Guarenteed way to get THE honor ribbon you want!

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

03-17-2013

Hello Friends, Great Pyrenees here with a helpful Guide:

I see a lot of posts about 'How do i get X honor ribbon', 'I have XXX honors y dont i have X ribbon'.

As a person who has unlocked all 4 ribbons ... then intentinonally let them all dissapear. Then i got the exact ones I wanted again. I will tell you 100% how to get the Honor ribbon you want.

Are you willing to do the things necessary to earn a shiny ribbon only 1% of players have? We will see.

Psychology and being a good team mate.

For the GREEN ribbon say Hello at Champion select. When the game starts I usually say somthing like "Take me to your Nexus!" (If I am playing Heimerdinger). At the end of the game I say GG WP. In end game chat I say "you guys were very FRIENDLY". If you were nice like in this example and you plant the psychological seed then you will see 2+ Frienly honors per match and will have the Green banner in about 50 honors within a week. NOTE: you must be friendly for this to work, you cannot KS or be a jerk and expect this to work.

For the BLUE ribbon say Hello at Champion select and pick the role needed or a support! Why? Because this is being the most helpful to the team! Furthermore point out in champion select that you "just want to be helpful'. During the game lay as many wards and heals as possible, while dying as little as possible. At the end of the game I say GG WP. In end game chat I say "it is fun HELPING friends like you". If you were nice like in this example and you plant the psychological seed then you will see 2+ Helpful honors per match and will have the Blue banner in about 50 honors within a week. NOTE: you must be helpful for this to work, you cannot KS or be a jerk and expect this to work.

For the Yellow ribbon say Hello at Champion select and pick the role the team comp nees most! Why? Because leadership starts by leading by example! Furthermore point out in champion select that you "dont mind being a team player". During the game make casual strategic suggestions at the appropriate time. Example "they are all bottom lets get baron real fast". At the end of the game I say GG WP. In end game chat I say "very nice Teamwork"! If you were nice like in this example and you plant the psychological seed then you will see 2+ Teamwork honors per match and will have the Yellow banner in about 50 honors within a week. NOTE: You must show some deft leadership skills for this to work, you cannot be rude or condensending and expect it to work.

For the RED ribbon (the easiest to get imo) do the following. At the start of the game say something to your most likely lane opponet like "Lux lets rock and roll mid baby". If Lux makes a good play say in /all "hats off lux wp". At the end of the game say "Good game guys". At end game chat say "It was a pleasure playing you guys, well played indeed". If you follow this advice you will have planted the psychological seeds and you will see 2+ Honorable opponet honors per match and you will have the Red banner in about 50 honors within a week. NOTE: You must actually be a cool person during the match especially in /all chat where you will be earning those rewards.

Well I hope that explained to everyone how to get the exact banner they want. I am currently sporting the Great Leadership banner ... again ). I am also amongst the top 1% of positive players in LoL. Stay thirsty my friends!

Edit 1: I would like to congratulate Mad Makarov he followed this guide and got a honor ribbon within 5 days of following the advice in this guide. Good job Mad Makarov you deserve that beautiful Green Banner!

Other Guides:
My Facts behind the Tribunal Guide is in the Guides Forum.
My how to counter initiation junglers with Heimerdinger Jungle is in the Guides Forum.
My Zilean and experience modifier Team Comp guide with math is in the Guides Forum.

TLDR: If you want any banner follow the instructions in the appropriate section and you WILL get one. This is not a guide on how to 'fake' being positive, it is a guide to help positive people achieve positive rewards =)

AotW King

03-17-2013

This made my day because I always think that its a trap and try to second guess what honor people are looking for.

Great Pyrenees

03-17-2013

AotW King

I have personally done this and can guarentee its success. Notice this is not "honor farming", "honor trading" or "begging for honor". This is the way banners are meant to be earned. By doing the things that make a person deserving of them.

AotW King

03-17-2013

http://xkcd.com/810/

While I find amusement in the "gg honor for all" folk whose numbers have dwindled I have no problem with people who are generally a bit on the more up tight end "acting" nice for ribbons.

And I somewhat feel bad when I leave a game and I got an honor and I didn't give it to someone who deserves it because I always forget about it.

Great Pyrenees

03-17-2013

Your right I also noticed about 2 months ago the 'fake nice' people disappeared. For a while i was getting comments like "Stop being nice for honor noob". Which is funny because I would say is like "Good luck". So I switched it to "Happy Hunting".

As for giving honor ... I almost NEVER give honor. Unless I see someone who really wowed me. Like a support warding well. A jungle helping when needed. A Top who wards and doesnt yell at the jungler. A mid who shows up just in time to switch death into victory. A ADC who actually appreciates his support and jungle. So I give out a honor about 1 time every 5 games.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

Yep, he got all 5 ribbons.

Since there are only 4.

Great Pyrenees

03-17-2013

Oh you dont know about the 5th ... well i cannot give it away P

You got me, typo meant to say 4!

Getsuei

03-17-2013

Great to see you posting more Great Pyrenees =) Still have to do a game with you sometime.

Great Pyrenees

03-18-2013

You can catch me anytime ... Im still addicted to Heimerdinger of course )

xander9119

03-18-2013

This guy has his whole family giving him honors. He is a real jerk BTW!!

But to quote him exactly

There are some bad people out there then there is my family.

Two of us are lvl 30 adults, the other three are pre tweenagers who are lvl 15ish

Pretty easy to collect ribbons from family members.

Later he says

If i knew it was kids I was beating I would taste their tears and make my own chi stronger. I would also sleep very deeply.

Im tired of this pansey society which tells kids their all winners. News flash, your not. I will crush that dream in a heartbeat if it gives even 1 kid a backbone to go out and achieve real greatness in their life. Furthermore this is a game.

"BTW - Why can't u play the bot games together, "as a family"? Why make other kids miserable?"

Bots dont cry real tears P

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3185769&page=2

He is one strange (to put it mildly) LOL player!!!

He is one sick NUT JOB!!!

1234511 ... 15