So Quality Player (the AP tryn guy) got banned again for unconventional builds

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FullMentalJacket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

TL;DR: I think that the key here is that he's not working with his team, he's working parallel to them. This is a real disadvantage in the game.
Yes, the unconventional build thing should be more acceptable, but he should be checking with his team to make sure they are ok with it before he does so.
I'm all in favor of trying new things, whether it be running a champion in a new way, or running different items on a champion.
That said, many people aren't comfortable with working with a handicap in their game. Sure, something new might turn out to be awesome, but more often than that it's going to be mediocre or bad. This is a legitimate concern, and I would not be comfortable playing with this guy.
He may have the best intentions, and he may be trying his best to win, but when he's doing an experiment, he should make sure that his teammates are ok with that before risking the game.
Most games on Summoner's Rift take 40 minutes or more, and that's a lot of time to gamble on something.
It does highlight some problems with tribunal, such as the mob rule, where the opinion of the majority may be wrong, but is enforced anyway.
It also highlights the problems of pre- and post- game screens being absent, as well as matchmaking in general.
On the other hand, he's obviously ignoring his teammates requests to work with them by going with sub-optimal builds or champions. The teamwork and cooperation aspects of this game are proven elements that have a much bigger impact on the game outcome than individual skill or build routes.
By ignoring his teammates, he's imposing a big handicap on them, and doing so for selfish reasons, i.e. his desire to try something different.
In addition, he obviously knows that this is causing people to report him, and that other people agree that his behavior is not the sort of thing they want to deal with.
It's unfortunate that in any society mavericks will experience ostracisation, but that's the due to social psychology, which he is obviously ignoring.
In a sense, he's trolling the tribunal.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Thought we been over this?

Playing unconventional builds isn't bannable.

Playing unconventional build when your team needs a specific champion thing.

So is picking a role that has already been taken, just because you wasn't able to get it.

Stop being bias.

DaemRijou

03-16-2013

Although I think it was an unfair ban, I can understand it. Ranked is a place for serious play. I know he's being serious, but using uncoventional builds in ranked is going to get you reported, no way around it. I'd say just play normals if you're going to use weird builds, or you're just gonna 'cause stress and rage from team mates.

ThanksALatte

03-16-2013

Question: Do he at least try to fill a roll with his unconventional build, or does he force his team to build around him since he's streaming unconventionals for viewers?

Shiister

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanksALatte View Post
Question: Do he at least try to fill a roll with his unconventional build, or does he force his team to build around him since he's streaming unconventionals for viewers?
Force his teammates from what report comments and chat. That's why this ban isn't unfair to me.

Mappy

03-16-2013

yeah, He doesn't deserve a ban from that tribunal.

Myst Desdemona

03-16-2013

Wtf is wrong with people, he did nothing wrong, no verbal abuse, and no trolling either, to be honest, i have seen those builds before, even the karma one (in addition to him having a positive score on that one, which is also his team's best score) seriously, whats wrong with people -.-

Siigari

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanksALatte View Post
I enjoy playing Skarner mid. But I don't always get mid, so I play other roles, too. I played support Kayle a few games ago and we won.

Forcing it seems to be the problem here. Ban seems justified.

xMab

03-16-2013

This is incredibly sad.... but what can we expect from a punishment system that relies on a community consisting mainly of children to decide a players fate?

Shiister

03-16-2013

Funny thing is, if this wasn't Quality Player's reform card, this thread wouldn't of gained this much attention. So much hypocrisy in this thread it's sad.