How do you get people to listen to you?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSeCKSx

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
uh. no what i meant was the spots that are best to be warded don't come naturally, not the warding itself. this is meaning out of lane phase, of course. bot lane wards are pretty easy: river, bot bushes, tribush if you're pushing really hard.

most of the time my wards are used for the two central river, and maybe wraiths if we've lost the 2nd turret. that's 3 wards per round but i don't see it making a significant difference in most of the games.
Warding can make all the difference, but it also requires your team actually pay attention to the map.

As a support I try to drop at least 5 wards once mid game commences, and depending on who's got the lead will decide if the focus is their jungle or our own.

Catching enemy teammates out of position or saving fellow teammates through vision are worth the investment most of the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
Warding can make all the difference, but it also requires your team actually pay attention to the map.

As a support I try to drop at least 5 wards once mid game commences, and depending on who's got the lead will decide if the focus is their jungle or our own.

Catching enemy teammates out of position or saving fellow teammates through vision are worth the investment most of the time.
i usually will have 6 wards on the map as a support at any time. 3 from the ruby sightstone and 3 from own pocket. the places i often ward are the two central river brush, bush nearest to wolves, wraiths on our side if we're getting pushed and a pink for baron.

the wards i mentioned above is when i'm playing adc and there is absolutely no ward coverage on the map.

any other important spots you think i should cover?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kryshim

Senior Member

03-21-2013

As a mid player, I try and get get enemy wraiths warded shortly after minions spawn, and I try to keep them warded throughout the game. I'll also keep my wraiths warded if I suspect an attempt at counterjungling. If we can go for a steal on enemy blue, then I'll try and remember to ward it shortly before it respawns, though more often than not I end up forgetting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flduckhunter73

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
there's a lot going on but i'm not sure where exactly i need to be looking out to improve. i'm pretty consistent in cs unless my supp thinks he's a heal bot and constantly sits at tower (thankfully this happens rarely). i could work on my warding but it just doesn't come naturally. the times they do come i find myself full on item slots because i was building towards that next big one. but i will work on it.

it might just be because i'm playing normals (not good enough for ranked) but i'm not sure how much more i can contribute when i'm doubling my teammates' cs, making sure i don't die and have a good number of kills and assists (if i get more than 5 deaths in a game, that's a cue for me to go rewatch a replay and see where i scrwed up) and try to shoot for objectives like turrets, dragon and baron whenever possible.

all that, and i can't even GET to a 50% W/L ratio, much less maintain it. either there's something i'm missing terribly, or you just can't carry from bot lane, which doesn't make sense because you are supposed to be able to carry from any role.

In regard to wards: In most games there is a clear cut "front line" In the beginning of the game its always going to be the river. The place where enemies and allies are MOST LIKELY to engage in combat. Later in the game that line is going to shift and so should your minimum warded areas.

Winning - The river should remain warded and at least a ward on enemy red and enemy blue. Most of the play combat is going to be on the enemies side of the base since they are losing and playing defensive. You want vision on their side of the map.

Losing - You want to have as many bushes in your jungle warded as possible, the closer to the center of the map the better. If you can get wards in the river great but its probably better to have full vision of your jungle. Some people might disagree on me with this point but I find it to be the best strategy when losing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flduckhunter73

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
there's a lot going on but i'm not sure where exactly i need to be looking out to improve. i'm pretty consistent in cs unless my supp thinks he's a heal bot and constantly sits at tower (thankfully this happens rarely). i could work on my warding but it just doesn't come naturally. the times they do come i find myself full on item slots because i was building towards that next big one. but i will work on it.

it might just be because i'm playing normals (not good enough for ranked) but i'm not sure how much more i can contribute when i'm doubling my teammates' cs, making sure i don't die and have a good number of kills and assists (if i get more than 5 deaths in a game, that's a cue for me to go rewatch a replay and see where i scrwed up) and try to shoot for objectives like turrets, dragon and baron whenever possible.

all that, and i can't even GET to a 50% W/L ratio, much less maintain it. either there's something i'm missing terribly, or you just can't carry from bot lane, which doesn't make sense because you are supposed to be able to carry from any role.
In regards to dieing

Dieing is an ok and often times necessary portion of the game. If in a team fight you can deal enough aoe damage to cleave a team down to the point where they are all 50% health before you die, do it. You need to look at kills/deaths as a trade. A couple of examples:

You are playing annie, the enemy team is getting creamed except for their RIDICULOUSLY FED adc. A team fight breaks out and you have been the preferred target of the team fight. You flash to position yourself near the ADC and drop Death Fire Grasp followed by a tibbers ults and the remainder of your burst, killing the ADC in seconds. The rest of the enemy team reacts and kills you. HOWEVER the 4 people left alive on your team are MUCH stronger than the 4 reamining people alive on their team. Your team aces in the team fight with 2 people alive and they then push down 2 turrets. A GREAT DEATH!

You are playing kennen. The enemy sona pops reverie and ults your team. Most of you are stunned and the enemy team is charging in for a brutal beat down. You decided to counter, and pop your kennen ult and lighting rush through their team. You deal heavy aoe damage, begin to stun random oppoents. Your team then comes out of the sona ult and sees that they now have a health pool advantage. The enemy team focus you since you dived in, you used your hourglass to go invulnerable and stall while your ult continues to do damage. Your hourglass expires and you die. HOWEVER, the enemy team absorbed heavy aoe damage from your ult and were intermentenly stunned, allowing your team to beat them down and win the team fight. ANOTHER GREAT DEATH!

Dieing is a necessary you just have to learn the best times to be agressive. I would suggest not being skittish about going hard in the paint in some normal games. WHO CARES IF YOU DIE/LOSE, ITS A NORMAL. Eventually you will learn from your mistakes and learn when being agressive can pay off and send an enemy team scattering.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PikaRioCed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-21-2013

I recommend most of the advice stated here.
Also, a yellow ribbon helps enormously because for some reason it gives people confidence in your calls. Of course to earn it you have to make lots of good calls to begin with.

I think the biggest thing is this: if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Densuo

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Funny you say that. People tend to listen to me when they see my alternating blue green yellow ribbon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by flduckhunter73 View Post
In regards to dieing

Dieing is an ok and often times necessary portion of the game. If in a team fight you can deal enough aoe damage to cleave a team down to the point where they are all 50% health before you die, do it. You need to look at kills/deaths as a trade. A couple of examples:

You are playing annie, the enemy team is getting creamed except for their RIDICULOUSLY FED adc. A team fight breaks out and you have been the preferred target of the team fight. You flash to position yourself near the ADC and drop Death Fire Grasp followed by a tibbers ults and the remainder of your burst, killing the ADC in seconds. The rest of the enemy team reacts and kills you. HOWEVER the 4 people left alive on your team are MUCH stronger than the 4 reamining people alive on their team. Your team aces in the team fight with 2 people alive and they then push down 2 turrets. A GREAT DEATH!

You are playing kennen. The enemy sona pops reverie and ults your team. Most of you are stunned and the enemy team is charging in for a brutal beat down. You decided to counter, and pop your kennen ult and lighting rush through their team. You deal heavy aoe damage, begin to stun random oppoents. Your team then comes out of the sona ult and sees that they now have a health pool advantage. The enemy team focus you since you dived in, you used your hourglass to go invulnerable and stall while your ult continues to do damage. Your hourglass expires and you die. HOWEVER, the enemy team absorbed heavy aoe damage from your ult and were intermentenly stunned, allowing your team to beat them down and win the team fight. ANOTHER GREAT DEATH!

Dieing is a necessary you just have to learn the best times to be agressive. I would suggest not being skittish about going hard in the paint in some normal games. WHO CARES IF YOU DIE/LOSE, ITS A NORMAL. Eventually you will learn from your mistakes and learn when being agressive can pay off and send an enemy team scattering.
i understand that sometimes the bruiser or the apc has to go in balls deep to achieve stuff. however right now i'm still getting the hang of my bot lane (i will learn the other lanes from scratch once i believe i can consistently carry from bot lane, then i'll do the same for others). i've realised on more than several occasions that if you as the adc are dead, the fight's pretty much lost. therefore my very defensive playstyle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryshim View Post
As a mid player, I try and get get enemy wraiths warded shortly after minions spawn, and I try to keep them warded throughout the game. I'll also keep my wraiths warded if I suspect an attempt at counterjungling. If we can go for a steal on enemy blue, then I'll try and remember to ward it shortly before it respawns, though more often than not I end up forgetting.
do you need jungler coordination for the steal, or do you just go in by yourself if you see enemy jungle attempting to do blue?


123