RIOTNOME EMERGENCY QUICK (healing aura)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

The reason the healing aura exist, real reason Riot gave back then at release, was that they fear a strong healer was gonna be extremly hard to move out from a point. The pointed out as examples, garen with his ability to regenerate and sona with a tank in a point , they fear they would be able to hold a point forever.

Similar reasons were used to implement penetration auras, so tanks can't hold a point forever.

Stralucire

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Similar reasons were used to implement penetration auras, so tanks can't hold a point forever.
And back in the day before we learned how to meta dominion, a good tank could hold out a point near forever. Tanklux or Maokai in the brush above Windmill could stall three assaulters for nearly an entire game, given a recall now and then. But then everyone learned to jungle, and those players who sat on a point were left behind.

It's one of those things that depend on your elo. If you're high enough on elo to queue with competent tower divers: tanks, healers, and other tower dwellers aren't going to hold the game. If you're low enough elo to have your team feed themselves one by one into a tower and its squatter, the strategy remains viable.

SylianEUW

03-16-2013

Yorick is the main reason to keep the aura. Dominus Arts plays a beastly Yorick, and it would be even stronger without the healing aura nerf. However, perhaps this could be solved partly by removing Tear and/or Manamune. Manamune gives Yorick a decent amount of damage and a ton of sustain. Removing it would force him to get less ideal items, thus making him a bit weaker.

Sanguine Blade might also need a nerf in case the aura is removed. It was balanced around the aura nerf. Then again, ADC aren't exactly running rampart at the moment.

Foxley

03-16-2013

Was probably a necessary step when WOTA was in every game and gave ridiculous spellvamp, and lifesteal items still gave ludicrous sustain. Now that's no longer the case. It'd make Warwick and Mundo better, which wouldn't be so bad since they're kind of garbage right now.

AlphaFerric

03-17-2013

Well, I'm sure adc's, supports, nunu/mundo/voli/vlad and spirit visage would all be happy about that one, as well as nid/kayle/akali/ahri/karma and I'm sure others. But honestly its the supports that would worry me just out of how much money they get. I'd be more happy if he could wing it so spellvamp wasn't affected, and things like mundo/voli aren't hit soo hard by the aura. So basically anything with a CD over 30 seconds. Hell, make it so any healing over a certain amount can only happen every 30 seconds, and just increase the effect of spellvamp.

Talith PA

03-17-2013

Sanguine blade Lee Sin is also going to be kind of annoying.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
Yorick is the main reason to keep the aura. Dominus Arts plays a beastly Yorick, and it would be even stronger without the healing aura nerf. However, perhaps this could be solved partly by removing Tear and/or Manamune. Manamune gives Yorick a decent amount of damage and a ton of sustain. Removing it would force him to get less ideal items, thus making him a bit weaker.

Sanguine Blade might also need a nerf in case the aura is removed. It was balanced around the aura nerf. Then again, ADC aren't exactly running rampart at the moment.
this would actually make him stronger. tear is a trap on yorick tbh. he does **** early game and it can cost him the lane if the other player can take advantage of it.

i have some concerns about this idea though tbh. people like WW and lee sin becoming monsters does not sound like a good deal to me. nunu is annoying enough like everyone has already said and Sylian makes a point that yorick would go over the top too. im sure there is a solid way to fix this so we don't get ANOTHER not playable champ on dom like Thresh.

MMKH

03-17-2013

I think the healing debuff aura should be removed or weakened, or make Exec's a better buy.