Guarenteed way to get THE honor ribbon you want!

12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Yep, he got all 5 ribbons.

Since there are only 4.
Riot has stated that there is a fifth ribbon that they expect only one percent of players to fulfill the requirements of unlocking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-18-2013

The truth is the way to get ribbons is to soloq. You're never going to get a teamwork ribbon if you 4 or 5 queue every game, because you'll have fewer opportunities to get honour.

That's why so many players in coop/ai games have them. They're mostly single or duo and they all hand out honour a lot because that's the culture they've established. They're laid back, havin fun, and never have to deal with trolls/leavers/rage/unnecessarily lost games. So, they hand out honour.

In a normie with one pug you've got a 33% chance of getting teamwork even if you can guarantee he gives you any honour, and of course you can't. Even if you're the nicest guy in the world, you're only going to get honour if you make the guy laugh or get a pentakill- something to make an impression. Make him remember you're a cool dude when he gets to the stat screen, before he clicks away.


Personally I think the requirements for ribbons is way too strict. Lyte says stuff like "if you're not toxic you should get it" but that's not really true. I think of myself as non-toxic and I had an honourable opponent ribbon and he took it away for what basically amounts to "no reason." I guess they want the ribbons to be rare so people behave in order to earn them, but it kinda just made me feel not good enough. It didn't make me want to prove I'm good, I was just annoyed. Meanwhile I have plenty of friends who rarely talk and therefore won't get ribbons. We multiqueue too, making the chances even lower.


The whole system is pretty flawed even though it's a cute idea... but the fact is, being a good player or a nice one isn't what determines whether or not you get a ribbon. Other factors like how many pugs you get on average and how visible your 'niceness' is... calling mia when you should and giving lanes kills during ganks isn't enough because there's no incentive to remembering honour exists on the stat page, and you can't do it during game or on someone's profile.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Hi Alex3omg

I would like to address some of your concerns.

First: Sorry to hear you lost your ribbon. You can get it again if you really want it, but I totally know how you feel.
Second: I agree Solo Q and Bots can be the fastest way to get Ribbons, but they are not the only way.
Third: You are correct Skill does not determine getting a ribbon, Elo is the system we have that rewards skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Hi Alex3omg

I would like to address some of your concerns.

First: Sorry to hear you lost your ribbon. You can get it again if you really want it, but I totally know how you feel.
Second: I agree Solo Q and Bots can be the fastest way to get Ribbons, but they are not the only way.
Third: You are correct Skill does not determine getting a ribbon, Elo is the system we have that rewards skill.

Well I think skill does affect ribbons.

If someone is amazing in the game at the end you're going to remember, and you'll give that 32/4 Kassadin some honour for his efforts. Someone who sticks in your mind gets honour or reported, but the average joes who land somewhere in the middle get nothing because you don't think about it.


I just feel like we need some incentive to get people to remember to honour after a game, or a way to do it quickly in game (oh he just saved my life! honour!) yknow? That might get people giving it out more. I also think both teams should be able to give the same honour out. That is... Say you combined "Honourable Opponent" with "Friendly" and just let BOTH teams give everyone any of the three honour types. And maybe more than one... you tick the boxes of whichever applies.... this guy was friendly and helpful, he gets both...

That way everyone has equal chance to get honours, even if they are queued with friends.

Thanks for the nice response. I would give you honour, but there's no forum honour. And if I could go to your profile in client to give you friendly, I would. I hope they add that, because I think it would help show who is really nice... a better representation, not just luck or being in the right situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Zell

Senior Member

03-18-2013

bump to you good sir

I myself used to have the great leader badge 3 months ago but lost it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Zell

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Riot has stated that there is a fifth ribbon that they expect only one percent of players to fulfill the requirements of unlocking.
Where is the source good sir?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Zell

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
AotW King

I have personally done this and can guarentee its success. Notice this is not "honor farming", "honor trading" or "begging for honor". This is the way banners are meant to be earned. By doing the things that make a person deserving of them.
One question, I thought the green badge was teamwork while the yellow was for friendly.

Am i wrong?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Makarov View Post
One question, I thought the green badge was teamwork while the yellow was for friendly.

Am i wrong?
You are wrong. I have got them, lost them then picked the exact ones I wanted. Yellow is from Teamwork and Green is from Friendly. Matter of fact the current banner I sport is the yellow one and I have exclusvily been seeking teamwork honors.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Hi Xander

I didnt even notice your post earlier.

Man you cannot let a earlier argument go can you? I mean trolling me from a different post?

Ok let me defend myself and explain.

#1 On the other topic I was simply saying some families play LoL together, not to 'cheat' but to have family time. They are not intentinally taking advantage of level differences as I pointed out we have about a 50% win rate. I was also being silly with the tears comment.

#2 You are completly wrong about how I get my banners. Riot made it so if people you KNOW honor you then their honor eventually counts for 0 and you loose your banner. The guide I have posted is a 100% legal, 100% legit way to get the honor banner that you want, and it works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Riot has stated that there is a fifth ribbon that they expect only one percent of players to fulfill the requirements of unlocking.

Links or didn't happen.

If you mean "oh the elusive purple ribbon that nobody unlocked yet[...]"

Lyte was just kidding, and even if he wasn't, there is nothing about "only one percent of players"

So, you either support that claim with actual data, or I call BS.


12345612 ... 15