Elves of LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansaa

03-17-2013

What defines an "elf" is perfect, and pointy ears basically. I just want to establish that.

So, if we read Janna's lore it says she became an avatar of air. She was so good with air magic, it changed her physical appearance and basically turned her into what looks like an elf.

My question is.... More elves? I blame growing up watching LOTR for my elf-obsession, but I've always played any elf I can, whether they're perfect and natural like Legolas/Galadriel or corrupted and dark like the Dunmer in Elder Scrolls.

Not only that, but it could open up tons of lore possibilities. At the top of some mystic Freljord mountain, there is apparently an eternal windstorm (Read Volibears Lore) so I imagine some Barbarian from Freljord could very easily step into that and I dunno, CHANGE.

Sounds cool to me. Opinions?
Attachment 638493Attachment 638495

OriginalA

03-17-2013

There are no elves in LoL.

In LoL, pointy ears basically means that that character has been changed by magic. Janna has it as you said, Morgana gained them when she gained dark magic powers, Evelynn has them (not sure why but the whole point of her character is to be mysterious), Soraka has them and she's something of a demigod or something, Trundle also has them (not sure if that is a troll trait or not), Zilean has them, and Zyra has two pairs of them (more obvious in her artwork where they look more like ears than the leaves on her ingame model).

Birdy51

03-17-2013

Pointed ears in LoL merely means a character that has been deeply changed by magic. I can't recall where I read this, but I remember it from an old Red post.