Varus' Necklace

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceHound

03-16-2013

I noticed Varus has a necklace which every once in a while when not moving he'll begin to play with n such, is there any lore to this or is Varus just playing with it because he's bored?

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

03-16-2013

It must have some meaning that will be revealed in the future. It's prominent on a couple of his current skins,

IceHound

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
It must have some meaning that will be revealed in the future. It's prominent on a couple of his current skins,
The thing I found most odd about it is that none of his splash arts even show it(not even the default), as if the thing was never even a part of his design.

Ansaa

03-16-2013

I've always assumed it was a locket containing pictures of his dead wife and child, who were murdered by Noxians when they attacked his village.

They way he looks at his, holds it close to his heart, then lifts his face to the sky makes me think he is remembering them.

Violle

03-17-2013

I like to think that it might have belonged to his wife.

Either that or the guy likes his bling a lot.

AnkryaDoli

03-19-2013

Varus needs to go on a rampage. Always thought of him as an anti-hero

Ask Tyrant Swain

03-19-2013

When Varus idles he will look at the necklace and then into the sky.

IceHound

03-19-2013

Hm well I looked further into Varus' designs in-game, it seems archlight Varus doesn't have this necklace, crystal blight and normal do have it however, so it may be possible that necklace somehow corrupted him maybe? When you think about it, the necklace could have made him grow angry to the point where the corruption flat out took over his body. It be nice to see if a red post could clear things up.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-23-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violle View Post
I like to think that it might have belonged to his wife.

Either that or the guy likes his bling a lot.
It is indeed a memento of his lost family and something that's helping him to keep on a grip on his humanity, at least for now. Whether he'll be able to stave off the corruption in the long run however...