AP rune question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Templore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

I've thought thru it alot but if someone can settle this question i'd be thankful.

Most of the time i'm playing AP tanky champions but I dabble in caster AP champs, I'm alittle torn by which quints to get magic pen or flat AP ones.

I feel like I get enough AP thru my marks and thru items to cover what I need so magic pen could be abit more effective to my builds....but on the other hand flat AP would just make me more deadly overall I guess.

If someone could let me know which one is more effective or if I should splash the two together i'd appreciate it.

Demither

03-16-2013

If you have AP marks, you may be better off going for MP quintessences. Personally, I do the opposite (MP marks and AP quintessences), and it works well, so I can't imagine why that wouldn't work.

Early game magic penetration is pretty useful, since most of your opponents aren't likely to have much MR that early on.

Templore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

That's a good point bout early game, I didn't even think of that.