[Guide] Assassadin: The New Standard For Void Walker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
Everyone gets catalyst, even after the nerf it's still extremely powerful.

Chalice cant help you in longer fights. Regen sucks compared to raw mana.
From what I've seen, chalice is enough mana for longer fights but keeps you up when it's a series of skirmishes instead. I've been teleporting back much more often for health than mana.

I miss the survivability from Cat/RoA builds at times, though.

Tarion

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
I've been teleporting back much more often for health than mana.
I noticed that too. May try to slip a Leviathan in, for games that look to go long.

PineappleThis

12-05-2009

The problem I've found is that without catalyst I don't have the mana to chase people with rift. I run out of mana after unleashing all my spells, not to mention the inability to charge up rift. I dunno for me chalice hasn't been working out too well.

congalong

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleThis View Post
The problem I've found is that without catalyst I don't have the mana to chase people with rift. I run out of mana after unleashing all my spells, not to mention the inability to charge up rift. I dunno for me chalice hasn't been working out too well.
How are you running out of mana so fast? I've only had issues when I teleport around too much and am low on mana. I've never run out of mana when I've been watching my mana before going in.

Dahras

12-05-2009

Ugh... it really takes a few fail games to get used to not having all that early health... thank god I smurfed it (even though my record is pretty fail anyways). Oh well, its getting much better now that I realize that i a) pretty much can't tower-dive until Rylai's and b) need to worry about health>mana now. The good news is that with ignite and cleanse, squishies DIE... fast. You really have to hang back in team fights and wait until the opportune moment to own an important member of their team, but oh can you fulfill that duty.

Kelin

12-06-2009

I end up having both health and mana problems. Altho chalice does give me much needed mana reg it doesn't reg enough to give me enough mana to do combo's. I usually need 2 rifs for a fight (in and out) or even 3 (chase) a null sphere and ofcourse force pulls. Without the sapphire (or catalyst later on) I cannot pull that off.

Besides, the extended tower range, higher tower damage actually is an indirect nerf to kassadin so one needs to have more mana.

I'm testing my own build with fast rod, followed by chalice and death grasp + void staff. Will post later on

kijik

12-06-2009

Senate, you beat me to it, I've been testing lately and I've got a new build that I think, it's the same as my old build effectively, with an earlier rush on RoA, and replacing Mejais with DFG.

basically
Doran's Ring
Catalyst
amp tome
boots->Sorc Shoes
catalyst->RoA
Amp Tome-> Codex
Void Staff
Codex->DFG
Frozen Heart
Zhonya's

it's worked out well for me thus far. Also I've taken Cleanse instead of exhaust.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

Let me clarify some key concepts here, just to get everybody on the same page:

1. Deathfire Grasp is your god. Deathfire Grasp is a party favor no Kassadin should be without. Master the hotkey. Get used to the idea of Lucky Pick being required for Deathfire. Get your Lucky Pick as fast as you can and sit on it for a while, it'll help cheapen the price. This. Item. Is. Key.

2. Speccing Ignite is your god. Dorian's Ring worth of AP on the first use? Check. Scaling into late game? Check. Non-armor reduced DoT? Check. Helpful for picking up those feisty Golem buffs? Check.

3. Deathfire Grasp + Meditation Mastery + Chalice = 27.5 mana per 5. Toss in the Chalice passive? You're going to have over 50 mana per 5 at PLENTY of points in the game. Add that to your mana steal W that you should of been mastering? Any good Kassadin player can stay mana efficient. A golem buff here or there wouldn't be too bad either.

I don't think the mana management is the issue with this build, I think health is the issue. Remember to get some max health runes, they go a long way. If you're having issues surviving, try getting Giant's Belt earlier then later. It's cheaper then Catalyst, it builds into something you need, and it saves you upgrade costs.

JunkRamen

12-06-2009

Quote:
2. Speccing Ignite is your god. Dorian's Ring worth of AP on the first use? Check. Scaling into late game? Check. Non-armor reduced DoT? Check. Helpful for picking up those feisty Golem buffs? Check.
I found that Cleanse has saved me a large number of deaths because as Kassadin the only times I would die is if I'm out of mana or getting stunned. I'm guessing if I had to go with Cleanse, teleport would be the one to drop? Pretty tough decision, with how much Kass has to return to town early on you could be looking at being a level behind mid game.

Dahras

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
I found that Cleanse has saved me a large number of deaths because as Kassadin the only times I would die is if I'm out of mana or getting stunned. I'm guessing if I had to go with Cleanse, teleport would be the one to drop? Pretty tough decision, with how much Kass has to return to town early on you could be looking at being a level behind mid game.
Yeah I've been trying that out too. Ignite got me like 3-4 more kills in a game than not having it (not counting the AP boost, which I can't account for), cleanse saved me 3-4 late game deaths over not having it, and teleport saved me 1-2 early levels over not having it.

All in all I'm not sure which to cut. I think that you have to take ignite, because Kassadin is still so dependent on getting kills as fast as possible after (or even before, if you have a good lane partner) level 6. Teleport really helps you get to level 6, and be able to get the pick and boots 1 without skipping a beat, but I really see cleanse as viable too, so I guess its all personal preference.