Can anyone deal with Diana in bottom lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardRAWKR View Post
I've had success with Brand. Until 6 you dominate, and once you get Wooglet's all you have to do is land stun and ult and minion bounces+burn should finish the job.
Easier said than done. I see a few things happening.

If you try to prime your stun with an E, you get within range for her crescent thing and her dash. She will be on you before you can land your Q. If it misses, you die.

If you try to prime the stun with a W, you might outrange her crescent, but you still have to lane your Q. If it misses, she has a free all in and theres nothing you can do.

If you read her crescent strike and put your W down right in front of you so it hits her after her dash, she will still probably get out her knock up before you can throw it out. If you hit her, you have to retreat anyway because she just did 60% of your HP in damage.

Also, she can farm a nashor's before you get a wooglets. This means she can 100-0 you first, and if you rush wooglets, you will continue to be 100-0'd because you have no mitigation.

Also also, if you use your ult to kill her, that means it goes on cooldown for 100 seconds or however long it is. The CD on her ult is 25 seconds at rank 1. She will always have it up, and once you spend your ult you have to hug your point until it comes back up. Even then she can kill you so fast that the turret won't help.

I honestly don't see the matchup going in Brand's favor unless you are WAY better than the Diana player to begin with.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

i'd go with nocturne. im not great with him but my friend uses him often bot with great success. he can spell shield her q and deny her for over half the game.

Palladine

03-17-2013

I play as Diana quite a bit bot lane. I have the most trouble with tanky champions, such as Maokai, Nunu and Darius, mostly because the combination of defensive abilities and CC mitigates most of my damage. Spirit Visage is a pretty effective counter-item against her, since it provides HP, MR, sustain through amplifed healing and CDR that helps you use your own abilities more against her.

I find that Diana is extremely effective against bot champions who are also AP, are squishy in general, or who depend on kiting to win lanes.

If the enemy champion gets hit with a Q, they not only have to deal with getting R'd onto, but now in order to get away, also have to mitigate her E and another R. Diana has multiple gap closers, so being tanky enough or having enough sustain to beat her in a fight is generally a better overall strategy than just relying on dodging her Q.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-17-2013

Nasus?

Quincunx

03-17-2013

I've beaten Diana with Nasus and Lee Sin before. Kayle can't do it, since she can't harass Diana through her shield, can't kill her in 3 seconds, and can't block any essential component of Diana's damage with her ult (unlike Syndra, for example).

You do need to build somewhat tanky to survive against Diana.

MMKH

03-17-2013

I guess try Irelia bot. She has sustain and can stun if your health gets lower than Diana's. Xin might be able to duel her too.

HaIfhearted

03-17-2013

I think Riven just straight-up outscales her.
Every time I've seen a Diana vs Riven, the Diana is playing scared under her own tower after about 10 minutes or so, and she never comes back out.

SuperQuackDuck

03-17-2013

Riven eats diana. Her shield being up faster and absorbing an insane amount of damage is part of it. Not to mention that diana's passive needs to be timed in order to make good use of it in a duel.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

Get Xin. As a Diana player, Diana's main weakness is sustained damage, especially if her shield's baited.

I've tested and beaten a few Jayces with my time. A properly built Jayce vs. a properly built-for-Jayce Diana means that the fights can go either way depending on who lands what first (more specifically, if Diana blows her Pale Cascade after he lands his first attack).

Xin Zhao destroys her, Jax does too depending on whether or not he uses his counter-strike to bait her into a stun. Kayle can hold her own but if her Intervention's on CD...well she's going to have a rough time.

Riven's a bit of a cakewalk, the only time as Diana I'm scared of her is when she attempts to blow her ult while I'm whomping her but a quick side dodge makes disposal of Riven hard xD Don't believe the hype!

ZallKlos

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
Get Xin. As a Diana player, Diana's main weakness is sustained damage, especially if her shield's baited.
Not too sure, did you try Thornmaill? Will scale with MPen.

Get a bruiser like Vi or Xin, ignore minions and jump on her.