Bloodwater's Nami

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King GrimPhenom

03-17-2013

Might have a Zed/Kha'Zix style resurgence

I'm really enjoying his play, and I always thought Nami's Kit was good enough to be top tier

Profeederguy

03-17-2013

what did sona get banned or something?

Cameryn Kyre

03-17-2013

She has been the best support in the meta since her release, no idea why it's taken this long for pro players to catch on to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profeederguy View Post
If you're remotely good at Nami your trading ****s on Sona's while not being as delicate as a melee minion and you can do litterally everything Sona can do.

Double heal (and CHOOSE who gets healed)
Great engage/counter engage ult (FROM SAFE DISTANCE!)
Chain CC that ='s Crescendo
Speed up Allies
Slow enemies and be super disruptive and control the entire fight with proper use of her kit.

Also, she's a mermaid. Mermaids are awesome.

There is no reason to ever pick Sona while Nami exists.

Kind of bitter sweet to me, she's my most played with over 90 games in the S3 Ladder... she might become FotM now. *sigh*

Kyrrion

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profeederguy View Post
Nami was their first pick on the team. I think Nami might be a little under rated now.

Though her E still kinda sucks.

Dante Brimscone

03-17-2013

Nami requires a lot of team coordination to play well, even for a support. Without initiation off her Q, E, and R they're nothing but a waste of mana and cds. It's going to be easier to develop that in an actual team than it will in solo queue.

In solo the thing about Nami is that even if you play a near flawless game unless your team follows up on pretty much everything you do you're kind of useless. I've played what I felt were superb Nami games and, win or lose, all I could think at the end was, "If I had played like that with Sona or Taric or Nunu it would have been 50x easier."

Do I think Nami is better than given credit for? Yes. Do I think she'll see more play in solo because of LCS? Yes. Is she comparable to nuking carries like Zed and Khaz? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameryn Kyre View Post
Kind of bitter sweet to me, she's my most played with over 90 games in the S3 Ladder... she might become FotM now. *sigh*
Ignoring the hipsterness of this, I wouldn't worry. She's too difficult to play to truly go fotm.

ZeroSoulreaver

03-17-2013

inb4 people start to bandwagon yet people have been saying Nami is fun/good for ages and nobody listened.

Roldan813

03-17-2013

inb4 everyone starts saying "I TOLD U NAMI IS GOOD" when they probably haven't been saying anything all along lol

Kirballs1

03-17-2013

I still see her being underplayed,because people are to stubborn to admit they are wrong about Nami.Meanwhile Nami players will continue to Yolo in solo queue like a boss.

RandomGuy928

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

The only problem with Nami is that she needs to land her Q in order to be competitive. So much of her power is tied up in landing that tiny AoE that missing it means that you're pretty much screwed.

Even once she lands it, she's only competitive. It's not like she becomes god-tier if you pull it off; she's simply competitive with other supports (until you miss, and then you're boned again).

Cameryn Kyre

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roldan813 View Post
inb4 everyone starts saying "I TOLD U NAMI IS GOOD" when they probably haven't been saying anything all along lol
Yeah, I've only been spamming her in ranked cuz I think she sucks and is not a competetive pick.

You got me, totally didn't call this months ago.