League needs a ping test before starting games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MonkOfDarkness

03-18-2013

too many people are blaming bad connection or lag

so put a ping test in to stop players with these problems from entering games in ranked and normal games.

Iamb

03-18-2013

wont help they will still join the game even when they have 400 ping

they will think in thier heads "np i got this"

InShortSight

03-18-2013

i occasionally go online to find a ping test, then im like, '200? no problem i got dis'

MonkOfDarkness

03-18-2013

its most annoying thing as a jungler to feed your top 5 kills in 10minutes then have him afk cause of ping and lag and lose his lane....

Im not normally that good at jungle, but it seems like a reoccuring problem in most of my games people with Lag and stupid things...

this games a competition, not for the quitter, so stop making excuses, DONT AFK, DONT LAG, fix your computer bro get some normal computer anti virus stuff and let it run for a day

Camen Sieder

03-18-2013

most DC's are because of the client. It takes a considerable amount of time for your internet to cut out for you to actually get DC'd from the game. Pull your ethernet during a custom match and watch the screen. What happens is it will generally reconnect while still showing the game. The client is the issue most of the time. Your game doesn't crash to desktop, completely lock up or even freeze because of your ping.

ping just lags the **** out of your commands and the only way to get around it is with smartcasting and smashing keys

NakamuraKanade

03-18-2013

or just restrict players not to play LOL for an hour or so
if they had something like 200ping or above when logging in?

EmnestyX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

they shouldnt let people play with 250+

AoXoA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Well us Australians cant help having bad pings, but as for lag... Thats different to ping. It means skills not working, champ not moving and etc.

A big cause is people's families are watching their HD streams, hogging all their bandwidth, or torrents. That causes lag.

EDIT: And PMB... When I first started playing LoL, I would get like 1K ping. Back then I had no clue PMB would constantly upload, and back at the time I had a 1500/256 adsl connection. But since its installed with LoL, people need to uninstall that if they have lag problems.

Tezzarules990

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmnestyX View Post
they shouldnt let people play with 250+
You do realize Australian ping starts from 160+ to 400, and most people average 250?

Ralfazar

03-18-2013

No the client needs to pick game servers that are near your timezone/region.