team "cute" vs. team "manly" (team composition analysis)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dpaladinx

03-17-2013

I'm want to have a nice discussion on team composition based on particular theme. Here, I want to discuss some strategies on what to do to win, what item builds are best suited for them, and the pros and cons of the team composition. Here is a team consisting of "cute" champions vs a team of "manly" champions. Here is the team composition for each team.

Team "cute":

Top: Teemo
Mid: Fizz
Jungle: Amumu
ADC: Tristana
Support: Lulu

--vs.--

Team "manly"

Top: Darius
Mid: Pantheon
Jungle: Jarvan IV
ADC: Draven
Support: Taric

Anyways tell me what you think of the pros and cons of each team and the item builds they should be going to ensure victory. This is not a discussion about champion characteristics, as the champions that I chose that fit into the theme is based on my own opinion (for the record, I consider Graves and Taric to be "manly" as well, the later in a more fabulous way). I discuss my analysis and opinion in a later post.

Namehobo

03-18-2013

I was going to say Team Cute would win, then I saw Draven as the ADC and the cute team's chances got thrown out of the window.

Dpaladinx

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namehobo View Post
I was going to say Team Cute would win, then I saw Draven as the ADC and the cute team's chances got thrown out of the window.
Well, you do make a good point. Draven is an early game ADC bully, but like most ADC early game bullies, they fall flat late game. However, if you look at team composition of team "manly," they tend to have strong early/mid game dominance with very weak late games (except Pantheon, who has good late game scaling, but so does Fizz. But Fizz has the weakest early game when compared to a lot of assassins while Pantheon's early game is quite strong). Team "cute" is more late game oriented (particularly with Tristana) and long autoattack range has more value in team fights and late game than burst damage (Draven puts more emphasis on burst damage with his axes and using Spinning Axe). Bottom and mid will definitely for team cute will definitely need to play more defensively while team manly can play more offensively. Both Teemo and Darius are good early game bullies, but Teemo has the upper hand due to his blind and being ranged. Amumu will definitely need to gank more at bottom and mid (particularly bottom). Because team manly's composition is mostly physical damage, Amumu should build a lot of health and armor. If Jarvan IV does not want to get screwed late game Tristana, he should rush Randuin's and Frozen Heart as his first items (a smart Tristana player will counter Thornmail with BotRK/BT and Last Whisper, so rushing Thornmail will be a bad idea), however, this leads Jarvan more vulnerable to Fizz's magic damage burst and Teemo's poison. Darius should avoid building high health and instead focus on building a mix of health and armor penetration items because a Tristana player will most likely build BotRK as her second or first item. Lulu should be built a little tanky due to the fact that Amumu is the only tank in team cute whihle team manly is more tanky. Teemo should consider building a hybrid DPS bruiser with a lot of attack speed instead of flat AP (since building him flat AP makes him more vulnerable and the shrooms will only serve as utility). Draven should build a lot of critical damage and attack damage and some attack speed over flat armor penetration because this is where he does most of the damage. Team manly should try to win as early as possible since Draven is going to fall flat late game while Tristana will shine more. Team cute should play more defensively with Amumu trying to gank as much as possible.

Apparently, this is my analysis of the team composition.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

How dare you put Taric on the manly team.

(Someone please teach the guy above me about spacing.)

Dpaladinx

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
How dare you put Taric on the manly team.

(Someone please teach the guy above me about spacing.)
Well which support YOU think is manly?

I Only Jungle

03-18-2013

Alistar. You CANNOT have taric on a manly team XD

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpaladinx View Post
Well which support YOU think is manly?
Alistar, as mentioned above, Thresh, Fiddlesticks, Blitzcrank, Galio, SHEN, Volibear, Zilean are all CONVENTIONAL supports who are manlier than Taric.

Lord Puppy Fury

03-18-2013

I'd give the edge to Team Cute. Team Manly's armor auras aren't worth much versus the AP heavy Team Cute. Plus, Team Manly is pure physical damage. One or more Randuin's and a lot of their pain is mitigated.

mattme12

03-18-2013

Team cute for sure. As long as they play defensively early, they can kill the manly team late game for sure.

Durzaka

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
Alistar. You CANNOT have taric on a manly team XD

Taric is a very many man. That is like saying Draven isnt manly.

On top, as already mentioned, team "manly" is a very strong early game comp, but if they dont push that advantage then team "cute" is going to crush them late game.