What if we changed the way draft mode worked in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

03-17-2013

Ban your champions (let's say 6 because that's what it is now) and then it puts you into blind pick mode.

You can still pick the same champion as someone else on the other team, but you are restricted 6 champions that have been banned.

This would (temporarily) solve some major champion balance issues and would be more encouraging to play because people are familiar with blind pick mode. The most you would see is a dodge because someone banned their favorite champion - but the dodge penalty is fixed now!

It isn't ranked, but hell, it would make the game a lot more fun for the serious players.

Dienovv

03-17-2013

There is just one problem:

It would require Riot to do something in regards to Dominion.

Orphane

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Ban your champions (let's say 6 because that's what it is now) and then it puts you into blind pick mode.

You can still pick the same champion as someone else on the other team, but you are restricted 6 champions that have been banned.

This would (temporarily) solve some major champion balance issues and would be more encouraging to play because people are familiar with blind pick mode. The most you would see is a dodge because someone banned their favorite champion - but the dodge penalty is fixed now!

It isn't ranked, but hell, it would make the game a lot more fun for the serious players.
10 people, 6 bans, POTENTIALLY 60 CHAMPS GONE FROM THE SELECT. POKEMON UU TIER, LET'S DO THIS.

naotasan

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
10 people, 6 bans, POTENTIALLY 60 CHAMPS GONE FROM THE SELECT. POKEMON UU TIER, LET'S DO THIS.
Maybe I didn't explain it clearly?

You ban out your six champions then get thrown into blind pick.
The queue now operates as if you queued for blind pick except those six champions you banned can't be picked.

Stralucire

03-17-2013

Why would you bother playing draft if you can't counter-pick?

Much easier to give blind pick a ban or two and leave draft alone.

Lethal stoner

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralucire View Post

isnt he saying that ? ...
and why not is should be easy to implement and it it doesnt work remove it it it works keep it nerf it buff it change it w.e

naotasan

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralucire View Post

Is my post really this complicated? What I put in bold is exactly my suggestion.

FDru

03-17-2013

People wouldn't play it for the same reason they don't play draft now. Blind is just more accessible.

The majority of players probably don't care about or know what's OP anyway.

Orphane

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Maybe I didn't explain it clearly?

You ban out your six champions then get thrown into blind pick.
The queue now operates as if you queued for blind pick except those six champions you banned can't be picked.
Under the premise that each player picks a unique set of banned champions you would be removing 60 champions out of like 115.

Sure, it would likely never happen, but it would be hilarious because you could reliably count on other people banning certain champions in order to ban others.

naotasan

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Under the premise that each player picks a unique set of banned champions you would be removing 60 champions out of like 115.
I didn't understand this concept was so hard to grasp. How are you getting 60 champions?

Picture it this way. You start a draft game. You ban all 6 champions you want for your draft game. Then it switches to blind pick mode where those six (and only those six, not sure how you keep getting 60) are banned from your game.