RIOTNOME EMERGENCY QUICK (healing aura)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

03-16-2013

RIOTNOME PLZ REMOVE HEALING NERF AURA BEFORE ZAC COMES OUT!

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DO NOT BE RACIST AGAINST GLOBULAR HOMONOIDS!

No, seriously, is there any real argument for healing nerf aura remaining? The most abusive part of it is healing others and that's already/still not a problem after being removed. What's it going to break for top lane.. Mundo? Lulz. Also buff for ADC as they tend to be *the* life steal users.

Probably the worst impact is a slight shift in bot lane balance (Nunu might become too obnoxious again), but nothing too serious I think.

Sakuri Ono

03-16-2013

Yeah I'm not really seeing why it still exists either.

Bot lane = SR Top lane. (Even the ganking points are pretty much the same; one wide in the middle and two narrows behind the towers.)
Top lane/jungle = SR 4v4 engages. (Which happens often enough either due to split pushes or a built-up lane needing farmed out.)

Removing it only shifts Dominion balance more towards what the game is already being balanced around to begin with. The fact that, at present, a Champion could be released that is completely non-viable for this map (due to the aura-kit interaction) is pretty much the same as release map-specific champions; which I think Riot outright said they would never do.

Stralucire

03-16-2013

I, too, would like additional reasons to ban Nidalee and Kayle.

Yeah, no, I have absolutely no evidence to back that up. But I think the problem lies in that statement: the healing debuff doesn't affect all characters evenly. Mundo/Vlad/Voli/... Soraka? aren't going to break from a little boost in healing. If anything, it might actually make some of them viable. But some champs already sit at the top echelon, even with the buff in place (Nid/Kayle/Maokai). I doubt removing the debuff would push them into cheesecake territory, but they don't exactly need the bonus.

Then again, I would like to play more Vlad.

Fabs457

03-16-2013

Vlad would also really like it removed. I agree I never really understood why it still existed in the onset of S3

TheLittlestLulu

03-16-2013

It still baffles me that Riot would do a widespread nerf to healing, which effects champs that were already underpowered in dominion to begin with, but they are completely unwilling to do anything about Kass.

konfetarius

03-16-2013

It seems to be a relic of how Riot visualized Dominion would be played back when they released it... which is honestly probably more inaccurate now than Aparkhurst's misconceptions on bot lane's interactions with ganking.

Quote:
This is what I mean. Nidalee/Kayle heals are much more abusive when cast on others by the nature of their kits. That has already been buffed, and honestly, not that much of an impact on how strong they are. I don't see how Nidalee or Kayle surviving a second longer is going to break either of them.

Sakuri Ono

03-16-2013

Going to toss out a light thought just to have the misconceptions of it worked out before I take it on as opinion:

If Riotnome refuses to change the healing aura, and if the PBE team refuses to change Zac dramatically; does this mean Riot has broken their promise about never releasing map-specific champions?

Unlike all our other 'weak/low tier' selections Zac will not be usable in Solo Q with skill. He won't be usable with specific team comps. The damage to self > healing to self + aura nerf interaction will likely render him, literally, unplayable on Dominion. Thus making him 'specific' to SR, TT, and HA; being completely locked out of TCS.

lbgsloan

03-16-2013

As someone who really ones plays support mages on CS these days, I would very much like to see it removed. Nunu and AP Yi are probably the only possible major abuse cases, and this could be resolved by changing EC and Morellonomican's anti-healing back to their S2 versions (ie push button, receive debuff for 8 seconds). Would also help if EC wasn't a useless pos statwise.

Quote:
Nid's problems are mainly bug related at this point (ie invisible spears), and nobody skills Kayle's W until last. 20% more healing on a ~60 HP heal isn't going to suddenly break her.

DiscworldDeath

03-16-2013

You know who else uses lifesteal? Bruisers with AS and LS. The ranged ADC aren't necessarily the main beneficiaries on Dominion.

konfetarius

03-16-2013

Bruisers are significantly weaker life steal users than ADC. Range, damage balance into abilities, etc.