Mordekaiser compared to other health champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
morde always trades up on his lane opponent. that cant be said of others, and that's where his advantage lies.
So does Heimer, AND Heimer's health regenerates constantly... that doesn't make him a good champ though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oz SammyD X

Senior Member

03-20-2013

His abilities need to cost HP otherwise he would be Overpowered, he would be able to spam spells all day meanwhile you cannot do any damage to him whatsoever, yeah removing the HP cost is out of the question.


I think because of S3 it might be ok to increase the shield amount LATE game, this should help Mord out or the other option would be to give him a stun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Yeah, you can't take the cost off, or he would be able to sustain strong harass and farm in lane forever, I do like the idea of giving it some spell vamp though, on top of the armor and resist, it would make up for some of the cost of that ability, but not too much early game, and late game it would scale well with his AP to make it more useful as he gears up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
So does Heimer, AND Heimer's health regenerates constantly... that doesn't make him a good champ though
Heimer trades late game effectiveness for a stronger early game. Mord, on the other hand, is actually quite good late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
You shouldn't have to buy spell vamp to be viable though. This is why they recently changed Akali's passive. It's a bad mechanic to force players to build certain items or take certain runes and masteries. Buying spell vamp should be a choice - just like on any other champion.
except he doesn't have to it's just good for him u could go glass cannon and ignore the hp costs since they become irrelavent outside of laning anyways.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thubgar

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
So does Heimer, AND Heimer's health regenerates constantly... that doesn't make him a good champ though
no, he doesn't. and i never said it made morde good.
what it does do is offset the costs of his abilities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
Heimer trades late game effectiveness for a stronger early game. Mord, on the other hand, is actually quite good late game.
Heimer trades any sense of a balanced late game for a kit that was overnerfed because his early game was too good, because his abilities really don't let you trade with him in lane at all... He was never designed or intended to be anywhere near as weak as he is late right now... they were just forced to nerf all the numbers and ranges on all his abilities drastically to make it even possible to beat him in lane, when he was already considered weak late game.

Riot's been saying he's broken, unbalanceable and in need of a rework, all the way since back in S1, when they made these nerfs. There is no way they can buff him, no way they can make his early game really make up for how bad his late game is, and no way to make his late game any better or even comparable to other champs who are good in lane but fall off late, without making his early game totally overpowered.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

agbudar

Senior Member

03-20-2013

no offence guys but the weak early game mordekaiser has will severely impede his late game if he can't farm because the enemy decided lets poke him to death with a duel top (and in the case of mordekaiser it will work) you poke poke poke zo mordy is outzoned then the second guy with ganking ability goes into jungle and goes ganking everyone top lane for morde is lost and if the enemy team was any smart theyd simply lock their lanes till they get the confirmation from their team that mordekaiser is out.

there mordekaiser effectively turned into a deadweight.
ow btw ganks from jungle wont work cuz morde will have too low a health to actually assist his jungler in any way.
basic setup that can achieve this is teemo and anyone with a gapcloser/ slow or stun.
at this point teemo remains in lane bulies morde to oblivion and wins the lane with superior farm (it was free after all)

jayce can do the trick as well so can a lot of melee champs at this point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbudar View Post
no offence guys but the weak early game mordekaiser has will severely impede his late game if he can't farm because the enemy decided lets poke him to death with a duel top (and in the case of mordekaiser it will work) you poke poke poke zo mordy is outzoned then the second guy with ganking ability goes into jungle and goes ganking everyone top lane for morde is lost and if the enemy team was any smart theyd simply lock their lanes till they get the confirmation from their team that mordekaiser is out.

there mordekaiser effectively turned into a deadweight.
ow btw ganks from jungle wont work cuz morde will have too low a health to actually assist his jungler in any way.
basic setup that can achieve this is teemo and anyone with a gapcloser/ slow or stun.
at this point teemo remains in lane bulies morde to oblivion and wins the lane with superior farm (it was free after all)

jayce can do the trick as well so can a lot of melee champs at this point.
So you think that Mord should be able to 1v2 at low level? The number of champs who can survive and farm in a 1v2 lane is actually quite small.

Besides which, all Mord has to do is survive long enough that his jungler knocks down one of the other lanes. It shouldn't be too hard as being the only team with a jungler is a huge advantage. Or Mord's jungler could just come and camp Mord's lane making it a 2v2. This strategy is hardly foolproof and it isn't any more effective against Mord than it is against most solo lane champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awfully Beast

Senior Member

03-20-2013

All the "health champs" you just mentioned dont have a shield that absorbs 620 damage at level 18. Buy a hextech revolver with the shield then add a rylais. then come back here and tell me who can 1v1 you.