Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So Quality Player (the AP tryn guy) got banned again for unconventional builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SG InsaneWind

03-16-2013

Actually to be honest i agree with the punishment not because i dislike the guy or anything because i have no idea who he is, but because his score is clear that he didn not help anyone on his team ZERO assists i could see if they shown clear signs of assisting their team why you would be mad at their 2 week ban or what ever.

Point is it looks like all they did was KS for a good score, 6/2/0 is a nice score but you would expect even the occasional assist....

Don't like what i said? Don't care its the truth and its how i feel the game went not being able to see it live myself i can't really say one way or the other but in 24+ mins cait had tons of assists where Karma didn't have a single one... In fact Karma was the ONLY one without an assist which clearly shows the intent in how their kills were gained.

스르륵

03-16-2013

Quote:
Rillain:
I'm still the best in every game I play. Give it awhile and I'll be platinum. Then we'll see who's good?

accept the friend request so I can show you what dominance actually means.

stupid noob too scared.

Bu Gao Xing

Master Recruiter

03-16-2013

Hmm, what I'm seeing is just evidence towards not communicating with his team and straight up being selfish. Shurelia (yes, the former Riot employee for those who were around that long ago) plays Mid Leona and Support Fizz on her stream that she calls "**** the Meta".. but she informs her team before hand "Hey I'm gonna mid Leona." which naturally invokes some "Wait what?" moments.. but hardly anyone rages her for it. (This is also backed up by her not being awful with the idea and going 2-8, giving a quick win to the enemy team.) If her teammates express concern she volunteers other spots. This is part of the issue that Lyte is trying to work out right now with his Champion Select thread. With a vote kick system in place, he wouldn't be suspended, he would have just been vote kicked from the matches. In other words, he is clearly trolling, only takes into account how he wants to play, and forces his team into awkward positions. Circle jerk over, go back to watching his stream.. I'm sure he has other smurfs.

DomainSpecific

03-16-2013

lol at the red post

Basically, it means you can get banned with unorthodox picks if you have not tried them before

JabaRune

03-16-2013

Quote:
gypsylord:
I would have clicked punish.

Game 4:
Mordekaiser [00:01:15] 1st time jungle morde

When I queue for ranked I could care less who you play or where you play them. What I do care about is that you're trying your hardest to win the game in the role you've chosen with a champion you are comfortable with. If that's Ap Tryndamere or GP then so be it. If you want to go "experiment" with some off-build for the first time you can queue for normals.

To be clear, I would not vote punish because he picked "jungle Morde" I would vote punish because he picked "1st time jungle Morde YOLO this'll be silly."

His normal elo is probably like 1200s. Even I can jungle morde at 1200 and do well and I'm only 1500 elo. How dop you expect him to test a build in normals lol?

스르륵

03-16-2013

Quote:
Valenten:
Wrong you cant. In ranked you are expected to communicate with your team to make the best team you can. In his games he never did any of that he always just instalocked whoever he was going to play and made his team deal with it. Now the bigger thing is that he plays this kind of stuff as a first time thing and that should be done in Normals or coop either way he is hindering his team greatly by doing what he does.

that's why dodging is implemented.

Why allow for instalocks if it's a bannable offense? IT ISNT BANNABLE.

limbrok

03-16-2013

Quote:
???:
and tell me, why is it a bannable statement in the first place?

I can play first time whatever whenever I want.

I don't know if you've read the summoner's code...

First of all, I don't have a problem if it's their first time running it in Ranked. However, if he has never played it before, then there is obvious malicious or trolly intent behind his actions. Play it in normals at least once or twice before bringing it to Ranked, that's fine.

Some direct quotes from the Summoner's Code for you:

Quote:
Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team.

Remember, taking a jab at your friend in the middle of the game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger. Someone who is unfamiliar with what you consider playful may take your comment as an attack and react unfavorably.

Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense

Nobody’s asking you to be perfect, but we do want you to, whenever possible, strive to uphold the same standards of behavior that you expect everyone else to maintain.

Punkshifter

03-16-2013

Looking at the scores for his team mates in those games, plus the negative communication from 1-2 players each game, this ban was not warranted. I am not surprised that a ban took place however. Players do not like people going against "the meta".
In the AD Karma game he had the only positive score on the team. You could take the word of the person reporting in that this player would only dart in and KS but without being able to see a replay I wouldn't hold that as gospel.

Perhaps if the new replay system that is coming works out well we could see it added to The Tribunal somehow. There will still be situations where these kinds of bans occur but it may reduce the numbers slightly.

Zerglinator

03-16-2013

Quote:
swan2swan:
Agreed. If the team had won, this would be different. But the fact that they LOST meant that he potentially cost them the game--also, his score was abysmal, meaning that it wasn't a situation where they lost in spite of him going jungle Morde; they lost, possibly BECAUSE he went jungle Morde.

And then he requests a surrender.

Yes, our "Quality Player" needs his team to surrender because of his experimental pick in ranked.

Has anyone considered, BEFORE they play their unconventional build, to ASK in champ select, "Hey guys, anyone mind if I try this unconventional build?" or "I'm going to try something new and unconventional, is that okay with people?"

Ep1cLeprechaun

03-16-2013

Quote:
BuckWild Panda:
Hope people realize it's the games that go super sour that cause this. I'm all for not being a complete meta sheep, espescially in the NA scene. But at the same time getting free losses because of that stuff is extremely annoying at the diamond stage. The huge majority of the people supporting him would be the same people raging if it was them getting the free loss because of it. Especially when most of the experimental builds have no theorycrafting behind them, they aren't all like AP Tryn

Both sides are somewhat wrong in my opinion
Riot shouldn't force people to follow the meta or ban them. At the same time people shouldn't be forced into free losses because someone wants to experiment random things. Some like AP Tryn have a niche that makes them work. The majority fail horribly and it negatively affects 4 other diamond players possibly trying to grind to challenger.

But I genuinely belief that QP was trying to win. I think he should have tested in normals, but I'm pretty sure he did. A lot of people say, "First time X" as a joke, I have myself, usually with a skin so they can tell I'm kidding. But even if this was his first time doing it, there is nothing against the rules from trying to win with an unconventional build.