Banned untill December 31, 2286.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ac3y View Post
I hear pressing the mute button is hard.
I hear hitting the report button is easy.

Robotiny

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
Army

LDRSHIP

Loyalty: Be faithfull to the Constitution, the military and yourself.

Duty: Fullfill your obligations.

Responsibility: Treat others as they should be treated:

Selfless Service: In a nutshell, put everything before your own needs.

Honor: Uphold the Army values.

Integrity: Do what is right, legally and morally.

Personal Courage: Face fear and danager and adversity.

Fail to see
Thanks for that!

fragilEmEntal

03-18-2013

Silver division is Elo hell too.

Shelzin

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapurfamily View Post
Gordon Ramsay pays up his rudeness for the camera and always has a constructive criticism to make, even when he is yelling. "This duck is so undercooked a skilled vet could still save it!" Hilarious, and an important criticism for a chef.

And the harsh conditions of boot camp are meant to get you used to stressful situations in combat and get you psychologically invested in the military. Your drill instructor is not yelling at you because they're angry, no matter how well they act angry.

When I was 16, I had a driving instructor who would yell at me a lot, and it didn't help me become a better driver, just a nervous one. It took me years of driving to be comfortable behind the wheel.
Well... Yeah...

But the statement was that they've never heard of being rude was a good teaching tool. I took that as a challenge to find one. So I did. I actually came up with a few more since I made that post... But honestly none of them even remotely apply to single games as any kind of useful teaching method.

The time restraints on the game isn't conductive to the technique. So as far as I'm concerned I gave an answer that it was possible. Not that it should be done in this or any other game.

So while I think I've shown some examples that rudeness is actually a good teaching technique, what Shiister was actually meaning still holds true. It's useless and a negative trait in LoL.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

would league still be around in 2286

MFKrazed

03-19-2013

Tried to teach by being rude...

That's a new one.