Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So Quality Player (the AP tryn guy) got banned again for unconventional builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XNinjaFuHiya

03-16-2013

This guy hardly did anything wrong, banning him is kind of like forcing the meta. Unconventional builds are fun, and you should not be banned for unconventional builds. Thats like forcing a champion to have to go a specific route ALL THE TIME. Just because he plays a champ that rarely sees different route builds he should not be banned. If his Karma was replaced with Teemo, no one would care. Teemo has so many paths. An AP carry can choose to build full AD, like LeBlanc for example. It may be unorthodox but her Auto attack animation and escapes gives her some reason to. On hit Lulu used to be troll but people found it to be strong and it was accepted.

Anyway to sum it up, banning because of unconventional builds is unfair. I'm pretty sure thats "banning for not building him/her/it right".

elbicnivnimai

03-16-2013

As a player of unconventional builds, I fully support stopping this nonsense.

Glarolar

03-16-2013

Quote:
Shadow of Inari:
If he actually tried these things in normals first, thats fine. Ranked is for serious play though, not trying things you aren't sure won't just completely fail.

That would be stupid, i always try new things in ranked because my normal mmr is against silver players because i never play normal. I'm a plat player, do you really think doing well against someone 2 tiers below you will tell you if it's good? Of course not, you need to go against people with the same skill level to see if it would actually work. Working against people less skilled than you means nothing. I could go ADC ahri or LB in a silver game and wreck, doesn't mean it would work against gold/plat/diamond players

Ireliateyou

03-16-2013

4th game is kind of questionable but it's very obvious he tried in every role he got.

Leo the yordle

03-16-2013

THIS is why I'm scared to play unconventionally.

Have a few bad games and you're done.

Bronn21

03-16-2013

Quote:
Leo the yordle:
THIS is why I'm scared to play unconventionally.

Have a few bad games and you're done.

which is why you should do it in normal and not ranked

Kelg

03-16-2013

working as intended?

mi ramfan

03-16-2013

There was no reason for this guy to get banned lol...

a little harsh language in the later games but A. he was getting a lot worse from his teammates and B. all he really did is inform the ragers that he was ignoring them.

mrdude5410

03-16-2013

Honestly, you shouldn't be doing stuff like that for the first time in ranked. I'm not saying don't try unconventional things, there are plenty of good alternate builds, but at least make sure it works well in normals first.

Raloosh

03-16-2013

Quote:
Bronn21:
which is why you should do it in normal and not ranked

He got himself to diamond playing AP Tryn, which used to be considered troll.
Just saying.