Best Jungler to learn for Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnar Rango

03-17-2013

I've truly fallen in love with Nasus, but I don't see too many out there in real competitive ranked play... I know he needs farm in order to do well so am I harming myself by still learning Nasus? I'm trying to work on my jungle a lot better, and often find myself Out CSing my teammates in lanes in terms of CS, and still able to offer ganks and such. (I've made it a joke that a gank to your lane costs 1 CS point, and end up becoming a true beast when I Q-Q the enemy team, even to a point that the other side will immediately focus me before I can do too much damage with that. :P)

I've got bought atm:
Hecarim, Vi, Xin,Yi

AuHuA

03-17-2013

Nasus is a perfectly viable jungler. His ganks are really strong because his wither makes it really hard for people to get away. If you are out cs ing your teammates, you are probably farming too much and not ganking enough. The junglers you have atm are good except for Yi. Yi can clear decently fast and has good sustain, but his ganks are pretty bad because he has no cc.

Lil Cuddles

03-17-2013

Lets put it this way, learning a champ is never harming yourself but making you more diverse in champion select. Nasus has potential to be a powerful jungler but his ganks are wither based and this can make it hard if you don't land it properly. Other than that I would say he's a great one to learn because of the low ban rate on him and tank/jungle potential he provides.

Apokriptos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

I like playing tanky junglers as to extend the ganks towards a tower dive. CC is a primal matter at times of ganking, as you want to prevent them from running away.

The ones I most like atm are Jarvan IV, Amumu and Malphite. They got slows, stuns and gap closers, and are also tanky. You also got Nocturne, with his E (fear) and ult for closing gaps, Fiddlesticks with his easy jungle path and strong ganks (Fear, silence and strong ult with a blink).

Nasusī E is very good as it works as an exhuast, but he has no gap closers, which make him reliant on his teammates response. Kha Zix has a strong gap closer (evolved E) but low CC (only passive and red/items).

Umm... Rengar is dead, Hecarim is really strong, Viīs ult too, Xinīs knock-up and knock-backs can make really good ganks. Yi isnīt good, as he relies too much on red and teammates (no natural cc).

Rammus, Lee sin, Diana, Galio (not popular).

BUT IN COMPETITIVE champions like Amumu and Malphite are often banned. The ones I found most enjoyable and not often used are J4 and Hecarim, who have strong CC and tankyness. Vi appears to fit in that role pretty much too, but I havent used her. Xin is another used ranked champ, as well as Lee and Olaf, even tho I like him more at top. Cho can work too.

Well, there you go. Hope it helps.

SeCKS Egai

03-17-2013

Hec, Vi, and Xin are pretty typical, tho they've been beaten by the nerf bat (apparently hec's got nasty incoming nerfs based on what folks are saying about the PBE).

Nasus is a late game bloomer, and a lot of games end up being decided before that.

MrRecht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

Nasus is slow, but he's not that bad. If you like him, just keep playing him. Eventually you'll think of a winning strat. Hec, Xin and VI are pretty strong too. Lee Sin is a great jungler to learn. I'd reccomend him.

Charzen

03-18-2013

Warwick !

derp da boss

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charzen View Post
Warwick !
Warwick is better top. You need to be level 6 to ensure cc is in your gank, and by then someone will have needed your help.

Charzen

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by derp da boss View Post
Warwick is better top. You need to be level 6 to ensure cc is in your gank, and by then someone will have needed your help.
Ye but warwick is such a great counter jungler and his W makes for a quick tower destruction

Wyvernon

03-19-2013

Udyr is pretty beast (lol), and playing him is relatively simple. He's like the Sona of the jungle -- no abilities, all stances.