Top lane arsenal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Megzakad

03-16-2013

Hello, currently I main top lane, and my two favorite champions are Renekton and Riven. One thing I dislike about them though, is how they are both similar in which champions counter them. (Garen is particular is someone who gives me trouble top lane) So I'm looking for a third champion I can learn that will round out my top lane preferences. I was thinking Jayce, for his strong laning presence from his ranged harass, but I was just wondering if there were any other stronger champions I might want to consider before I start practicing with Jayce.

GrimFate56

03-16-2013

it all depends on your play style, based of riven and renekton you seem to like your gap closers (tripple slash and renektons double dash)

althought most people play her jungle you could try vi out (assuming you own her) otherwise ask sombody else i main ap mids XD

Tim Allen Talon

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megzakad View Post
Hello, currently I main top lane, and my two favorite champions are Renekton and Riven. One thing I dislike about them though, is how they are both similar in which champions counter them. (Garen is particular is someone who gives me trouble top lane) So I'm looking for a third champion I can learn that will round out my top lane preferences. I was thinking Jayce, for his strong laning presence from his ranged harass, but I was just wondering if there were any other stronger champions I might want to consider before I start practicing with Jayce.
Jax is worth learning he brings everything to the table
Elise is good at top and can wreck alot of the common top picks
Kayle is overall good and brings nice damage and utility
And yorick

powwder

03-16-2013

why not learn garen then. darius would be good too. they fit that "bully" style that you seem to like (rene and riven are bullies in lane)

missou

03-17-2013

Cho'Gath's nice to learn as a safe pick if it's a blind pick normal or if you're picking before the enemy top laner in ranked. There's noone who can really take him a Cho out of the game in lane. The combination of his sustain and tankiness renders him unkillable in lane once he hits level 7ish.
Even if he falls behind and gets outtraded badly, or if he's against a ranged champion like Kayle, he can build some AP and mana regen to just farm with his rupture and feral scream, which are both very strong waveclear skills that can be cast at a range. So Cho never reaches that zoned-out-can't-even-farm state that some melee bruisers do.
Decent gank escape tools with his Q+W, and also great synergy with his own jungler ganks due to Q+W+R.
Even if you do somehow fall immensely behind, you'll always contribute something in teamfights, since Q and W are such strong utility spells.