Mordekaiser compared to other health champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

03-17-2013

Compared to Olaf, Mundo, Vladimir and Zac, Mordekaiser is the only health-cost champion who cannot heal himself without fighting an enemy champion. Olaf has the passive life steal and spell vamp (which work on minions); Mundo's innate ultimate doesn't require him to fight at all; Vlad can transfuse minions; and Zac's Cell Division works on minions too. Mordekaiser's only healing ability is a fairly long cooldown, healing over time ability.

In my opinion, since the nerf to his shield (which previously mitigated his costs entirely) - his costs should either be entirely removed, or he needs another healing ability.

Some proposals (feel free to hate them):
- Creeping Death now gains a passive: "Mordekaiser gains 10 / 13 / 16 / 19 / 22 % spell vamp".
- Creeping Death now grants spell vamp in addition to armor and magic resist (and is now a free ability)
- Creeping Death has a built-in healing effect when it deals damage (and is now a free ability)

Greenlee19

03-17-2013

Mords health costs are the least of his worries overall in his kit. You get hextech and he is fine after that (hp wise) its the fact that he has no escape (minus flash) and can be easily kited thats where his issues are

Vhaegor

03-17-2013

I would much rather have some a stun on the person he hits with his mace, I mean look at that thing how does that not fase someone. or maybe a slow on his W if you put it on an enemy. he is literally the only champion with no CC at all.

Jalkan

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhaegor View Post
I would much rather have some a stun on the person he hits with his mace, I mean look at that thing how does that not fase someone. or maybe a slow on his W if you put it on an enemy. he is literally the only champion with no CC at all.
Master yi? Katarina?

3mptylord

03-17-2013

You shouldn't have to buy spell vamp to be viable though. This is why they recently changed Akali's passive. It's a bad mechanic to force players to build certain items or take certain runes and masteries. Buying spell vamp should be a choice - just like on any other champion.

awkwardbowman

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhaegor View Post
To make this more accurate, no CC AND no escape.

lightandarkness

03-17-2013

the thing about mord he was suppose to be a brick a lane bully. When they nerf his shielding they nerf his laning phase. Imagine if someone reduce the healing done by yorick ghoul by half. When they nerf him, they should of buff his late game up.

3mptylord

03-17-2013

They did buff Morderkaiser's late game. It went from 25% to 30% against champions and 15% against minions. That's a buff in team fights. But it means that his health depletes far too quickly in fights early game.

Teh Cuddlez

03-17-2013

I just wish they would buff his shielding late game now. The new system makes him super super squishy and the only way to have presence in fight is to build him glass cannon. Unless you get lucky with your ult on their adc, he's kind of useless.

lightandarkness

03-17-2013

riot could make his ability scale on hp but his ult might make him op