight rework.

It seems unfair though. Ashe has absolutely everyone under her rule... What chances does Sejuani have?

Theory 2: Sejuani is going to get outside help. Not that she will ask for it. It will come to her. Lissandra may rebel against ashe or my more likely choice.... Noxus is going to Assist Sejuani.. Why? Well Quinn's final words already show in the first report that she favors ashe over sejuani and is biased that sejuani is going to be the downfall of freljord due to the citizens being fearful. If this does happen, Sejuani will achieve no help from Demacia, but who better to help her than the enemies of demacia, especially when Sejuani stands alone.

Theory 3: It's going to be a real 1 on 1 fight. Ashe and Sejuani will meet themselves on the field. It will be the second coming of the great battle of freljord on howling abyss. Although with the installation of turrets and a nexus. There's one possible... most likely theory.

Theory 4: We the summoners will decide who will be the rightful ruler of Freljord. Just as we helped decide the Ionia vs Noxus rematch. We will decide who is more right to rule. The rules are simple though... Sejuani and ashe must be in the fight on separate sides. Ashe will always be blue side and Sejuani will always be purple. They will have representatives that can join them. Most of Ashe's representatives will consist of her freljordian peers. Sejuani will have whomever sees her as the true ruler. They will fight it out and a true ruler will finally be properly claimed.

So the question isn't if Riot is going to do this. They better do this. The question is... Who is going to win in the end? I am rooting for Sejuani personally.

This is lore discussion however so let's talk it out!

Great Aether

03-18-2013

link somewhat related, not really, but it's interesting (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1aily3/leblanc_is_the_last_high_councilor_of_the_le)

Proelium

03-18-2013

I want it to go down this way:

To introduce the new map they should have a lore match.

Sej backed by Nox
Ashe backed by Demacia

LORE MATCH PLEASE!

Proelium

03-18-2013

Dead serious though, that's what I want.

Newrikey

Recruiter

03-18-2013

You aren't the only one Adra. I feel it has to happen. Although Ashe has a big enough backing as is with her own freljordians. Although I can see Demacia coming to help should Nox back up Sejuani for whatever the reason. I just really feel there has to be a lore match when this map is released or when the sejuani retweak comes.

Proelium

03-18-2013

Quote:
Newrikey:
You aren't the only one Adra. I feel it has to happen. Although Ashe has a big enough backing as is with her own freljordians. Although I can see Demacia coming to help should Nox back up Sejuani for whatever the reason. I just really feel there has to be a lore match when this map is released or when the sejuani retweak comes.

They'd just do what they did last time and put neutrals on the side that is out numbered.

StarkRavenMad

Recruiter

03-18-2013

If Noxus was to back up Sejuani, it would be because they respect her 3 parts of power: She denies her body's need for heat, she is physically strong, and she is mentally resolute. While they more than likely do respect Ashe and Tryndamere, Swain's biggest thing would seeing a Strategic offering in helping Sejuani. Freljord is stuck in their hate for Noxus (Not just Swain, since he had nothing to do with the pacification act), to work as allies for Noxus, so, t'is better to gain new allies, than to keep old enemies, no?