Slow Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaffleCorp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2010

Every single time I update, my speed hovers around 2-5 kb/s and after 10 min or so, it drops to 0 kb/s and never goes up again. I have to keep restarting LoL launcher every now and then for hours. Does this happen to anyone else? If so, how do I fix it?

PS: my estimated time is 1 day --hours --min : (

PSS: I have a wireless, and my internet speed is 56 Mb/s. I closed all skype, msn, and torrent, basically every single internet consuming programs, and my update speed isn't increasing at all

PSSS: My friend's update speed is 100kb/s whyyyyy : (

PSSSS: Im patching for 5 hours now and im still 90% [LOL. Game] 52/53

PSSSSS: Its still downloading. I just wanted to say that I don't USUALLY lag in game, but why am I updating so slow. My friend takes 30 minutes, but im still updating after 5 hours 38 min

WaffleCorp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2010

bump for riot

Cheat

Recruiter

11-03-2010

It's happened to me, are you patching from the most recent update? Or is this a fresh reinstall?
My speed generally slows down like mad near the end of the download too.

WaffleCorp

11-03-2010

This is the most recent patch (LeBlanc's patch) and ive been downloading for 6 hrs and 30 min now : (

WaffleCorp

11-03-2010

I deleted
pandora media thing
Disabled firewall
Disabled my antivirus
Tried to change my browser
Closed every program
Set my power management to high performance
Messed around with Internet Options

Result?
1 kb/s : (

PS: After i deleted the pandora media thing, the news from LoL dissapeared and my update speed isn't going any faster. It dropped to 0kb/s just now. sigh

Common0324

11-03-2010

Dude I'm right there with ya. I just have to keep restarting it.. It blows.

Don't expect anything from Riot.... just sayin

WaffleCorp

11-04-2010

After I finished my 7 hours and 30 minute update, the next day, Riot created another update. REALLY. And my speed isn't improving from yesterday too. I can bear a day of updating (not) but after my 7 hours and 30 minute update, you want me to spend another several hours of my life? My god...

gotosira

11-04-2010

wtf?? Riot. My goes super slow... 1kb/sec... ???? I tried all things above like other guys did too. Why is this happening?? Why cant we just have a direct download to patch... I'm sad.

Mandragoron

11-04-2010

I have the same Problem... 1-10 kb/s no chance to get more... i tryed realy a LOT

Help please

Dartflare

11-04-2010

Same here... the Peak of speed was 24kbps (for less than a sec) in the last 5 hours... and Im @ 35% of instalation On this very moment its 3kbps (130mb) remaining... But it was 200mb remaining b4... and now is 130mb from other 200mb... So... its like 270mb downloaded and god knows how much more I have to download... Maybe Manual download would be helpful (On regular download... just download an MP3 from Beatport for testing... Im getting 234kbps)

This sux...