Can anyone deal with Diana in bottom lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

03-17-2013

I was playing bot today, once as Brand and once as Morde, both times with a Diana on the other team. Put shortly, I got my ass majorly whooped. She was able to 100-0 me with just a nashor's tooth and a prospector's ring. Nothing I could do against her with either champion. I constantly see people on my team get destroyed by Diana in bot.

Are there any champions that can deal with Diana? Not straight up beat, but at the very least can deal with her bull**** long enough to not die immediately upon re-entering lane. Also, are there any items that are especially good for mitigating her damage?

I understand that standard mages like Brand and Morde don't fare well against assassins in general, but I feel that no champion can possibly amass enough bulk to survive against Diana or enough damage to out-duel her 1v1 by the time she can farm a nashor's tooth, which is a very short amount of time if she is bot. Halp pls.

XYHN

03-17-2013

Diana is a tanky derp assassin bursty person. Generally if you die to a 1v1 ish hero bot lane and they start snowballing you're in for a bad time.

Kayle will probably be just fine. Kayle 1v1 OP. Use ult laugh at burst. Do tons of damage to her with your E and Q. Jax is probably fine too. Jayce is fine too. Jayce beats everybody as far as I can tell.

Stack lots of MR vs Diana. Hexdrinker is good. Lifesteal is good too later. She can't really disengage. Nobody beats Jax in a long duel and he's tanky. Dueling Kayle is also retarded. Dodge her skill shot. Try to kill her before level 6. She is weaker then. The 3 heroes I've listed are stronger than her at 6. Jayce is weaker at 6. His ult is basically useless.

Good luck!

Shoopman

03-17-2013

Cool, thanks for the tips. I have both Kayle and Jax so I'll give them a try. How would Kha'zix fare pre and post 6? I'm looking into him as my next buy.

Volandum

03-17-2013

Kayle loses. Jax actually loses too. Riven's shield is stronger, and she wins. Jayce will often actually lose. Nunu can hold for a long time. Apparently Garen does quite well.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

jax and heimer have a pretty fair chance at beating her as long s jax is making sure of dodging her third proc and heimer is stacking mr and pen. although the best way is to try and abuse her pre-6.

hope it helps you

Talith PA

03-17-2013

Kog Maw!

konfetarius

03-17-2013

Diana is basically the top dog of AP duelists. Supreme damage output, top tier burst, top tier defense via W. She will eventually beat every single tank and AP in the game because she gets to the point where she doesn't need to land a Q->R combo to kill you.

There are some evenish lanes that can be won or stalemated based on your skill. Things like Urgot, Kog'maw, Jax, Nocturne, Nasus (haven't played those in a while, gotta test again). Olaf used to be able to do it, but I think the nerfs broke him.

Riven? Interesting idea, would have to see it work.

Malah

03-17-2013

I can at least stalemate the lane with Kayle. Diana can't touch her before 6 and if you can get a gold lead by zoning or getting a kill you can keep her from stomping on your face after that. If she opts to go Nashors, Exhaust is your best friend. Diana might be one of the times you actually want AD over AP considering you really want that LS to match her shield defense, but even without that you can kite her in circles before 6 and pray you get a gank afterwards to put you in the gold lead. Once she gets gold you generally don't want to go near her without Intervention up unless you are supremely confident you can mind-trip her out enough to dodge her Q's, because if you don't have that up to mitigate her ability to toss out half your health in the time it takes her to land her first auto, you're boned.

Genericke

03-17-2013

I've had surprisingly good luck with Syndra - assuming you can dodge her qs or back off in time so she can't ult you.
. Diana will never be able to dive Syndra safely, and Syndra is never going to lose her turret to a minion wave. I recently managed to destroy a Diana with her, who ended up stacking MR + Wooglet's to avoid my ult. Worked surprisingly well.

SFG mAEtb0y

03-17-2013

I've had success with Brand. Until 6 you dominate, and once you get Wooglet's all you have to do is land stun and ult and minion bounces+burn should finish the job.