Riot Art being copied

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lordnewb

03-17-2013

The Facebook game Wartune Official Game has been using Riot splash art. I saw a post earlier with Brand's splash art being used, and attached I have screenshots of them using Frozen Shen's splash art, as advertised on my Facebook.

Just an alert in the case of copyright infringement going on here.

MetalMichael

03-17-2013

First of all, those screenshots are very small. Actually, it doesn't look like Shen's splash art. What it looks like is more of a Sub-Zero character because that's what Shen's skin is based on. That's why I bought that skin; I grew up with Mortal Kombat.

I have a strong possibility that it's original artwork from an unoriginal source (again, frozen ninja Sub-Zero). Zynga, known for their Facebook games, rips off other tiles like Harvest Moon (Farmville), SimCity (Simville), etc. This doesn't surprise me that another game making company releasing on Facebook does the same. At least it's not as bad as China, they know how to steal and not be subtle at the same time.

JudoPunch

03-17-2013

True story, they used brands artwork in an Ad i saw. I sent an email to support@ritogames.com

Zyrxil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMichael View Post
First of all, those screenshots are very small. Actually, it doesn't look like Shen's splash art. What it looks like is more of a Sub-Zero character because that's what Shen's skin is based on. That's why I bought that skin; I grew up with Mortal Kombat.

I have a strong possibility that it's original artwork from an unoriginal source (again, frozen ninja Sub-Zero). Zynga, known for their Facebook games, rips off other tiles like Harvest Moon (Farmville), SimCity (Simville), etc. This doesn't surprise me that another game making company releasing on Facebook does the same. At least it's not as bad as China, they know how to steal and not be subtle at the same time.

No, it definitely is Shen. A big clue are the swords on his back, which Sub-zero certainly doesn't have. Also, I simply recognize it- it's the Chinese art for Frozen Shen, seen here:
http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...zenSkin_Ch.jpg

MemoryLapse

03-18-2013

I came here to report this too. Ive seen brand shen and Morde being used by Wartune.

MetalMichael

03-19-2013

PPfft. I don't play the Chinese version, but here's the fun part after I did research on Wartune.

Wartune is owned by, wait for it, a Chinese company (located in Hong Kong) Reality Squared Games (R2games). They don't care about US copyright laws, and will use models/artwork without permission. Your concern is noted, but forget it. It's China. United States copyright laws mean nothing there.

There's this game, Final Combat, which was made from ripped Team Fortress 2 and another game, and models are slightly alerted. It's so obvious though.

owlmazing

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMichael View Post
There's this game, Final Combat, which was made from ripped Team Fortress 2 and another game, and models are slightly alerted. It's so obvious though.
Is it just me or does final combat look better than tf2?