Jayce and Viktor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Aether

03-17-2013

Hellooooo Lore Forums!

I'm the old Jayce RPer (I know you lot don't like our kind in here, but i'm here to discuss lore), and I've been talking with the old Viktor RPer recently. We've had a chat going about Jayce and Viktor's plot development, and our hypothesis is that:

Jayce and Viktor are brothers.

Okay, let me explain this as fully as I possibly can:

First off here are the lores of the two:

Jayce

Quote:
Armed with wit, charm, and his signature transforming hammer, Jayce lives to protect his native Piltover. Long before his nation called him a hero, however, he was a promising young inventor. When Piltover commissioned him to study a rare arcane crystal, Jayce discovered it could be used as a vast energy source. Eager to make a name for himself, he began developing a device to harness its power. Word of the crystal's potential reached beyond the borders of Piltover. Viktor, the machine-augmented scientist from Zaun, brought Jayce an offer – together, they could use the crystal to advance his "glorious evolution," a vision of humanity fused with technology. Jayce refused, but the Zaunite had no intention of leaving empty handed. He effortlessly blasted Jayce aside and seized the crystal, incinerating the lab's meager security force as he left for Zaun. Jayce implored the Piltover government to respond, but the officials refused to support an act of aggression. He decided to act alone, realizing that if no one struck back, Piltover would never be safe.

Jayce returned to the lab to prepare for his attack. After intense research, development, and hands-on testing, he emerged with his crowning achievement –the Mercury Hammer. Weapon in hand, Jayce marched to Zaun and began his one-man assault. Viktor's acolytes rushed to stop him, but Jayce smashed them aside, fighting his way into the heart of the lab. Inside, Jayce saw the horrifying brilliance of Viktor's creations, all powered by the energy of the arcane crystal. He realized that his only option was to destroy the power source, but Viktor stood in his way. Though their clash left both scientists heavily wounded, Jayce managed a desperate strike at the crystal. He shattered it and escaped as Viktor's machines erupted in flames. When he returned home, exhausted but victorious, the citizens of Piltover hailed Jayce as a hero. He reveled in the adoration, but knew that his actions had drawn the attention of dangerous enemies. Now devoted to the defense of his people, Jayce is Piltover's best hope for a bright future.

"Trust me: if we're smart, Piltover can stand strong against any threat. Hey, I'm living proof."
―Jayce
(I think this is the old lore, but it's enough to draw conclusions from.)

Viktor

Quote:
Early in life, Viktor discovered his passion for science and invention, particularly in the field of mechanical automation. He attended Zaun's prestigious College of Techmaturgy and led the team that constructed Blitzcrank, a scientific breakthrough that he expected to vault him to the top of his profession. Unfortunately his triumph was usurped by Professor Stanwick, who stole credit for developing Blitzcrank's sentience and later used Viktor's research to revive Urgot. Viktor's appeals for justice fell on deaf ears, and he sank into a deep depression. He withdrew from the College and barricaded himself in his private laboratory, cutting all human ties. There, in secret, he conceived a project for which nobody else could claim credit. Desiring both to revolutionize his field and to eliminate the jealous human emotions which festered inside him, he engineered parts to replace and improve his own body.

When Viktor re-emerged, almost no trace of the original man remained. Not only had he supplanted the majority of his anatomy, but his personality had changed. His previous hope to better society was replaced by an obsession with what he called "the glorious evolution." He saw himself as the patron and pioneer of Valoran's future, a future in which man would renounce his flesh in favor of superior hextech augmentations. Though Viktor's initial appeals were met with heavy skepticism, scientists were confounded by the sophistication of his machinery. By integrating his mind with techmaturgical devices, he had been able to drastically accelerate the progress of his research. His transformation had stripped him of what he perceived as his emotional weaknesses, but there was some lingering residue of resentment against the Professor. Viktor joined the League of Legends to pit his inventions against the greatest opponents Valoran could offer, and to correct any weaknesses or inefficiencies that remained.

"In one's hand, techmaturgy is a tool. As one's hand, it is liberation."
―Viktor
Alright, here are the arguments so far:

Jayce
  • Jayce is a "native" Piltovian, so if Viktor is his brother, Viktor must be Piltovian by birth.
  • Jayce stays in Piltover, so nothing special must have happened
  • Jayce still regards Viktor as the enemy, so something must have happened to make Jayce forget about his brother, likely he was still an infant.
  • Jayce shares his love for technology with Viktor, despite their differences

Viktor
  • Viktor is in Zaun, so something must have happened to cause them to be seperated.
  • There is no hint in the lore that Viktor was born in Zaun.
  • The Viktor RPer's current interpretation
  • Viktor shares a similar physique to Jayce (at least to me)

Our Theory:

Jayce and Viktor were born as fraternal twins. One day, as they were still in the maternity ward, a few Zaunites snuck in to steal some children for their experiment. One of those children was the young Viktor. They were being taken to Zaun, to be used in an experiment that would change these young Piltovian lives forever.

The Experiment:

Led by rookie scientist, Stanwick Piddly, he hoped to create an experiment to monitor the intelligence growth of Zaunite and Piltovian children. Using an experimental substance hoping to increase intellect, Viktor was exposed to monitoring in an orphanage for a long time.

In one test that the researchers gave, they asked all the children to fix a toy. None of the children managed to fix the toy, except for Viktor. It was obvious that Viktor had grown the most in intellect, and they put Viktor to work with an inventor. There, Viktor's interests in mechanisms was born. The inventor tried to teach Viktor everything he knew, and Viktor soon became a lot more promising than the inventor, and he was placed in the College of Techmaturgy immediately. The inventor passed away, leaving the blue scarf as a memento.

Quote:
".....uh?" The seemingly unconscious Viktor stirred from his apparent slumber, lifting his head only enough from his arms on his desk to look up, drowsy, at his teacher, who seemed rather cross with him for some reason he couldn't comprehend. "Oh, you know....I love the assignments you give us..." he began, rubbing his right eye with the appropriate hand, balled into a fist. "But you make them so easy that even a brain-dead Peace-nik could do them." This bold statement drew the eyes of Viktor's peers, who all stared at him in a mixture of astonishment and dread.
As seen here, it's noticeable that Viktor, although very bright, was lazy and never

What happened and why:

Stanwick, now a mentor to Viktor, was always there to help Viktor. He led Viktor through years of technology, creating scientific breakthroughs, until the creation of Blitzcrank...

Stanwick decided it was time to betray his creation. He knew that if Viktor was let out like this, he would become a revolutionary genius, even greater than Stanwick. He grew jealous, and tried to steal the credit of creating Blitzcrank, only to succeed, leaving Viktor to doubt his whole life leading up to now.

He was in shock, until he realized that the he could only do one thing, turn to his one true friend: Techmaturgy. He was cooped up in his private lab, enduring the pains of augmenting himself.

When he came out, everyone was stuck in awe. Viktor's work has completely revolutionized the field of Techmaturgy.

And so began... the Glorious Evolution.

Jayce

(My interpretation)

Jayce however, is a different story. Despite not being experimented on, Jayce's intellect was extremely high as well, a born genius. He never paid attention in class, but he was always the life of the party, and knew what to do. It was obvious that his future was bright and promising.

His parents never told Jayce about Viktor. It would never be revealed, now that they have passed away, so this whole affair would remain secret to the two.

The Battle:

In the event that Viktor confronted Jayce, he was overcome with a familiar feeling, but he just couldn't put his finger on it. He politely declined Viktor's offer, but Viktor was furious. The raid on Jayce's lab was devastating, but Jayce soon fought back.

This became more common, until recently. Ever since Jayce joined the League of Legends, Viktor saw him as nothing more than an obstacle to the GE, and decided not to bother with him anymore. He could just kill Jayce whenever he wanted to, on the Fields of Justice.

That's all we discussed for now.
So, Lore forums, what do you think?
I'm open to ideas, so I hope you will be too!

(Remember, this thing is based on canon lore, as well as our interpretations of when we RPed the two. We only discussed a bit, so I added in my views too. I hope to discuss more about this.

If you want to give me feedback privately,

Add me, or add the Viktor RPer: Script Lord)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Qinn View Post
Okay, I feel like I may not have given enough information on why I posted this here

Currently, me and Script have been RPing actively on a forum known as Maelstrom. I'm Jayce, he's Viktor. Now, things have been really boring around interactions with Jayce and Vik, and we wanted to spice things up with a plot twist. We're asking for feedback on how to develop our ideas, How to make this work, not trying to integrate this into people's mind that "omg Jayce x Viktor 5eva".

Now most of you may not like RPing, but we find it fun in a sense, and a plot twist like this would certainly make things interesting . The main citystates are out having fun, why can't we?
EDIT: New Idea from Script Lord
Quote:
Anyways
I have something new for ya
What if that inventor that took Viktor in was actually an accomplice?
In my head, what happened was that this inventor knew about the experiment
And after having spent so much time with Viktor, started feeling guilty
At some point he confronted Stanwick and shared these sentiments
To the point that he expressed an intent to tell Viktor the truth about his past
But Stanwick didn't want this, as the charade would be lost, and so he engineered the "accident" that claimed the inventor's life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
Firstly, I'd like to point out that I honestly don't care for your opinion of our plot twist, nor would I have ever asked you for any input on the matter. Secondly, I'd like to simply state that all you've pointed out thus far is mere conjecture and based upon your own personal bias (I know you have ties to Riven elsewhere, having read your posts in the RP forum to that acting Riven RPer). But, I will digress and throw myself on the grill to address your issues.

Viktor offered Jayce the opportunity to work with him towards the Glorious Evolution, one which was already rejected and led to the two's falling out. Now, you state that Viktor wouldn't compromise on his designs, and you'd be right but you seem to ignoring some key things that I've pointed out. This I will argue in my next paragraph, but I will conclude by pointing out that Viktor approached Jayce as a stranger - as someone who had endured the hardships of Zaun's harsh environment to become something all his own. He approached Jayce under the impression that they were merely "Zaunite" and "Piltovian".

Now, there are many factors to my portrayal of Viktor, the most important being that Viktor was raised in an orphanage for a great deal of his life, thus he never knew his parents/family. Now, Viktor's been alone and never had anyone he could truly call "family", so he's grown up under the impression that he's his own person and he must succeed of his own accord. He never had the need for familial ties and so devoted himself to his interests, which drove him onward without any deviation. But ultimately, deep down, everyone cares about their family, even if they can't stand them/get along with them. Flesh and blood is a bond you can never destroy, so who are you to turn away such a powerful motivator for character relationships?

Now, on to the next factor. Viktor's been heavily jaded by Zaun and its people, having had to deal with difficult environmental hazards and when he was to become a scion of his people it was snatched from him by a man he had trusted. Jayce may be everything Viktor once wanted to be, but Viktor isn't the sort of person to dwell on the past. He's the sort of person that can adapt to any given situation, to deal with it accordingly and continue down his path. In my portrayal of Viktor, he's even gone so far as to give up on humanity and seek only to lead people to becoming one with technology. He doesn't care about anyone or anything, save for his goal and its realization. And besides, everyone, without exception, is susceptible to reacting to sudden and shocking news. Even someone who's as far removed from his emotions as Viktor would have to seriously consider the weight of what he strives for if he found out who his true family was. To this end, I've merely sought to entertain the notion that Jayce and Viktor are secretly blood related. It would provide a significant moral and philosophical dilemma to both characters.

Tell me, how would you feel if you found out that the person you had sworn to defeat/eliminate was actually your blood relation? And even more than that, that this person shared your passion (in this case, invention)? It would certainly test the very fiber of your being, would it not? It would pit your ideals and your motivations against your very soul, would it not? Viktor hasn't lost his soul, as far as anyone is aware, and has simply been hardened by his experiences from growing up in Zaun. As far as my portrayal goes, he's still every bit the tragic figure that his lore attempts to paint him as.

Valorans Outlaw

03-17-2013

The one thing I don't like is that they were BOTH lazy in their classwork whilst studying, and I don't like (but I can see it) Jayce living the life of the party.

Other than that, it seems alright.

shadooklaw

03-17-2013

It seems a bit far-fetched, but I like it Also can't find anything against it, just not a lot going for it.

Great Aether

03-17-2013

Well, the fact that they are both rivals is good enough evidence against it..

Great Aether

03-17-2013

Bump

Great Aether

03-17-2013

I guess the reason people don't want to check this is because the title is too generic...

Cerubois

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Qinn View Post
I guess the reason people don't want to check this is because the title is too generic...
You're comparing the activity level of the RP Forums to the Lore Forums.

Things move slower here. :P

I don't mean to just bash an idea, but I personally think this is waaaay too hypothetical to be plausible. There's absolutely nothing in the lore to suggest they're blood-related. You could just as easily say that Jayce and Vi are siblings.

On a side note, I think we have too many sibling pairs in the League already. Throwing in another just for the heck of it would really put me off. :/

Script Lord

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
You're comparing the activity level of the RP Forums to the Lore Forums.

Things move slower here. :P

I don't mean to just bash an idea, but I personally think this is waaaay too hypothetical to be plausible. There's absolutely nothing in the lore to suggest they're blood-related. You could just as easily say that Jayce and Vi are siblings.

On a side note, I think we have too many sibling pairs in the League already. Throwing in another just for the heck of it would really put me off. :/
You don't have to agree or even approve of it. This is just a plot twist that Jayce (the OP) and I are working on in the other forum.

Great Aether

03-17-2013

I am not suggesting that this must be true.
I am suggesting the possibility.

I'm not some fanboy who ships ridiculous pairings or implausible theories, I try to support what I propose with all the evidence or speculations I have in my arsenal.

Script Lord

03-17-2013

^ ^ ^

I concur with the above. We do not intend our machinations to be absolutely true across all mediums, just that it is plausible and at the very least can very well be the case on the forum in which we are both active.